Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Sep 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #5,746 of 6,413
Sorry to hear you guys having customer service nightmare.

Anyway, I have been rocking FXA5 for a couple of weeks now, love mid and sparkly never harsh high. Bass is great and punchy but not to the quantity that I like. Now I am wondering if FXA6 or 7 have better bass compared to FXA5.
I tried FXA2 before, love the bass but sound signature is a little too dark for me.
If any of you have auditioned above 5, 6 and 7 series and can give comparison specially on bass part, I would really appreciate it.
The 6 will be a great move.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #5,748 of 6,413
  How's the bass FXA6 compared to  7?

Never heard the FXA6, but I do have the 7 and had the FXA2 for a couple weeks. The bass is quite fantastic on the 7. Also, after speaking with some of the Aurisonic folks (before they disconnected their phone line), they told me that the bass port internally is bigger than the FXA6. So its most likely the closest thing to the FXA2 in terms of bass. If you thought the FXA2 was too dark, then you wont be disappointed with the FXA7.

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #5,751 of 6,413
So is the FXA7 worth the $500 price tag? or is there a better iem now?

TBH, the $500 is a little steep in my opinion. But luckily, I didn't get my FXA7 for full price. Lol. I got it for like $10 more than the 6. So I thought it was worth it for me

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #5,753 of 6,413
So just throwing this out there. What do u guys think about Rockets vs FXA7? I know the Rockets have a flatter overall sound, but to me the mids on the Rockets beat out the FXA7's mids. Has a more meatier and satisfying feel to it. But sadly that's the only spot where the Rockets win IMO. Well that and the smoothness of the Rockets. FXA7's beat it out in every other way. Lol

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #5,754 of 6,413
My other in/over ears are collecting dust. The 7 is sheer listening pleasure.
Can't imagine what a future FXA9 would bring to the table...14,2 dynamic driver maybe? 
atsmile.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #5,755 of 6,413
  My other in/over ears are collecting dust. The 7 is sheer hearing pleasure.
Can't imagine what a future FXA9 would bring to the table...14,2 dynamic driver maybe? 
atsmile.gif

Not trying to cross threads here, but do u use an external DAC? The Dragonfly Red makes the FXA7 sound even better =)

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #5,757 of 6,413
The 7 is an excellent in-ear. Definitely a top tier iem. Impossible to say if it's the right choice for you as everyone's tastes are different but from my experience with it there is no way anyone can claim it's not up to par with the other flagship iems.

The only issue is that FXA7 is a step back from the ASG 2.5 on several points.
I hope it was only on the demo model I've tried against the 2.5, but the shell finish was quite bad, with uneven gold painting and defects in the oval shape on the sides. No such thing on the 2.5. The change from 2-pin to rotating MMCX connector is just asking for disaster, it was already fading out on the left side of the demo unit.
The bass port is also gone on the Fender series, so bye-bye the huge bass, it sounds like the bass of most other hybrid IEMs with 1 dynamic driver.

I'm not saying they sound bad, but for they're not very good value for the money.
So far I can't say that Fender buying Aurisonics yielded anything impressive, it looks like pure streamlining and the aftersale service seems to have suffered in the process.

I can only hope that they will realize this and allow the ex-Aurisonics team to do miracles again.

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #5,758 of 6,413
The only issue is that FXA7 is a step back from the ASG 2.5 on several points.
I hope it was only on the demo model I've tried against the 2.5, but the shell finish was quite bad, with uneven gold painting and defects in the oval shape on the sides. No such thing on the 2.5. The change from 2-pin to rotating MMCX connector is just asking for disaster, it was already fading out on the left side of the demo unit.
The bass port is also gone on the Fender series, so bye-bye the huge bass, it sounds like the bass of most other hybrid IEMs with 1 dynamic driver.

I'm not saying they sound bad, but for they're not very good value for the money.
So far I can't say that Fender buying Aurisonics yielded anything impressive, it looks like pure streamlining and the aftersale service seems to have suffered in the process.

I can only hope that they will realize this and allow the ex-Aurisonics team to do miracles again.

The 2.5's are amazing IEM's. I have the AS2.5's customs and every time I pop them in Im blown away by the sheer quality. But I also enjoy the FXA7 in its own way. I feel like the 7's have more subtle detail clarity in the upper registers, so if Im listening to nuanced music, I'll pop those in. But I sure am glad to have gotten my customs in the 2.5's, cos overall I do feel it is the better IEM comparing with the two. It just is. Hell, even folks I talked to from Aurisonics said that the 2.5's are the better IEM. The move to go a smaller 9.25 mm driver was purely to save cost.

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #5,759 of 6,413
Obviously the ASG 2.5 is the better IEM between the two-no doubt in my mind.
However i think Fender tried to play safe in this first generation of in-ears that have their name written on the shell and that is the reason that they preferred to not rebadge a bass monster like the 2.5 but instead give the musicians something more streamlined like the Harmony.
Time will tell about durability (i have the black 7 since day one and so far everything looks fine, connectors/paint and all).

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #5,760 of 6,413
drummguy26 said:
. Hell, even folks I talked to from Aurisonics said that the 2.5's are the better IEM. The move to go a smaller 9.25 mm driver was purely to save cost.

That's my concern. Fender seems to be mainly concerned by maximizing margins.
FXA7Pro are sold at the same price as the universal ASG2.5, it is not cheap at all.

Currently there are at least 3-4 IEMs with the same driver config that have excellent reviews here for 300-400$, and they do not have some of the technical defects I mentioned above.
The market is VERY tough in the mid-tier area in terms of price/performance. It's not like high-tier IEMs where it is mostly about finding the signature you enjoy the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back