Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #6,241 of 6,413
It’s actually “Nine-1” but hey, you’re correct lol Gonna give the entire lineup a try this Friday and post something here though. :)

I did posses bother the Harmony and FXA7 at one point, but FXA7 never felt sharp and spiky on the highs to me. I think like many other I’m complaining the high and miss are still to recessed in a way that, it’s just a tiny bit from perfect lol

Anyways good luck with the repair!

Actually Nine 1 would be the FXA6 hybrid redone. The Nine would be the FXA2 redone both being the 9.25mm single driver. :) SoundTown said the FXA2 and not the stuff above it.

I am getting the Nine 1 :) I already own the Nine, well the sports version of it, the Puresonic Premium.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #6,242 of 6,413
I've been a huge fan of Aurisonics since I purchased the ASG1+ (2 pin connector yay!). I then bought the Harmony and was blown away, so far it's been my favorite IEM...it just ticks all the boxes for me (instrument separation, soundstage, bass extension that isn't overpowering, treble extension). Except for that damn MMCX connector! One side would intermittently go out. I was told by Aurisonics that the cable can wear out, so I replaced the cable a couple times (received a free one from Aurisonics a while back but bought the other one). I then figured out the cable isn't the issue, it's the connector on the IEM expanding open and losing connection. I really hate this connector!

Side note: you can use a microscope and tweezers to "close" the IEM side MMCX connector a bit, but be careful! It's tiny and could break easily. This only works for a while then it has to be done again and again.

Side note 2: use Spinfit tips, they're so much better than the stock tips.

So I bought the FXA7 to see if it was actually a Fender version of the Harmony that I could use as a backup in case the Harmony's connectors wore out completely. Turns out it is tuned differently. I read a review that said it might be but wanted to check for myself and Amazon had a sale so I bit. The treble seems lower in level, and the bass is a bit overpowering (for me). The treble is definitely not aggressive IMO. I kept them because the price was right. But they are not a Harmony replacement.

I'm going to look into changing the MMCX connector in the Harmonys for 2 pin connectors. Alternately, can someone recommend an IEM that sounds like the Harmony?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #6,243 of 6,413
Actually Nine 1 would be the FXA6 hybrid redone. The Nine would be the FXA2 redone both being the 9.25mm single driver. :) SoundTown said the FXA2 and not the stuff above it.

I am getting the Nine 1 :) I already own the Nine, well the sports version of it, the Puresonic Premium.

Oh I thought you were talking about the Nine 1 instead of the PureSonic lineup lol

Haven't got a chance to try the new lineup and hopefully will get the chance to do so tomorrow at the High End Audio and Visual Show.

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #6,245 of 6,413
being 799 USD really interested to see how ten 3 stacks up with ASG 2.5

I've never heard the ASG 2.5 myself, but compared with ASG 2.0, TEN3 is really different from it. To me, I personally think that the TEN3's mids and highs are much clearer than the 2.0, but the highs in particular are too sharp to my taste.

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #6,247 of 6,413
No one compared yet FXA11 with famous ASG 2.5 or even more bassy ASG 2? Can we call new FXA11 new ASG-3? Looking at the drivers, FXA11 have same size drive like ASG 2.5 (14.2mm) (source). I don't thin will be as good as 15mm drive from ASG 2.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,248 of 6,413
x

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #6,249 of 6,413
I love my ex1000, don’t use my xb90ex much at all, probably will sell those. Probably will sell my z5’s as well.

I was always wondering how Sony EX1000 and CX90ex and Z5 bass scale would look like? Can you compare them to ASG 2/2.5 as well? Just Basse scale from 1-10.

I love electronic music (in general) but with high-quality sound from the good source. I'm a bass head as well and it's hard to find good earphones with good sub-bass.

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #6,250 of 6,413
I was always wondering how Sony EX1000 and CX90ex and Z5 bass scale would look like? Can you compare them to ASG 2/2.5 as well? Just Basse scale from 1-10.

I love electronic music (in general) but with high-quality sound from the good source. I'm a bass head as well and it's hard to find good earphones with good sub-bass.

I’ve never heard asg 2.5. The Z5’s have really good bass, the XB90EX have even more bass. The EX1000 has the best bass texture of all but doesn’t have a huge amount unless you eq and bass boost it. It can handle tremendous amounts though.

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #6,251 of 6,413
No one compared yet FXA11 with famous ASG 2.5 or even more bassy ASG 2? Can we call new FXA11 new ASG-3? Looking at the drivers, FXA11 have same size drive like ASG 2.5 (14.2mm) (source). I don't thin will be as good as 15mm drive from ASG 2.

I would call the FXA11 the almost perfect version of the FXA7, similar but also totally different from the ASG 2.0. While ASG 2.0 have a rather limited performance in the highs in particular, FXA11 is a significant improvement from it cuz obviously, the full amateur drivers are much more powerful than the tweeters in ASG 2.0. So basically, the FXA11 is sort of the perfect version of ASG 2.0 with a more balanced performance in all fronts while maintaining the bass that Aurisonics is known of.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #6,254 of 6,413
I think the pricing is kinda justified given the performance jump, but I think "huge" is an understatement to the pricing lol

Honestly that price and sonic performance kinda disappointing...for me it's not justified enough for that ask price with its performance.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #6,255 of 6,413
I’ve never heard asg 2.5. The Z5’s have really good bass, the XB90EX have even more bass. The EX1000 has the best bass texture of all but doesn’t have a huge amount unless you eq and bass boost it. It can handle tremendous amounts though.

I would love to try a famous Sony EX1000 or even XB90. But they are not that popular in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back