Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #32 of 6,413

Quote:
@jrkong whoa, great job setting this thread up! Nicely done. Looking forward to more meaningful discussions here. ;p
@phoenix claw - if you're based in Singapore, we can get a test unit out to you. If you're on the hwz forum, cherns has already posted details of the tourbox program that we've got going on. If not, pm me and I'll get you on that. Although we are in the midst of sending units back to Aurisonics to be updated.
I'm also gonna get my ASG updated to rev 1.2. That new freq curve looks very promising. I've gotten so used to the firm mid range in my ASG-1 that my other iems sound scooped in comparison! Am also waiting for my AS-1b... apparently it'll have the rev 1.2 spec as well. Yay! Am positively itching to use the AS-1b onstage when I return to playing out.
Good days ahead for Aurisonics lovers!

Thanks Kang, I am based in Singapore. But school is too demanding for me to have enough time to extensively audition in the tourbox and reliably send them off in the mail. I am on the hwz forum (same username actually). I'll try to wait it out first (I'm also excited for the GR08 - so I have to choose 1) and see if I would buy them without auditioning (unless there's another aurisonics event).

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #34 of 6,413
Well I'm glad everyone's enjoying what I've done and as long as we keep the mindless bashing to a minimum, I'm sure we'll have a real nice thread going. But if there's a post I'm missing in my index, either gimme a pm or post it here and I'll make sure it's on.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #35 of 6,413
gargh. waiting for my refit as-1b. it's been over a month close to 1.5 months since i last heard them. even tho i came from atrios and ie8. i really do miss the sound of my as-1b. :frowning2: hope it reaches me soon. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #36 of 6,413

Quote:
gargh. waiting for my refit as-1b. it's been over a month close to 1.5 months since i last heard them. even tho i came from atrios and ie8. i really do miss the sound of my as-1b. :frowning2: hope it reaches me soon. 

Oh wow, patience is big though.  Have you tried contacting Dale to see where they are?  It may help to know what they are doing, etc.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #37 of 6,413

Quote:

kinda making me worry about how long I will have to wait until I get mine

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #38 of 6,413
Aurisonics have shipped my ASG-1.2s last 18 April. I'm very excited!

Anyways, how well does the ASG-1 do piano music?

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #39 of 6,413

Quote:
Aurisonics have shipped my ASG-1.2s last 18 April. I'm very excited!

Anyways, how well does the ASG-1 do piano music?

Nice looking onward to impressions! You should be excited!

I think you should wait and make your own mind up! Then you won't be disappointed etc

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #40 of 6,413

Quote:

Nice looking onward to impressions! You should be excited!

I think you should wait and make your own mind up! Then you won't be disappointed etc

Well, I just want a general idea of it, though.
I'm pretty disappointed about my IE 80s (which supposedly does classical music very well) after listening to the Ultrasone Pro 900. The warm, dark mids and thick bass, while good for vocals, don't really do piano very well. I liked the fast, powerful bass and the leaner mids of the Pro 900 for piano.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #41 of 6,413
Well soundstage is a s big as ie8s (have not heard ie80) but nearer! The bass there is not as muh but it's quick and does well! The mids are like nothing else. Peaked (1.1) quite a bit. Not to thin.... Give us a song and I'll have a listen in a minute!

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #42 of 6,413
Does the ASG-1 bass have more impact than the IE8? Or less overall (rumble, weight, impact)?

Hmm, how about Philip Glass' Metamorphosis I.. and Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You. Pretty interested on how the ASG-1s sound on that.

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #43 of 6,413

Quote:
Does the ASG-1 bass have more impact than the IE8? Or less overall (rumble, weight, impact)?

Hmm, how about Philip Glass' Metamorphosis I.. and Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You. Pretty interested on how the ASG-1s sound on that.

I'll get back to you when I get my IE8's back from my friend

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #44 of 6,413

Quote:

As for bass the IE8 wins in most areas other the quality, impact is very good as well. Aurisonics everything else. The impact of the bass drums in the intro is just unbelievable and right as the song starts. Robert Plants vocals just seem to be shouty but well presented over the instruments and imagery is great. It can get a bit shouty on vocals though when Robert Really goes for it. Guitar solos wow, jimmy knows what he's doing and these present that beautifully! The drums on the IE8s seem to drown guitar out. Instrument win ASG-1, Bass felt more right with ASG-1 but i rarely say it but vocals were better IE8...

IE8s couldn't keep up as well and got jumbled.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #45 of 6,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The impact of the bass drums in the intro is just unbelievable and right as the song starts. Robert Plants vocals just seem to be shouty but well presented over the instruments and imagery is great. It can get a bit shouty on vocals though when Robert Really goes for it. Guitar solos wow, jimmy knows what he's doing and these present that beautifully! The drums on the IE8s seem to drown guitar out. Instrument win ASG-1, Bass felt more right with ASG-1 but i rarely say it but vocals were better IE8...

Install some filters on ASG-1 and vocals will be way better than IE8 as well.
biggrin.gif

Bass of IE8 may be big, but it's not tight enough, it's borderline boomy and invades the mids too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back