Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #6,106 of 6,413
Does the 7 fix the 2.5 upper mids or overall midrange balance at all? Even w/ EQ never managed to cope with what I felt was missing energy there.
Yup, it most certainly does fix most of the problem, though mids and highs still got a bit room for improvement. On the other hand the 11 fixes the whole problem entirely lol (well there's four drivers in there, makes sense lol) You won't go wrong with the FXA7 as a whole. :)

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #6,107 of 6,413
I really hope both of you are right.

Here is the exact quote from Andy's email "The FXA11 is not currently planned for a US release – and to date it has only been shipped to HK making it somewhat exclusive to the region"

If many of us put enough pressure on Fender, I hope they change their minds and sell it in the US.

It seems the next region ready for release is, yes as I've said, Japan. Heard that stock shall be ready this week or the next.

So don't worry there WILL be releases elsewhere..........it's just that their tiny handcrafting facility in Nashville can't really accomodate orders from all over the world at the moment. Be paitent, or ask someone from HK or Japan to help ship you some.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #6,109 of 6,413
:ksc75smile: can't wait for them to be released in the US!!!

For a little more teaser, the bass hasn't reduced at all after around 100 hours burn-in, but has tightened considerably, and it may be the closest rendering of the bass drum and snares as you can get from an iem. It may not be the first iem this bassy, but it may be the first to be able to be ridiculously bassy AND (very but not ridiculously) detailed in the mids and highs AND even being marginally bright sometimes, all at the same time.

For a very broadbrush description of my situation with the U18 and the FXA11 as daily rotation, the U18 is like what you would hear from the mixing and mastering engineering's perspective, sitting next doors to the recording studio and listening to a perfectly weighted mix. The FXA11 is like, well, you are in the middle of the bandroom with all the amps and monitors and drums and hats firing at you. You pick up the FXA11s not for the details (though they are there if you care) or anything remotely closed to a balanced presentation, but for the ecstasy and a momentarily rush of blood to your head. I have ER4 trained ears, and the FXA11 gives me another kind of audio bliss that I have not learnt to enjoy until now.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,111 of 6,413
Now that's just CRUEL! to tease people from countries where we can't buy it! :)

Haha sorry mate but all I can say is........too bad lolllllll

But still you gotta try it for yourself. While I stand by my comments, such tuning may be a virtue to some while a deal-breaker for others. The deep bass and its interaction with the whole frequency spectrum is like no other iem I've heard before. Definitely not for people looking for anything with or close to a neutral or balanced tuning.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #6,112 of 6,413
Haha sorry mate but all I can say is........too bad lolllllll

But still you gotta try it for yourself. While I stand by my comments, such tuning may be a virtue to some while a deal-breaker for others. The deep bass and its interaction with the whole frequency spectrum is like no other iem I've heard before. Definitely not for people looking for anything with or close to a neutral or balanced tuning.

I would have described the Denon AH-C821, which I have since a few week and enjoy greatly, more or less the same way.

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #6,115 of 6,413
I auditioned all of the models. The fxa2 is a really good performer, but lacks the refinement of all the other models, but still really good. The fxa6 is probably the best all-rounder, almost identical to the fxa7, minus that last little bit of detail and clarity in the highs. The fxa7 could be very sibilant at times. The fxa5 was very similar to the fxa6 minus the bass. The fxa5 was the most balanced sounding of all the models. But I think the reason you buy a fender iem is for the bass.

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #6,116 of 6,413
I auditioned all of the models. The fxa2 is a really good performer, but lacks the refinement of all the other models, but still really good. The fxa6 is probably the best all-rounder, almost identical to the fxa7, minus that last little bit of detail and clarity in the highs. The fxa7 could be very sibilant at times. The fxa5 was very similar to the fxa6 minus the bass. The fxa5 was the most balanced sounding of all the models. But I think the reason you buy a fender iem is for the bass.

thanks appreciate the insight. seems like fxa5 maybe has the best value?

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #6,117 of 6,413
I could buy as the FXA11 is on taobao but I wish I could try first.

I also strongly recommend to try first. While I have grown to dislike and given my final unfavourable verdict on the FXA7 (including SE) and FXA9, I must also admit these two are of much more conventional tuning than the FXA11, which has a strong character of its own.

Also need a tiny bit of patience - but thankfully not too much. Mine is just past the 120 hours mark - I have just casually listen to it beyond the 100 hours mark without intentional burn in, and the dynamic driver had grown and ripen such that the mid bass is vastly tamed while the low and sub bass remains strong as ever. The vocals are reminding me of the glorious midrange of the AS era with the AS yummy DD driven mids (I'm not sure whether the FXA11's DD is also responsible for mids or even full range though, there is still zero info about the FXA11 on Fender's website or elsewhere). Never thought I would enjoy this sort of bassy signature, but that's happening.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #6,118 of 6,413
thanks appreciate the insight. seems like fxa5 maybe has the best value?

I would think the fxa6 would be the best value in the Fender line. Depends on how important bass is to you. For headphones / IEMs the best value would be to buy a TOTL as soon as you could afford one and skip buying all the "affordable" ones along the way. Lol!

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #6,119 of 6,413
I would think the fxa6 would be the best value in the Fender line. Depends on how important bass is to you. For headphones / IEMs the best value would be to buy a TOTL as soon as you could afford one and skip buying all the "affordable" ones along the way. Lol!

I think the FXA6 is probably the best value, but I disagree with your other statement. A consumer that buys the TOTL IEM and never ventures outside of that realm doesn't know what he has IMHO. It would be like someone that has never eaten steak skipping all of the other cuts and going straight to the filet mignon and never eating anything else. He would never know what he's missing or really what he has only that it tastes good. There's value in learning and tasting different cuts of meat just like there is value in trying different IEM's. I've owned some really good ones that cost a lot, that just weren't for me. Just like I don't care for filet mignon or a prime rib very much. I'd much rather a nice porterhouse, ribeye or a new york strip steak:ksc75smile:

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #6,120 of 6,413
I think the FXA6 is probably the best value, but I disagree with your other statement. A consumer that buys the TOTL IEM and never ventures outside of that realm doesn't know what he has IMHO. It would be like someone that has never eaten steak skipping all of the other cuts and going straight to the filet mignon and never eating anything else. He would never know what he's missing or really what he has only that it tastes good. There's value in learning and tasting different cuts of meat just like there is value in trying different IEM's. I've owned some really good ones that cost a lot, that just weren't for me. Just like I don't care for filet mignon or a prime rib very much. I'd much rather a nice porterhouse, ribeye or a new york strip steak:ksc75smile:

I agree, there's value in the journey. But if you can cut some corners along the way, ie: audition before you buy, you will save yourself $100's if not $1000's of dollars. I'm not sure there's any value to my drawer full of iem's and headphones, sitting unused.

I do love me a good ribeye...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back