Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #766 of 6,413
Quote:
let me reiterate, I am a very very odd duck, and Dale and all of the Aurisonic staff, are awesome, and have gone to great lengths and expense to resolve MY very very unique situation, and it is MY own personal experience that has contributed to my experience with my ASGs,

so rest assured that this will not be any of anyone elses experience, this stuff is the story of my life, if someone gets picked out of a crowd for anything, then that person will be ME, ggrrr! and dbl ugh!

I am the original Charlie Brown, ggod grief not again, yes I will always try to kick the football when Lucy holds it for me, no matter how many times, ugh! lol,

I real really belive that I was Job in a past life, when God needed to use someone as an example, then I tend to always voluteer, praise God!

when I got in line I thought they said trains and not brains, so when it was my turn i got out of line for some icecream, twice, lol, mmmmm, ssooo good, but icecream don't get you across the street, or thru life, lol,

so Happy easy peay Listening everyone, and rest assured! someone is always looking out for you! weather we realise it or not! Praise the Lord! 2 years 2 months 4 days 16 hours and 77 mins sober! Yippee! and my Head-Fi, and my music are a very big part of it all, and soon so will be my ASG1.2s!

You can't really say you are an odd duck ANDEROAN, everyone has different ears and we all hear differently so we can't exactly say you are that different.

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #767 of 6,413
So the pair you put up for sale is the one that "sounded like an am mono radio"? Good luck for the buyer...

Quote:
Hey folks, the problem here is that there is/was an inconsistancey in the ASG drivers, like I said I had 5 SETS of them? all of them with their sound all over the charts, if you all compared your versions with one another you would be surprised with the inconsistancies?

my first set was to die for, open balanced NO shoutiness great mids tight punchy bass, very very detailed, with just the rigth amount of treble, and a soundsatge to die for, uber 3D, they sounded alot like my Sony EX600s, but without the treble spike, better mids, and a larger soundstage? I was totally blown away with them, and it only took 10 mins. for them to get that way?

but they would resonate when I would be out and about whistling, so Dale said that the seal was leaking and to send them in? biggest mistake of my life, I've gone thru 4 more sets, and each one now has the shoutiness, muffled shoutiness, and the worst one was my fixed pair that came back with an ubber head in a bubble effect with tons of shoutiness, and would resonate even when I wasn't whistling? what the? these were my beautiful ASGs? what happened, and this was only by fixing the seal? did they even give them a listen before they sent them back to me? I can't belive that they shipped stuff out like this? god awefull they were, the philips SHE 3580s sounded way better than these? they sounded like an am mono radio stuck in a tube heard from far away? all from fixing a seal? Dale didn't comment on the sound, when I asked, he just said to send them back yet again,

I got my first set in 03/03 sent then in on 03/12, and have been missining them ever since, I loved those ASGs where did they go, Dale has been awesome thru this whole ordeal, but something is amiss, so I wouldn't be surprised if you all got together and compared sound signitures of your ASGs, to find them all to being different? I will be getting a final set of the ASGs from Aurisonics soon, the 1.2 version, I will give them a listen, they will be my 6th set of ASGs, I started with the 1s, had the 1.1s, my fixed set of the 1s, the 1.2s, another set of 1s, I have NO hopes of having the great sound that I originally started with, oh well I'll soon find out? fingers crossed, I am just ssooo surprised that Aurisomnics CAN NOT reproduce that freakishly awesome sound that I first had? sssooo sad, I never knew IEMs could sound so fantastic,

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #768 of 6,413
Quote:
So the pair you put up for sale is the one that "sounded like an am mono radio"? Good luck for the buyer...

LOL,^ nope those all got retured, the ones up for sale are Matts from SpringTrees personal ones, he sold me his, after I talked to him hoping that they still had some original ASG-1s in stock,

he told me that all of the ASG-1 stock had already been switched over to the ASG1.2 inventory? so he was going to upgrade with a new set, and so he sold me his old ones! they have a great sound but still not like my original ASGs? so I am selling them off,

all of the others where replacement sets diectly from Aurisonic, ones that Dale was trying to adjust to an original sound? which is why all the changes in there sound for ME, so not an Aurisonic issue after all, a very specific issue for ME, one that has to do with My own personal experience, so NO ONE else will be having such issues, sorry if i raised an alarm with any of my fellow Head-Fiers, and the set that I got from Matt IS NOT a part of the inconsistancy issue, that I was having, ugh! hope that is very clear, 

which in the end I am getting an unaltered set of the ASG1.2s? I wll give them a go around? and from what jrkong was saying the issue I was having has been addressed and dealt with! in the 1.2 version! yippee! so I will back in the groove man!

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #769 of 6,413
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the ballpark cost is to go from ASG-1 to ASG-2? I remember reading that it was confirmed that they were upgradeable.

Are we talking doubling the cost? Or shall they remain within universal (opposed to custom) pricing?

i'm beginning to think a BA + dynamic driver combo is my ideal sound.

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #770 of 6,413
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the ballpark cost is to go from ASG-1 to ASG-2? I remember reading that it was confirmed that they were upgradeable.

Are we talking doubling the cost? Or shall they remain within universal (opposed to custom) pricing?

i'm beginning to think a BA + dynamic driver combo is my ideal sound.

No words on costs have been released yet.  So you'll have to wait.

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #771 of 6,413
Quote:
Hey has anyone asked you to make a ASG-1de for them yet? I'm kinda curious.

I'd like to think I'm the only one who owns them in our country
rolleyes.gif
I am even the only person in our local head-fi forum that has them
cool.gif

Well, I think if you want to try - you can just remove the 'seal' around your IEM after opening them. I think that's what making them 'air tight', once you remove them, it will be able to breathe (some sort of port) and the sound will change --- for the better --- at least for me.

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #772 of 6,413
Ok for those who are worried about the price, I can't tell you exactly what you pay, but Dale has decided to let you all in on a little bit of what you are going to be paying for soon.

Quote Dale Lott:
Many have asked about pricing on the ASG-1 to ASG-2 upgrade so this is our current official answer. Of course ASG-2 is not yet available only the AS-2 is launching soon.  If you want the hybrid combination you will get it only in the custom series for now.  However, the changeover from 1 series to 2 series is a pretty big deal and while it will be less than a new set of the 2 series generic new price it will be more than just adding tweeters and off you go...

So to reiterate
  1. the AS-2 (the customs) are the ones being released. Everyone waiting for the universal ASG-2 will have to wait
  2. the AS-1 to AS-2 is going to be a "big deal" (good for sound, bad for wallet)
  3. you are going to pay more for tweeters, it will be less then a new ASG-2. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #773 of 6,413
I will settle with EQ for now :p The ASG1's treble is there, just not hyperactive like other IEMs say like DBA02.... but once you tune it up.... oh the timber/shimmer!

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #774 of 6,413
Quote:
Ok for those who are worried about the price, I can't tell you exactly what you pay, but Dale has decided to let you all in on a little bit of what you are going to be paying for soon.

So to reiterate
  1. the AS-2 (the customs) are the ones being released. Everyone waiting for the universal ASG-2 will have to wait
  2. the AS-1 to AS-2 is going to be a "big deal" (good for sound, bad for wallet)
  3. you are going to pay more for tweeters, it will be less then a new ASG-2. 

Sorry, but just to clarify what that implies;  buying a new pair of ASG-2s when they come out will be notably cheaper than the total cost of buying the ASG-1 now and then sending it in for an upgrade later on?

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #776 of 6,413
Quote:

Sorry, but just to clarify what that implies;  buying a new pair of ASG-2s when they come out will be notably cheaper than the total cost of buying the ASG-1 now and then sending it in for an upgrade later on?

I'm not too sure myself, but it will still probably be cheaper by some amount as you already have the shells (I believe some people said they use the same shells further back in the thread) and the cable. I would think: be aware it may be costly though because, unlike the ASG-1-ASG-1.2, this is going to be a big upgrade so be aware. My guess anyways.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #777 of 6,413
Either way, i'll wait for some reviews on the ASG-1.2.

I'm just trying to decide whether i should consider the  ASG-1.2 or wait for the ASG-2. If the cost of upgrading is going to be closer to a new set of phones than the difference in price between the two - it might be worth just waiting to read impressions on the ASG-2 later this year... If i remember to.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #778 of 6,413
In my honest opinion, the cost of getting the 1.2 revision, then upgrading when the AS/ASG-2 will be more expensive than just buying an AS/ASG-2 when it's released. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #779 of 6,413
I figured as much.

I guess, if the difference between the ASG-2 retail and upgrading an ASG-1 was $20-40, taking the plunge on some ASG-1s in the nearer future wouldn't seem like much of a gamble. However, purchasing an ASG-1 now whens something potentially better is around the somewhat distant corner, makes less sense.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #780 of 6,413
I was just going through the songs on my girlfriend's iTunes to see which ones I could pilfer. I don't listen to Beyonce much, but her song "love on top" sounds amazing on the ASG-1. This is the best I've heard her sound on anything. Just goes to show how great the ASG-1 is with vocals. This carries over to genres like rap, the good kind, not the trash that dominates today. I can hear the dynamics and emotions as the rappers spit their rhymes. Everyone should hear The Roots' "Undun" album, especially on the ASG-1.

Then, I was reading a_recording's review of the EX1000 and XBA-4 when I saw the bass test. The ASG-1 easily rumbles at 10hz and below. Plus, the texturing is far and away the best I've heard.

Then don't even get me started on acoustic stuff. Brother Iz's "somewhere over the rainbow" is chilling.

Whether it's burn-in or brain-in. I no longer feel the need to touch my EQ any more for the highs. I will say that the ASG-1 loves power. It sounds even better when amped, not for volume purposes, but to better control the massive driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back