. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Didn't we agree that we wouldn't have memes on this thread?

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #739 of 6,413
Quote:

Actually, the issue for 1.0 was peaky mids and resonances caused by the shell. 1.1 tried to address it with filters (it was basically a beta version of 1.2). 1.2 finally got rid of it by dampening the shell and adding filters. There was never any driver flex issue that I was aware of.

There were absolutely driver flex issues with the first ASG-1's. I know this from first hand experience. Most of the people who got in on the first order had driver flex. 

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #740 of 6,413
Just jumping in here.
I'm finding the ASG-1 really interesting what with that huge driver and the interesting fit.
I do find the "keep in mind the target audience" warnings and such a little daunting. Am i correct in assuming these are in fact top-tier phones quality-wise? Or is their sound novel...

I've got a question:
with the 1.2 revision, is EQing for soundstage, balance, quality still necessary?
I only ask because I'm not one for EQing. To me, it just seems like a headache and i always end up fiddling around with the settings never quite happy. I've gotten to the point where either i like headphones, or move on to something new.
otherwise i might as well wait and see what the ASG-2 has in store.

thanks

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #741 of 6,413
Quote:
Just jumping in here.
I'm finding the ASG-1 really interesting what with that huge driver and the interesting fit.
I do find the "keep in mind the target audience" warnings and such a little daunting. Am i correct in assuming these are in fact top-tier phones quality-wise? Or is their sound novel...

I've got a question:
with the 1.2 revision, is EQing for soundstage, balance, quality still necessary?
I only ask because I'm not one for EQing. To me, it just seems like a headache and i always end up fiddling around with the settings never quite happy. I've gotten to the point where either i like headphones, or move on to something new.
otherwise i might as well wait and see what the ASG-2 has in store.

thanks

Absolutely top tier in my opinion. Though at that level, subjectivity is greatly increased as most IEM's at that level are very technically capable, they will all have different ways of presenting music.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #742 of 6,413
Quote:
There were absolutely driver flex issues with the first ASG-1's. I know this from first hand experience. Most of the people who got in on the first order had driver flex. 

I remember about 3 or 4 people who had issues with them. Saying that most people had issues with them is a gross overstatement.

Quote:
But you was so sure that the 1.1 had a fliter you even "confirmed it". Now your doing memes as if to say you knew this all along.

Not sure what you're saying.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #744 of 6,413
Quote:

I remember about 3 or 4 people who had issues with them. Saying that most people had issues with them is a gross overstatement.

Oh, I didn't know you had first had knowledge of the first shipment of ASG1's. Just because there weren't a lot of posts about it, doesn't mean it wasn't happening. But you seem to know more about it than the people who sold them to me, so I guess you must be right.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #748 of 6,413
I guess I shouldn't feel so deficient by wondering what model I should have purchased? Had some trouble following along before ... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #749 of 6,413
Quote:
Absolutely top tier in my opinion. Though at that level, subjectivity is greatly increased as most IEM's at that level are very technically capable, they will all have different ways of presenting music.

I concur on both accounts.  Mine also had driver flex issue.

At the rate of these posts are going, I'm looking forward to it getting locked down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back