Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 15, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #6,272 of 6,413
The Ten and Thirteen series both look interesting. I can't afford them but they do look interesting :).

One thing I noticed is they have switched to a proprietary connector which means they recognized the failure rate of MMCX connectors. So good for them to refuse to accept a flawed connector design just because it has become "industry standard". Unfortunately it does mean that unless they design a smartphone cable these IEM's will have a reduced functionality control wise.

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #6,273 of 6,413
The Ten and Thirteen series both look interesting. I can't afford them but they do look interesting :).

One thing I noticed is they have switched to a proprietary connector which means they recognized the failure rate of MMCX connectors. So good for them to refuse to accept a flawed connector design just because it has become "industry standard". Unfortunately it does mean that unless they design a smartphone cable these IEM's will have a reduced functionality control wise.

They could have made life much simpler by switching back to the good old 2 pin system that worked fine for ages.

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #6,275 of 6,413
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #6,276 of 6,413

As far as I'm concerned they adopted standard 2 pin connector, at least in Thirteen 6. Not sure about the other models though.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #6,277 of 6,413
I assumed the patented Talon connector was something new.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #6,278 of 6,413
They could have made life much simpler by switching back to the good old 2 pin system that worked fine for ages.

That seems what they did. Cables are listed as 2 pin and they look like it to me...
Fender_03-694x390.jpg

All they seem to have done was put a little notch which can be removed fairly easily with a sharp blade if needed.

That shouldn't be a deal breaking deterrent. Whether the price is justified is more what makes you think twice. Quite the jump from the Nine 1 to the Ten 3.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #6,279 of 6,413
If I win the lottery I will try the 13 and let everyone know how great they sound LOL :ksc75smile:. Them along with that new bling (IER-Z1R) from Sony.

Till then Ignorance is bliss :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #6,280 of 6,413
Anyone own or has tried any IEM of the new Fender Ten series? Very curious....

The entire new series from Fender has adopted the CM (2 pin) connector, excluding the ones that only comes with undetachable cable.

The new series comes with a very different sound signature than the FXA sries IMO, and much sharper than the FXA series. After run in, the TEN3 shows much more clarity than the FXA7 offers and is an overall improvement over the FXA7. The TEN3 performed much better than the FXA7 in highs, and the general tuning is more of an "all-rounder" than being "all about the bass" which in return, made the bass kinda felt a bit weak (?).

But at that price tag of 6800HKD, there was just no way I would choose that given the UE 6 Pro - a CIEM is just ~200HKD more, which is what I ultimately went with. TEN3 was recently attainable at the price tag of 5700HKD due to promotion, but still, at nearly double the price of the FXA7 I just can't find a reason to justify choosing the TEN3 when comparing with options at a similar price.

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #6,281 of 6,413
Anyone own or has tried any IEM of the new Fender Ten series? Very curious....
By the by I actually wrote a rough impression of the TEN5 and THIRTEEN6 on page 414, and I can find some time this week to write an impression of the entire lineup based on my memory from the Hong Kong Audio Visual Show back in August if you want to know more.

Nov 18, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #6,283 of 6,413
More impressions are always good :)

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #6,284 of 6,413
Thanks for the feedback. I suppose each one has a different signature. From what I have read Thirteen 6 is a bass monster, warm but detailed. Which one do you find the most balanced?
From the new lineup, I actually prefer the TEN5 over the THIRTEEN6. As I mentioned in my initial impression, THIRTEEN6 was for sure detailed, but the sound of it was a bit too sharp to my taste. TEN5 was more balanced in comparison but still the sound signature was still not as warm as the FXA11 was.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #6,285 of 6,413
Crinacle's impressions of the thirteen six:

Initial impressions: I buried my face in my hands for a good 5 minutes while listening to this. Even ignoring the blatantly horrendous channel matching, this thing sounds more like a cheap chifi dynamic driver IEM than a flagship hybrid from a Western company. Zero upward extension, transients are slow and laggy and worst of all, nothing sounds *right* on these. Fender guitars better sound proper on these else they're literally good for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back