Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Sep 21, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #6,256 of 6,413
Huge jump in pricing with fenders...

That's true. I'll pass for now with Fenders. I bought FXA7 and sold them after a week. They wear nothing like Aurisonics... Especially when we talk about bass. At 60% vol. and "medium settings" played from my Cowon P1, FXA7 couldn't produce clear bass.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #6,257 of 6,413
That's true. I'll pass for now with Fenders. I bought FXA7 and sold them after a week. They wear nothing like Aurisonics... Especially when we talk about bass. At 60% vol. and "medium settings" played from my Cowon P1, FXA7 couldn't produce clear bass.

Pick some interesting ones from the basshead chart list on the bass head thread .

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #6,259 of 6,413
Did you use Cowons EQ to get the bass ?

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #6,260 of 6,413
I was playing for hours with EQ. I was doing combinations as well with my Fiio E12. FXA7 I think it's closer to Aurisonic Harmony than any ASG.

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #6,261 of 6,413
Oct 3, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #6,262 of 6,413
Honestly that price and sonic performance kinda disappointing...for me it's not justified enough for that ask price with its performance.

Very true. At that price point of 6800 to 6900 HKD, I can simply pay less than 100 more for a pair of UE 6 Pro, which is CM and not a universal. I just wouldn't choose Fender under this price difference.

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #6,263 of 6,413
I've been trying to get this fixed since March.

Fender at first stated they no longer do work on Aurisonics if not first owner. Then I tried emailing people within fender and group email but nothing. As much as I like the ASG 2.5 I'm willing to take the loss and move on.
Have you found anything thats the next best thing to the 2.5's? I am facing a similar issue the left side is rattling and contacting Fender multiple times yielded no results.
Am at a lost to look for something that could give me that similar presentation as teh 2.5's (I mainly listen to soft rock/hip hop)

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #6,264 of 6,413
Well, funnily enough I am a first owner of ASG-1plus, few months old. Still waiting for an update after I sent it back for RMA repairs, still no news. Very worrying.

Two months seem to be an abnormally long time to repair a driver. Wonder what's happening.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #6,265 of 6,413
Have you found anything thats the next best thing to the 2.5's? I am facing a similar issue the left side is rattling and contacting Fender multiple times yielded no results.
Am at a lost to look for something that could give me that similar presentation as teh 2.5's (I mainly listen to soft rock/hip hop)
Cascade headphone

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #6,266 of 6,413
Well, funnily enough I am a first owner of ASG-1plus, few months old. Still waiting for an update after I sent it back for RMA repairs, still no news. Very worrying.

Two months seem to be an abnormally long time to repair a driver. Wonder what's happening.

I also sent my IEM to Fender to be repaired and the wait was too much, around 3 months. Too long to repair a driver, but they did it and shipped to me at no cost.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #6,267 of 6,413
I the FXA6 in January and had some mixed impressions, then I set them aside while using other IEMs over the past year.

I recently got them out to try again, and not only is the bass bloated, but on bass heavy songs other high frequency sounds seemingly disappear, like the drivers can't play all frequencies simultaneously. I can see how they weren't a big hit.

I remember reading good things about Aurisonics back in the day, so I can only assume they were tuned differently.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #6,268 of 6,413
I the FXA6 in January and had some mixed impressions, then I set them aside while using other IEMs over the past year.

I recently got them out to try again, and not only is the bass bloated, but on bass heavy songs other high frequency sounds seemingly disappear, like the drivers can't play all frequencies simultaneously. I can see how they weren't a big hit.

I remember reading good things about Aurisonics back in the day, so I can only assume they were tuned differently.
Whats your source ? Dap, amp, dac ?

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #6,269 of 6,413
Picked up a pair of FXA7's today. So far very impressed, although not run in the sound signature is to my licking. However I don't like the rubber type tips provided. I'm currently using Symbio W tips with the inner orange ring removed. As these IEM's have smaller nozzles, I cut off a small ring from the yellow Spinfit 100, placed that on the nozzle and placed the Symbio over that. The tips are now tight on the FXA7.

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #6,270 of 6,413
New to the Fender scene. Just picked up a pair FXA2 on sale at Long and Mcquade in Canada for $139Cad and very impressed with the sound and overall build quality. My only concern is the longevity of the MMCX connectors. Not because of anything Fender has done but just my general experience with every MMCX IEM I have owned.

I really like the signature of the FXA2. It's not a balanced signature but it has pretty good detail retrieval for a bass oriented IEM and I appreciate its slightly forward midrange along with relaxed but complete treble. Not gonna win any treble lovers over but is great for anyone who suffers from treble fatigue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back