Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #797 of 6,413
Bottomless Bass .... now you are scaring me
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #798 of 6,413
Quote:
Bottomless Bass .... now you are scaring me
biggrin.gif

LOL, my 1.0/1.1s seemed bottomless as well, could have used slightly better presence, it was just barely good enough for me to count the bass overall for a five.  1.2s supposed to fix that I hear :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #802 of 6,413
Quote:
@tinyman,
What version do you have? Does yours have the red/ blue dots?

I had the 1.0/1.1 (IDK which).  They are currently at Aurisonics getting the upgrades to 1.2.  So I'll chime back in when I get them :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #804 of 6,413
So the ASG-1.2s are high on my wishlist for IEMs... I currently have CKM500s which are great but these ones intrigue me.
However I was reading the Aurisonics Impressions review page and I get the impression that a successor is coming out? ASG-2?
Is that a true successor or is it not supposed to replace the 1.2? And when is that coming out?

I hadn't considered that.
Is the asg-2 a replacement for the asg-1?
Or a higher end higher cost separate product?

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #805 of 6,413
Quote:
I hadn't considered that.
Is the asg-2 a replacement for the asg-1?
Or a higher end higher cost separate product?

High cost separate product.  It will have a different signature entirely from the ASG-1.  From what I've heard, it's supposed to be more of a balanced signature while the ASG-1 is supposed to focus on vocals.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #806 of 6,413
Quote:
so, with rev 1.2, are these still "vocalist monitors" as everyone has been disclaiming, or is the sound now more geared towards listening to music?

Is there enough highs for the detail to come through?

I've been reading through the many pages on the appreciation thread, as well as many of the mixed reviews across the various revisions. It's entirely confusing.

Yes, there are enough highs for detail to come through. The sound signature is mid-centric to bring the vocalist to the fore of a mix. That is very good for listening to music as well, if you like that signature.

Quote:
So the ASG-1.2s are high on my wishlist for IEMs... I currently have CKM500s which are great but these ones intrigue me.
However I was reading the Aurisonics Impressions review page and I get the impression that a successor is coming out? ASG-2?
Is that a true successor or is it not supposed to replace the 1.2? And when is that coming out?

No, it is not a successor. It does not replace the ASG-1.

There is the ASG-1 universal fit, with a 15mm dynamic driver, available now.
There is the AS-1b, custom fit, 15mm dynamic driver, with adjustable bass and ambient ports, available now.
I believe the custom is available without the adjustable bass and ambient ports as well, the AS-1, available now.

The AS-2, custom fit, is the flagship with a hybrid dynamic driver and two special, next-generation balanced armatures, available in the coming month. The sound signature will be for stage musicians and audiophiles, with a lift in the vocals, but more subtle than the AS-1 series.

The ASG-2, universal fit, with same driver configuration as the AS-2, will be above the ASG-1 in price and performance and be available by the end of the year, hopefully.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #807 of 6,413
Unless Dale has expressed otherwise privately to the posters on this thread, it is my understanding that the ASG-2x IS NOT an upgrade of over the ASG-1x.  It will have a distinct sound signature, but is not meant to trump the other.  Most likely there will be folks that will love the ASG-1x and dislike the ASG-2x and vice versa.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #808 of 6,413
I don't think their is any reason most people wont like both. But yes, they are not meant to be a lower and lesser version, just two differently focused products. Though both are still firstly meant for musicians.
Quote:
Unless Dale has expressed otherwise privately to the posters on this thread, it is my understanding that the ASG-2x IS NOT an upgrade of over the ASG-1x.  It will have a distinct sound signature, but is not meant to trump the other.  Most likely there will be folks that will love the ASG-1x and dislike the ASG-2x and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back