Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #5,687 of 6,413
  I personally wouldn't classify the mids on the FXA7 as distant either. But I wouldn't classify them as too forward either... (anyone whos heard the asg-2.5's should know what forward mids sound like!) I owned the FXA2 for a month before I returned it for the FXA7's, so I heard the differences. The mids in the FXA2 are definitely more prominent and forward in my opinion to the FXA7, but I like the detail and overall sound signature of the FXA7's way more than the FXA2. To me, the FXA2 kind of lacked clarity and musical separation. But I must say, if you're a basshead, go with the FXA2. The bass was noticeably bigger than the FXA7, but not by much.

@pedronet- cough up the extra $200 for the FXA6. You'll get more clarity IMO.

I made a post about a page or two back stating that I had both of those problems (driver flex and mmxci issues), but I had found solutions to both of those problems.

As for the fxa2 vs fxa 6. I originally purchased the fxa 2 and like it a lot. However, I found a great deal on the fxa 6 (the forte) and went with those instead. Well worth the money. There is a very good difference in quality particularly with clarity, but the bass of the fxa2 is still every bit there.

Cheers!

Yea i saw the post at that time. I was wondering if that was a particular case or if it's common.
I'll still think for a bit. Thank you so much for the feedback guys 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #5,688 of 6,413
but i can assure you, it can hit like a truck

Yes it can!! So can the FXA7. And with a pure OCC Copper cable, it can hit even harder.

Oh and also as an FYI, for people that have the FXA7 and are thinking of getting an aftermarket cable, get copper, not silver. The silver makes an already bright IEM even brighter. Too bright in my opinion... It improves detail, clarity, depth and all that jazz, but with the extra extension in the highs, it's almost unbearable to listen to. Lol

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #5,689 of 6,413
Anybody heared both Harmony (FXA7) and Earsonics Velvet? From description they seem to be pretty similar.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #5,690 of 6,413
  Anybody heared both Harmony (FXA7) and Earsonics Velvet? From description they seem to be pretty similar.

not at all IMO. FXA7 is much more natural sounding, less high extension or at least less clarity in highs. velvet has a super artificial sounding but VERY strong bass, less bleed over into midsfrom what i remember, and mids sound really weird to me - vocals sounded very strange to me. highs are decent, but not very smooth. a little harsh imo.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #5,691 of 6,413
So i have been using my harmony for almost 6 months now...at around 3-4 months in, both the right and left started to have some hiss from time to time and recently sometimes sound was completely off on the left. I have to adjust the cable a little bit to get the sound back. So today i ddecided to clean the connectors and see if it will help. I wiped some of these black oily thing off. They were inside both the cable connectors and headphone connectors. Anyone know what those black liquid is? Where do they come from...is it the black paint falling off from the headphone body?

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #5,692 of 6,413
So i have been using my harmony for almost 6 months now...at around 3-4 months in, both the right and left started to have some hiss from time to time and recently sometimes sound was completely off on the left. I have to adjust the cable a little bit to get the sound back. So today i ddecided to clean the connectors and see if it will help. I wiped some of these black oily thing off. They were inside both the cable connectors and headphone connectors. Anyone know what those black liquid is? Where do they come from...is it the black paint falling off from the headphone body?
Did the cleaning help?

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #5,693 of 6,413
Yes it can!! So can the FXA7. And with a pure OCC Copper cable, it can hit even harder.

Oh and also as an FYI, for people that have the FXA7 and are thinking of getting an aftermarket cable, get copper, not silver. The silver makes an already bright IEM even brighter. Too bright in my opinion... It improves detail, clarity, depth and all that jazz, but with the extra extension in the highs, it's almost unbearable to listen to. Lol

LOl alright, I'm LMAO!!

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #5,694 of 6,413
Just saw a sale on slick deals (popular section) for the fxa 6 at $300 and fxa 5 at 200 on adorama. Prolly won't last so pick them up while you can.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #5,696 of 6,413
Just saw a sale on slick deals (popular section) for the fxa 6 at $300 and fxa 5 at 200 on adorama. Prolly won't last so pick them up while you can.

hmm tempted by the fxa6 but not sure if I should just go for fxa7...too bad they dont have any in stock in Canada for listening

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #5,698 of 6,413
So I jumped the gun with Adorama FXA5 pro sale for $199. Based on reviews, I was expecting slam and kicking bass but that's not the case. Bass is there but no in the quantity that I expected. My velodyne vpulse and maybe even my IM50 have more bass then this. I will give it a week or two if sound does not change, I am returning this puppy.
Is FXA2 have more bass compared to FXA5?

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #5,699 of 6,413
So I jumped the gun with Adorama FXA5 pro sale for $199. Based on reviews, I was expecting slam and kicking bass but that's not the case. Bass is there but no in the quantity that I expected. My velodyne vpulse and maybe even my IM50 have more bass then this. I will give it a week or two if sound does not change, I am returning this puppy.
two BA drivers ? No Dynamic Driver? No DD then no real slam.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5,700 of 6,413

A couple of things:

1) I owned the FXA2 for a couple weeks and currently own the FXA7. If you're looking for bass, the FXA2 don't disappoint as it has the most bass IMO out of all the FXA models.

2) there's a previous post (page 375) where someone was experiencing similar disappointments with the FXA5. He claimed that all of his problems were solved when he switched to using HAVI foam tips. I personally tried HAVI foam tips as well on my FXA7's and will use nothing else. They do make a difference. Much warmer and enjoyable sound than stock tips.

3) EQ is your friend. =) try to add more sub bass in EQ. That's what I do even for my FXA7 and it makes a HUGE difference.

Also, if you want bass boost from just changing the tips, get the JVC spiral dot tips. Really good stuff. Also boosts treble a bit. I rotate between that and the HAVI tips depending what I'm in the mood for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back