Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #706 of 6,354

dogears

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Posts
1,826
Likes
54
Location
Philippines
Was listening to Family Values Tour 2001 on the way home tonight and I was just smiling all the way. I think I'll just stop with the ASG1de and be done with IEMs. It pairs really well with the Sansa Fuze RB and I couldn't ask for more on the performance I am getting with the total cost spent and the simplicity of my mobile setup
biggrin.gif

 
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #707 of 6,354
Joined
Jul 22, 2011
Posts
7,049
Likes
1,162
Quote:
Was listening to Family Values Tour 2001 on the way home tonight and I was just smiling all the way. I think I'll just stop with the ASG1de and be done with IEMs. It pairs really well with the Sansa Fuze RB and I couldn't ask for more on the performance I am getting with the total cost spent and the simplicity of my mobile setup
biggrin.gif

 
 
rolleyes.gif
 ​
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #708 of 6,354

jrkong

Formerly known as ak47-whaaa
Member of the Trade: SPEAR Labs
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Posts
1,566
Likes
47
Quote:
Was listening to Family Values Tour 2001 on the way home tonight and I was just smiling all the way. I think I'll just stop with the ASG1de and be done with IEMs. It pairs really well with the Sansa Fuze RB and I couldn't ask for more on the performance I am getting with the total cost spent and the simplicity of my mobile setup
biggrin.gif

Hey has anyone asked you to make a ASG-1de for them yet? I'm kinda curious.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #709 of 6,354

FieldingMellish

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Posts
910
Likes
45
Quote:
Ok let me explain: The ASG-1 is one product and the 1.2 is a revision of a current product, it is still the ASG-1 and it doesn't really need a new model number or designation. 
About your second question, I'm not too sure about which you're asking about so I'll tell you all I think that may be the answer:
  1. There are reviews all revisions (1.0, 1.1, and 1.2) usually the review will say which revision is being reviewed.
  2. The customs we generally talk about is the "b" version and not the AS-1($399). The AS-1 is the same as the ASG-1 except it's custom. The AS-1a comes with an ambient port so you can let in more external sound (+$100). The AS-1b version everyone talks about has the ambient port as well as a bass port for adjustable bass(+$200). There is also an AS-1c which is the cable down configuration (+$50).
 
Hope this answers your question

 
 
Thanks! I called a dealer and did the deal. Not ready for custom as yet, so I went for an ASG-1 universal having the 1.2 mod. Future holds a potential upgrade to the hybrid being discussed. Or maybe going full out for the custom version if my confidence gets boosted with really loving the sound. 
redface.gif

 
(I question my having previously ordered a HiFiman RE-262 which is due to arrive in today's UPS.)  
rolleyes.gif

 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #710 of 6,354

tdshain

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Posts
143
Likes
10
Quote:
 
 
Thanks! I called a dealer and did the deal. Not ready for custom as yet, so I went for an ASG-1 universal having the 1.2 mod. Future holds a potential upgrade to the hybrid being discussed. Or maybe going full out for the custom version if my confidence gets boosted with really loving the sound. 
redface.gif

 
(I question my having previously ordered a HiFiman RE-262 which is due to arrive in today's UPS.)  
rolleyes.gif

 
Post a comparison when you get your ASG 1.2
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #711 of 6,354

FieldingMellish

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Posts
910
Likes
45
Quote:
 
Post a comparison when you get your ASG 1.2

 
 
Sure. I need to find out suggested burn-in times for both for a fair head to head. 
smile.gif

 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #712 of 6,354

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Posts
4,110
Likes
105
Just for those who are wondering about the revisions here a quick guide (although it will be hard to find the older ones now:

1.0 - The original generic fit of the customs.

However many people found it to have driver flex issue, so they modified and came up with....

1.1 - The made modifications (can post exactly what they done, search old thread posted there) which got rid of all problems there. There was no sonic changes as far as I am aware.

Then there were people not agreeing with mid hump. So they made me interior and exterior mods for....

1.2 - Filters, dampening and driver mods created a different less fatiguing sonic signature, also added red and blue right and left dots.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #713 of 6,354

jrkong

Formerly known as ak47-whaaa
Member of the Trade: SPEAR Labs
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Posts
1,566
Likes
47
Quote:
 
 
Thanks! I called a dealer and did the deal. Not ready for custom as yet, so I went for an ASG-1 universal having the 1.2 mod. Future holds a potential upgrade to the hybrid being discussed. Or maybe going full out for the custom version if my confidence gets boosted with really loving the sound. 
redface.gif

 
(I question my having previously ordered a HiFiman RE-262 which is due to arrive in today's UPS.)  
rolleyes.gif

Actually, the upgrade to the AS-2 series can be done for sure, that is a confirmed fact your main worry will be the cost.
 

Quote:
Just for those who are wondering about the revisions here a quick guide (although it will be hard to find the older ones now:
1.0 - The original generic fit of the customs.
However many people found it to have driver flex issue, so they modified and came up with....
1.1 - The made modifications (can post exactly what they done, search old thread posted there) which got rid of all problems there. There was no sonic changes as far as I am aware.
Then there were people not agreeing with mid hump. So they made me interior and exterior mods for....
1.2 - Filters, dampening and driver mods created a different less fatiguing sonic signature, also added red and blue right and left dots.

 



I believe the 1.1 revision fixed problems with driver flex the early 1.0 had and had a few more accessories.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #714 of 6,354
Joined
Jul 22, 2011
Posts
7,049
Likes
1,162
Quote:
Just for those who are wondering about the revisions here a quick guide (although it will be hard to find the older ones now:
1.0 - The original generic fit of the customs.
However many people found it to have driver flex issue, so they modified and came up with....
1.1 - The made modifications (can post exactly what they done, search old thread posted there) which got rid of all problems there. There was no sonic changes as far as I am aware.
Then there were people not agreeing with mid hump. So they made me interior and exterior mods for....
1.2 - Filters, dampening and driver mods created a different less fatiguing sonic signature, also added red and blue right and left dots.

 
Actually, the issue for 1.0 was peaky mids and resonances caused by the shell. 1.1 tried to address it with filters (it was basically a beta version of 1.2). 1.2 finally got rid of it by dampening the shell and adding filters. There was never any driver flex issue that I was aware of.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #715 of 6,354

jrkong

Formerly known as ak47-whaaa
Member of the Trade: SPEAR Labs
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Posts
1,566
Likes
47
Quote:
 
Actually, the issue for 1.0 was peaky mids and resonances caused by the shell. 1.1 tried to address it with filters (it was basically a beta version of 1.2). 1.2 finally got rid of it by dampening the shell and adding filters. There was never any driver flex issue that I was aware of.

nice post!
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #716 of 6,354

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Posts
4,110
Likes
105
Quote:
Actually, the upgrade to the AS-2 series can be done for sure, that is a confirmed fact your main worry will be the cost.
 

 
I believe the 1.1 revision fixed problems with driver flex the early 1.0 had and had a few more accessories.

 
Quote:
 
Actually, the issue for 1.0 was peaky mids and resonances caused by the shell. 1.1 tried to address it with filters (it was basically a beta version of 1.2). 1.2 finally got rid of it by dampening the shell and adding filters. There was never any driver flex issue that I was aware of.

I will check with dale happily but i am pretty sure the first revision was driver flex.
 
"They are sealed air
tight to external air and vent front to rear cavities within the sound bore.
This maintains maximum isolation from external noise."
 
Filters were not added until 1.2 and there were some prototypes sent out before of the ones used in 1.2 which i have.
Quote:
nice post!

Confused as who are you agreeing with, first me and then eke.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #717 of 6,354
Joined
Jul 22, 2011
Posts
7,049
Likes
1,162
I promise you that's not the case.

The only pressure related problems were those of the member cute. Rev 1.1 was a sound change, done using filters. Even now, the asg-1 isn't open to the environment. The porting is on the inside, with a calculated amount of air flowing to the driver. There were a few of us privy to the filters long before the rev 1.2 was revealed. That was rev 1.1.

Now there's a possibility I may be mistaken, but I doubt it.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #718 of 6,354

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Posts
4,110
Likes
105
No, cute was not the only person with problems and why they made a rather quick change. The person i bought them off was from the first 1.1 batch and if you look at a lot of for sale posts on these from early on they will say that they are the second revision with no driver flex. They were never sold with just filters were they?
 
I may as well be wrong.
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #719 of 6,354

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Posts
8,305
Likes
1,352
I don't know if any of you have talked about any of this, but I should mention it.  When I originally posted about the 1.2 revision I talked about how the 1.1 revision had a small spike at the 2k range and made a small comment about the headphones stating that I guess the spike was at 2k instead of 1.2k as originally suspected (I originally thought the spike was around the 2k region, but I don't know which revision I had...  Doesn't matter now, I'm getting the 1.2 :)).  However, following that post, I quickly got an email from Dale which stated the following:
  1. Rev 1.0 (no revision) had a spike around the 1.2k region
  2. Rev 1.1 (first revision) had a spike around the 2k region (based on the graph of the 1.1 vs 1.2 rev released)
  3. Rev 1.2 (second revision) had a spike around the...  Well, by that graph, it had no spikes :p (based on the graph of the 1.1 vs 1.2 rev released)
 
Just thought I'd toss that in there. 
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #720 of 6,354

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Posts
4,110
Likes
105
Oh wow i am getting good at being wrong about Aurisonics details....... 
I apoligise dearly, this lifeguard course i am doing is damn exhausting and there fore my excuse.
 
However i am not sure what the driver flex revision was and what revision i have?
 
Sorry guys and sorry Dale.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top