Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #61 of 6,413
Looking forward to ASG-1.2 reviews. I almost sent mine in for the upgrade but I want to hear how treble is affected first. Still really enjoying these with EQ. Brain burn-in has me satisfied with a less drastic treble lift than I was initially using, but most people would still consider it pretty steep. These iems could really explode in popularity if their mountain shaped frequency response could be turned upside down, and I mean that in the most encouraging way possible.
biggrin.gif
There is just so much potential here.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #63 of 6,413
A few things...
1. We don't know what's gonna be in the AS-2's.
2. We are not sure they are even on time with the estimate Dale gave, as it was a month or two ago and things can quickly change.
3. I don't think their is a 1.2 revision of the AS-1b's, though you should contact Dale about if any modifications to the AS-1b's have occurred since your purchase.
4. I'd suggest waiting, if/when they announce the AS-2's they are gonna get flooded with orders for the ASG-2's and AS-2's so they are gonna be printing out lots of IEMs, this would be the perfect time to send yours in, as they are probably expecting to have the printer backed up, so focus will be put on the other parts of the process they can expedite.

number 4 is only a guess. With a small company with lots of hype it may never be known when the best time to send in your IEM's for an upgrade would be. Thankfully, the CAD work and printing part for your pair is already done, which is the lengthy part of the whole process.
Quote:
I've been away from the forums so I'm kind of out of the loop, but has there been any further word on the AS-2 Dual Driver? I seem to recall that Dale originally mentioned a possible release date of May or June. I'm tempted to send my AS-1b in for the 1.2 revision but if the dual driver version will be out in the next couple of months, I figure I might wait for it and upgrade once instead of twice.

EDIT: I hope my little list is helpful, sorry if I come off strong, just trying to help get facts straight. (Or lack their of, of facts)

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #64 of 6,413

Quote:

When was the last time you asked?

On the 17th. I swear mental burn  in essential, now that I've gotten used to the sound, the ASG-1's sound a lot less like a radio and the mid bump is not as bothersome. This is why I refer to mental burn in as brainwashing sometimes :D

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #65 of 6,413

Quote:
A few things...
1. We don't know what's gonna be in the AS-2's.
2. We are not sure they are even on time with the estimate Dale gave, as it was a month or two ago and things can quickly change.
3. I don't think their is a 1.2 revision of the AS-1b's, though you should contact Dale about if any modifications to the AS-1b's have occurred since your purchase.
4. I'd suggest waiting, if/when they announce the AS-2's they are gonna get flooded with orders for the ASG-2's and AS-2's so they are gonna be printing out lots of IEMs, this would be the perfect time to send yours in, as they are probably expecting to have the printer backed up, so focus will be put on the other parts of the process they can expedite.

number 4 is only a guess. With a small company with lots of hype it may never be known when the best time to send in your IEM's for an upgrade would be. Thankfully, the CAD work and printing part for your pair is already done, which is the lengthy part of the whole process.

EDIT: I hope my little list is helpful, sorry if I come off strong, just trying to help get facts straight. (Or lack their of, of facts)

AS-1b is going to have similar revisions as the ASG1.2 so no worries there

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #66 of 6,413
I just wasn't sure, though with mine not being shipped yet, I'm sure I'll have whatever is the latest revision when I get them. Good to know
Quote:

AS-1b is going to have similar revisions as the ASG1.2 so no worries there

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #67 of 6,413

Quote:
I just wasn't sure, though with mine not being shipped yet, I'm sure I'll have whatever is the latest revision when I get them. Good to know

I'm fairly sure they will. Dale said they were applying similar updates to the AS-1b so no need to worry

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #68 of 6,413
I'm not worrying, i'm just beginning to wish I didn't have to wait any longer. Hopefully will be getting them next week.
Quote:
I'm fairly sure they will. Dale said they were applying similar updates to the AS-1b so no need to worry

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #69 of 6,413

Quote:

I'm certain they will.  All customs being shipped out at this point in time will reflect the updates as well.
Don't know which batch you're in, but one batch was just completed and one more should be ready next week.  

Most of the machines that make the shells are back online, so that will bring production back to speed :)

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #72 of 6,413
Hmm. To V1.2 or not...

Ironically enough whenever I listen to these, I've gotten use to just stock sound, no EQ and even stock tips are working best for me.  Love the unique presentation, upfront vocals/mids, layering, textures et al of the phone.

Definitely anxious to hear some impressions of v1.2; beefed up bass/mid-bass and decrease of "shoutiness" sounds like great revisions.  Hopefully the spatial sound/presentation and treble aren't too affected (if anything treble could have been tweaked up more).

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #73 of 6,413
That's how I have them! Not EQ and stock tips and that's working for me. How much are you enjoying them as if there not getting a lot if use you might ands well upgrade. I think your best bet is to wait for impression :)

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #75 of 6,413

Quote:

that is bad. :frowning2: Dale saw my post and sent me an email about it as well. 

the good thing is, my as-1b comes with the filters!!! can't wait for my as-1b to reach me!

Haha can't wait to hear your impressions.

By the way I just checked my old ASG-1 tracker and it still says "dispatched to sort facility"

For anyone who's interested I'm finishing up my ASG-1.1 review so it should be up in about a day or two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back