Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 27, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #5,716 of 6,413
I really, really wanted to endgame with the Forte. It had issues and the customer service was not very good at all i'm afraid. The sound signature is dark and congested to me. I am a basshead and while there is enough quantity the quality is plain disappointing; the bass just seems boomy and haphazard without any detail. Subbass is lacking. Mids are subdued and muffled while the treble is almost perfect for me. Miniscule soundstage is the nail in my Forte coffin. At my purchase price of $250 they seem overpriced. At MSRP they would feel tremendously overpriced. There are chinese manufactured IEM's for nearly a fourth of what the MSRP on the Forte is that frankly blow it out of the water and then some. Anyways, not to precipitate on anyones parade but i wanted to share my experience. I tried my best but between the hype and bad customer service I decided to move on :frowning2: happy listening all
Enjoy your next iem.

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #5,719 of 6,413
I really, really wanted to endgame with the Forte. It had issues and the customer service was not very good at all i'm afraid. The sound signature is dark and congested to me. I am a basshead and while there is enough quantity the quality is plain disappointing; the bass just seems boomy and haphazard without any detail. Subbass is lacking. Mids are subdued and muffled while the treble is almost perfect for me. Miniscule soundstage is the nail in my Forte coffin. At my purchase price of $250 they seem overpriced. At MSRP they would feel tremendously overpriced. There are chinese manufactured IEM's for nearly a fourth of what the MSRP on the Forte is that frankly blow it out of the water and then some. Anyways, not to precipitate on anyones parade but i wanted to share my experience. I tried my best but between the hype and bad customer service I decided to move on
frown.gif
happy listening all

Sorry you are disappointed with your Forte's. If you can give them some more time to allow for brain burn in. Some EQ may help with the mids. Try some different tips as the SureSeal tips are rubbish. I use these;

I have the Harmony and love it and I hear or should I say feel sub bass. Actually the base is done well. You might have a faulty pair.

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #5,721 of 6,413
I got the fxa6 pro that I ordered yesterday.

Funny thing though, I was inspecting the iem's and noticed the serial numbers on the shells start with fxa7#####...

Could they indeed be fxa7 that were mistakingly put into the fxa6 packaging???

Probably , it's good to sent fender a email

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #5,724 of 6,413
Sep 5, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #5,726 of 6,413
Can somebody please post a measurement of the diameter of fx a7 the part that goes inside the ear canal. I'm one of the guy with the smallish ears. How does the fx a7 compare to fidue a83? Much appreciated. Thank you

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #5,727 of 6,413
Newbie here. I recently purchased the fender fxa6 and am pretty much looking for someone to help justify their price for me. When I first received them, the cable would short out. Fender over nighted a replacement cable with no questions asked. So far excellent service. Ive owned the tripled 10(stolen from my car), which I though didn't sound very good. Horrible bass. I also own Shure se215, which I though had good bass but now due to owning the fenders, I think the Shures sound horrible. I really like the bass from the fender so far. It gets low and deep.

With cheaper options out there like the ue900 and sennhesier ie80, both which I've never heard. I am trying to justify the fenders. I think my biggest issue is that I can find almost zero reviews. The Amazon reviews I believe are based on the fxa2 and are not reviewing good. I keep looking to asg reviews to see if they are reviewing high but I keep getting mixed opinions whether or not this is the same as the forte or asg 1plus.

Can someone with a good ear and vast experience with other iems give me some feedback? I listen to a lot of Edm and soundtracks. Thanks

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #5,728 of 6,413
It's quite hard to beat the sub bass and bass depth of Aurisonics/fender iems if that is what you value. Se215 isn't what you would call a bassy IEM at all. Most of shure's lineup is focused on mids until you get to their flagship.

I wouldn't bother reading too many reviews. Fender's lineup I feel is priced fairly for the quality you're getting. At the price ranges you're looking at, each IEM has its trade offs. IMO if you're into edm, I would keep the fenders. I currently run fxa7s for my all purpose use and se535 for vocals. I sometimes run triple fi if I listen to a lot of rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back