Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #5,236 of 6,413
B
A website I have seen themm on in the UK lists the Pro version of each number as the same as the non Pro, except all the Pros just come in black. In other words, unless I'm missing something Pro just denotes a black colour scheme rather than the different colours for each different FXA.
lack is nice...

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #5,238 of 6,413
They are the Fender Pro series. If you see no "Pro" it is because they just left that word off.
http://www.fender.com/in-ear-monitors/

Anyhow , I'm curious about the FXA2. It is 6-23,000 while the FXA6 is 6-22,000. Is the FXA2 really brighter perhaps in the style of the Rockets but better(balance) or a Kicker evolution with a treble boost(V-shape perhaps)?? We do need impressions for the tuning on all these :)

I'd be really surprised if you can hear 20khz, let alone beyond.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #5,239 of 6,413
I'd be really surprised if you can hear 20khz, let alone beyond.

Again, I say this a thousand times, it has nothing to do with that. The rating is for comparison purposes. Not about actual physical hearing but about how the earphones may sound. One is 22,000, the other 23,000. What does that mean? Actual extension or more brightness? How does the Kicker compare with an 11-22,000 range vs. the new FXA-2 pro 6-23,000 range. Does the new fender version have better overall reach to match the greater stated range.

Not about we can't hear the limits of 23,000 or 40,000 or whatever numbers are stated but we can surely hear if the FXA2 Pro has better extension than a Rockets or Kicker or if the FXA2 Pro may be brighter or more V than the FXA6 if having a rating of 23,000 over 22,000 means elevated treble. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about what the greater number for the lower model may mean about it's treble tuning this time. Or how the armature model will do with bass reach as it is rated to 19Hz. Of course we assume Dales specs mean something legit in relation to how they sound in real life :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #5,241 of 6,413
Re: the 'prettier' assessment: I'm simply hearing more details in the 1k-3k range, and their presentation is pleasant to the ear-- never harsh or grating. This is most noticeable on the Kicker:FXA2 comparison, and less so on the Harmony:FXA7 comparison. I actually heard much less difference between the Harmony and 7, but I spent less time with them overall. Pretty perhaps because of what I'm hearing and how it puts a smile on my face (subtle voices, slightly more articulated nuance in percussion)-- sorry for ambiguous language.

Re: the FXA2 vs FXA6 (or 7), there can be no doubt that the FXA2 is the warmest/darkest of the lineup if you've heard them. I had extensive experience with the Kicker, and then was sent some FXAs to audition while my customs are being completed and to provide feedback-- while the FXA2's balance in the mid/mid-his has been tweaked, it is in no way 'bright' now, and I daresay it couldn't be relative to ears designed specifically to reproduce the frequencies in question. The FXA2 is definitely best for those less concerned with higher end :wink:

And as someone said earlier, there is no difference between FXA and FXA Pro-- just a choice of color (*corrected after the fact-- thanks for the info and pics!). There's only one line of Fender IEMs, and Aurisonics branded products are now completely unavailable through normal retail channels, unifying the brand under the new name and aesthetic.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #5,242 of 6,413
Re: the 'prettier' assessment: I'm simply hearing more details in the 1k-3k range, and their presentation is pleasant to the ear-- never harsh or grating. This is most noticeable on the Kicker:FXA2 comparison, and less so on the Harmony:FXA7 comparison. I actually heard much less difference between the Harmony and 7, but I spent less time with them overall. Pretty perhaps because of what I'm hearing and how it puts a smile on my face (subtle voices, slightly more articulated nuance in percussion)-- sorry for ambiguous language.

Re: the FXA2 vs FXA6 (or 7), there can be no doubt that the FXA2 is the warmest/darkest of the lineup if you've heard them. I had extensive experience with the Kicker, and then was sent some FXAs to audition while my customs are being completed and to provide feedback-- while the FXA2's balance in the mid/mid-his has been tweaked, it is in no way 'bright' now, and I daresay it couldn't be relative to ears designed specifically to reproduce the frequencies in question. The FXA2 is definitely best for those less concerned with higher end :wink:

And as someone said earlier, there is no difference between FXA and FXA Pro and thereby no solid black shells. There's only one line of Fender IEMs, and Aurisonics branded products are now completely unavailable through normal retail channels, unifying the brand under the new name and aesthetic.

Thanks for the update of the tuning for the FXA2. Did you get a chance to audition the 5 or 6? Torn between picking up one of these or the 7 - the Harmony and Kicker are the two in the Bravo series I haven't owned at some point so would like to check out their equivalent in the new range, but very intrigued what they have done with the BA only model, and if they have tuned the 6 like the old ASG-1Plus like someone suggested at the start of this thread ( or one of the other AS/Fender threads - know I read it somewhere!) as I loved that particular sound signature?

With regards to the naming, now seen them appear on another uk site just listed as the Pro, but still offering all models in metallic black as well as the "assigned" colours.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #5,243 of 6,413
While I've not heard the 5 or 6, Andy informed me that the 6 is a retune of the Forte (which I have heard), and I would venture to say that since the Forte was quite unlike the 1+, the FXA6 will be unlike it too. Interested to hear the 5 as well, given Dale's disdain for pure BA designs in the past...

It's a tough pill to swallow, but the corporate direction and sound aesthetic have simply changed. The beloved 1+, 2, and 2.5 sound will be off the table for some time to come, but hopefully they'll be back and better than ever in 2017 or beyond.

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #5,244 of 6,413
Anyone fishing for another ASG-2.5, someone has just put a red one up for sale on the FS boards...

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #5,245 of 6,413
Anyone fishing for another ASG-2.5, someone has just put a red one up for sale on the FS boards...

Still waiting for my 1Plus to get here. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #5,247 of 6,413
Wow but I cant, I already have three 2.5s.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5,249 of 6,413
What do you need three for? :eek:
Mmm one for back up and two for weekly use, each has a different bass port setting and cable. Plus a forth 2.5 should be arriving but this time it will be a custom 2.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back