Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #6,091 of 6,413
I have lived with the FXA11 for a few days now. O man it is meant to complement my main rig with my U18 and holy crap they must belong to different universes.....

The DD is a subwoofer on steroids.......mids and highs, vocals etc are nicely done and sounds much fuller than the Dorado but at any time of the listening your attention would invariably be drawn to the mamooth bass. Distracting? Quite. Bass well done? Wooly for the first 10-20 hours but then it tightens up quite a bit and shows good bass texture - still ooooooo that fat bass. Rumble? In such abundance no one can possibly ask for more otherwise your ears would bleed. A basshead's flagship (finally) perhaps?

Great for morning commute to wake you up. Bad for after work chill.....would probably get a headache and can't sleep.

FXA9 or FXA11? 11 any day. The FXA9 is still very much in the "what's the point" bracket. At the very least, the 11 got character you could admire, no matter you like that or not. The 9? It's a nobody except the glittery good looks.

Now see if the DD would evolve further. Still VERY interested and waiting for Dale & Co to explain the inner goodness, what's so special with the DD used and the driver/crossover orientations etc.

Thank you for the write-up :) How does it compare to Vega and the old 2.5s? And does it play nicely with the wm1z on balanced?

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #6,092 of 6,413
Thank you for the write-up :) How does it compare to Vega and the old 2.5s? And does it play nicely with the wm1z on balanced?

At present the Vega sounds a bit more coherent to me, while the mids and highs of the 11 is more refined. While both performs better with more power, the Vega sounds good out of anything decent while the 11 may sound flabby if your source lacks power (e.g. phone) My advice: don't attempt the 11 with any mobile phones. The bass overwhelms to a ridiculous level as the huge DD loses control and goes wild.

The 11 sounds decent out of the balanced out of my Onkyo Rubato (way too bassy to my taste normally but somehow found it quite enjoyable in a very different way (and more so as the days gone by)) but sounds almost phenomenal with the WM1Z 4.4 balanced out. With the extra power the change in bass quality is vastly noticeable even to untrained ears. The vocals and high extension is pretty natural and organic, and the bass is much better controlled while still meaty like a big mac.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #6,093 of 6,413
So are fender fxa2 the same as aurisonics asg 2.5? I am after some basshead iems...

Nov 1, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #6,094 of 6,413
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #6,095 of 6,413
So are fender fxa2 the same as aurisonics asg 2.5? I am after some basshead iems...

I'm wondering why you think they are the same.............the specs and design can't be more different. The closest match to the ASG2.5 in the Fender lineup should be fxa7 I'd say.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #6,096 of 6,413
Ha, I'm sure I read it somewhere but I'm obviously wrong so I will go back to search for an appropriate iem

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #6,097 of 6,413
Ha, I'm sure I read it somewhere but I'm obviously wrong so I will go back to search for an appropriate iem

If you really want a similar signature, the FXA6 will be much closer than the FXA2 thanks to the tweeter inside. But I'll be honest, it'll still sound pretty different from the 2.5.

Ever tried the FXA7 though? It's worth a try if you haven't.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #6,098 of 6,413
After asking for preorder information in the US for the FXA11, I was soooo disappointed to hear from Andy Rowley that the FXA11 are only for the Hong Kong market and there are no plans to release them in the US.:triportsad:
Perhaps a kind friend that lives in Hong Kong can hook me up with a pair and ship it to the US?
so disappointing!!! I really hope they change their minds!

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #6,099 of 6,413
After asking for preorder information in the US for the FXA11, I was soooo disappointed to hear from Andy Rowley that the FXA11 are only for the Hong Kong market and there are no plans to release them in the US.:triportsad:
Perhaps a kind friend that lives in Hong Kong can hook me up with a pair and ship it to the US?

Whoa that's some news..............but doesn't make much sense really. Is that only about the pre-release stage (i.e. now)? The Hong Kong market (sometimes the Japan market as well) got a habit of soaking up the 1st batch of every new release within day(s), that's why brands always like to tease the market with their pre-release in Hong Kong or Japan rather than elsewhere. The first batch of FXA9s were gone even before many head-fiers knowing of its existence. AFAIK the production of the 11s is really slow and of very low volume now, for whatever reasons. I guess when production stablizes they'd release them in the US. Still would very much appreciate it if someone from AS/Fender makes some sort of official announcement here.

TBH I don't think the FXA11 suits the Asian market too well. Its vastly bassy signature isn't the perfect match with the more melody and lyrics oriented Asian pop music. The US rock, hiphop or EDM crowd may find it more pleasing.

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #6,100 of 6,413

Wait, what??? How would their flagship be only for the Hong Kong market???
Anyways, give it some time, they will eventually start distributing it globally.

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #6,101 of 6,413
TBH I don't think the FXA11 suits the Asian market too well. Its vastly bassy signature isn't the perfect match with the more melody and lyrics oriented Asian pop music. The US rock, hiphop or EDM crowd may find it more pleasing

Anyways, give it some time, they will eventually start distributing it globally.

I really hope both of you are right.

Here is the exact quote from Andy's email "The FXA11 is not currently planned for a US release – and to date it has only been shipped to HK making it somewhat exclusive to the region"

If many of us put enough pressure on Fender, I hope they change their minds and sell it in the US.

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #6,102 of 6,413
I really hope both of you are right.

Here is the exact quote from Andy's email "The FXA11 is not currently planned for a US release – and to date it has only been shipped to HK making it somewhat exclusive to the region"

If many of us put enough pressure on Fender, I hope they change their minds and sell it in the US.

Well to be fair the quote from Andy sounds only temporary and not of a firm stance towards the future, thus "to date" and "somewhat exclusive" does make it sound like the release will be further expanded in the future. But pretty sure time will be needed to do that lol

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #6,103 of 6,413
Ive been using headphones lately but I did demo this iem. I would say its an improvement over the 25 and the 7. Better mids, treble, sound stage. Bass hits as hard if the 2.5 was set like half open but the bass on these are cleaner, clear and refined.

Nov 4, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,104 of 6,413
Ive been using headphones lately but I did demo this iem. I would say its an improvement over the 25 and the 7. Better mids, treble, sound stage. Bass hits as hard if the 2.5 was set like half open but the bass on these are cleaner, clear and refined.

Does the 7 fix the 2.5 upper mids or overall midrange balance at all? Even w/ EQ never managed to cope with what I felt was missing energy there.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #6,105 of 6,413
Does the 7 fix the 2.5 upper mids or overall midrange balance at all? Even w/ EQ never managed to cope with what I felt was missing energy there.
The 7 has a lot of treble. Still has great bass. 2.5 has great bass but it needs a good cable and a great dac to make it shine. To me the new flagship is a blend of both and brings something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back