Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 19, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #5,701 of 6,413
Forgot to update. I also ended up pulling the trigger on the Adorama sale and bought a pair of fxa6.

I sold my 2.5 a couple of months ago but I miss the vocals on them.

I had never looked at the rest of the aurisonics and fender line up till a day ago. I was looking for a more reasonably priced iem since I don't use them much at all.

I came across a 1plus for sale so I started doing some reading. After a whole bunch of reading the last day and a half I decided these sound like they would really fit my needs.

Unfortunately I still don't have a clear answer of how close the 1plus and the fxa6 are, but being that the fenders are on sale, brand new and have warranty, I went for those.

Looks like I won't be getting them for at least another week so we'll see how that goes.

If anyone has any experience with both the asg 1plus and the fender fxa6, please do chime in, I'd like to know if they sound about the same or not.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #5,703 of 6,413
Unfortunately I still don't have a clear answer of how close the 1plus and the fxa6 are, but being that the fenders are on sale, brand new and have warranty, I went for those.

From what I understand, they're like night and day. FXA6 is a rebranded Aurisonics Forte, and 1plus is the mid centric in the the line.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #5,704 of 6,413
So I jumped the gun with Adorama FXA5 pro sale for $199. Based on reviews, I was expecting slam and kicking bass but that's not the case. Bass is there but no in the quantity that I expected. My velodyne vpulse and maybe even my IM50 have more bass then this. I will give it a week or two if sound does not change, I am returning this puppy.
Is FXA2 have more bass compared to FXA5?

Forgot to update. I also ended up pulling the trigger on the Adorama sale and bought a pair of fxa6.

Is the Adorama sale still on, or has it been and gone?

Also, anyone heard the baby brother in the lineup (the DXA1)? If so, how's the tuning?

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #5,705 of 6,413
  So I jumped the gun with Adorama FXA5 pro sale for $199. Based on reviews, I was expecting slam and kicking bass but that's not the case. Bass is there but no in the quantity that I expected. My velodyne vpulse and maybe even my IM50 have more bass then this. I will give it a week or two if sound does not change, I am returning this puppy.

FXA2 has a lot of bass, deep and powerful, maybe the bass head in ear of the line

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #5,708 of 6,413

Is the Adorama sale still on, or has it been and gone?

Also, anyone heard the baby brother in the lineup (the DXA1)? If so, how's the tuning?
I'm not sure. Go to Slickdeals and search for fxa6. It should come up on the search results.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,709 of 6,413
A couple of things:

1) I owned the FXA2 for a couple weeks and currently own the FXA7. If you're looking for bass, the FXA2 don't disappoint as it has the most bass IMO out of all the FXA models.

2) there's a previous post (page 375) where someone was experiencing similar disappointments with the FXA5. He claimed that all of his problems were solved when he switched to using HAVI foam tips. I personally tried HAVI foam tips as well on my FXA7's and will use nothing else. They do make a difference. Much warmer and enjoyable sound than stock tips.

3) EQ is your friend. =) try to add more sub bass in EQ. That's what I do even for my FXA7 and it makes a HUGE difference.

Also, if you want bass boost from just changing the tips, get the JVC spiral dot tips. Really good stuff. Also boosts treble a bit. I rotate between that and the HAVI tips depending what I'm in the mood for.

Thanks for you for the replies guys,
Just ordered FXA2 from amazon, see if this puppy hit harder. Fit is amazing (at least for me), I think it's one of the best silicon tip I have ever used, tried foam tips I have available and it sounds even less detail and less bass. I am  assuming tips were not the issue here as I get very good sealed with silicon tips.
I am staying away from EQ if possible. I am using iphone 6 and prefers using iphone music apps instead, but have onkyo HF player installed in case needed :)

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #5,710 of 6,413
I've sent my Rockets in for repair about 2 months ago, emailed Andy about a month ago now and still haven't heard back from him. A little disappointing :frowning2: I could use some IEMs right about now haha

I sent in my Harmony on the 14th July from the UK. They finally got delivered on the 5th August (3 weeks ago). Have tried to chase up since then but haven't heard anything back. Just emailed the generic consumerrelations@fender.com email to see if anyone can track them down. I even said I'm happy to just have them back!

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #5,711 of 6,413
Finally I received FXA2 from amazon a couple days ago after selling my FXA5  to a friend. Great bass, it hits low and hard which I loved, but it has a dark sound signature. I missed sparkle high FXA5 has.
Will the high and mid change after burned in?

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #5,712 of 6,413
Finally I received FXA2 from amazon a couple days ago after selling my FXA5  to a friend. Great bass, it hits low and hard which I love, but it has a dark sound signature. 
Try a Plussound Tri-Metal cable.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #5,714 of 6,413
  Finally I received FXA2 from amazon a couple days ago after selling my FXA5  to a friend. Great bass, it hits low and hard which I loved, but it has a dark sound signature. I missed sparkle high FXA5 has.

No. Just give it a few hours and your brain will adjust to the sound. It will still be a dark IEM but you will get used to it.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #5,715 of 6,413
I really, really wanted to endgame with the Forte. It had issues and the customer service was not very good at all i'm afraid. The sound signature is dark and congested to me. I am a basshead and while there is enough quantity the quality is plain disappointing; the bass just seems boomy and haphazard without any detail. Subbass is lacking. Mids are subdued and muffled while the treble is almost perfect for me. Miniscule soundstage is the nail in my Forte coffin. At my purchase price of $250 they seem overpriced. At MSRP they would feel tremendously overpriced. There are chinese manufactured IEM's for nearly a fourth of what the MSRP on the Forte is that frankly blow it out of the water and then some. Anyways, not to precipitate on anyones parade but i wanted to share my experience. I tried my best but between the hype and bad customer service I decided to move on :frowning2: happy listening all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back