Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 22, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #4,456 of 6,413
I had heard pre-production version of Forte and Harmony at the NYC meet in early 2015... Something about the Forte resonated with me that the Harmony could not capture. I took the aurisonics reps card with Forte written on it. Now, thanks to the amazing deal via UK.... It is finally on its way to me :)

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #4,457 of 6,413
Jan 23, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #4,458 of 6,413
question: is there a significant diff between the quality of sound of the forte and the 2.5?

i had written to the owner about a month ago, asking about the bravo series and his op for the more balanced / versatile one:
for rock, jazz, blues etc....he suggested the forte.

so i'm looking at these...and the FLC 8S to step up my game.

i love clean good bass as long as it doesn't overcrowd the other instruments or take away from the treble.
...seeking a very balanced and detailed iem....so unsure if its' worth it going to the 2.5 (i have no dap: just smartphone to run them
for now).

i have the vsonic gr07 classics...love the balance and detail..wish there were more bass and a better build
...and they can be a bit to bright at times.

also just bought the sony xb90ex...imo a bit too much bass that takes away the details and balance that the brighter Vsonic has.
but still a fab bang for buck iem for bassheads.

lastly is anyone holding off from buying given the sale to Fender (ie a rebranding or a tweak)?
will be most interesting to see what Fender does
fab times we're in.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #4,459 of 6,413
question: is there a significant diff between the quality of sound of the forte and the 2.5?

i had written to the owner about a month ago, asking about the bravo series and his op for the more balanced / versatile one:
for rock, jazz, blues etc....he suggested the forte.

so i'm looking at these...and the FLC 8S to step up my game.

i love clean good bass as long as it doesn't overcrowd the other instruments or take away from the treble.
...seeking a very balanced and detailed iem....so unsure if its' worth it going to the 2.5 (i have no dap: just smartphone to run them
for now).

i have the vsonic gr07 classics...love the balance and detail..wish there were more bass and a better build
...and they can be a bit to bright at times.

also just bought the sony xb90ex...imo too much bass imo that takes away the details and balance that the brighter Vsonic has.

lastly is anyone holding off from buying given the sale to Fender (ie a rebranding or a tweak)?
will be most interesting to see what Fender does
fab times we're in.
Then the Harmony is best for you then the Forte. Then again the 2.5 can work but close the bass port.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #4,460 of 6,413
Snatched myself a harmony and a ASG-2.5. Curious how they sound in comparison to my collection.

Oh great times ahead for you. I have the harmony at home as a demo as well and the 2.5 incoming. I am trying to convince my audio supplier to sell me the now obsolete demo unit harmony :D for a good price.

Cheers,
K

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4,461 of 6,413
@Koolpep Worth a try isn't it. Must say that I hope this impulse buy of the two is a good one. Spend a little bit too much on audio and other stuff the last two months. If my wallet had hands it would surely be choking me :p
Hopefully I'll be able to sell of some other stuff to make room.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #4,462 of 6,413
@Koolpep
 Worth a try isn't it. Must say that I hope this impulse buy of the two is a good one. Spend a little bit too much on audio and other stuff the last two months. If my wallet had hands it would surely be choking me :p
Hopefully I'll be able to sell of some other stuff to make room.

Haha, my wallet and I totally know that feeling. I have a lot of stuff on my "to sell" list but then never get around putting it up for sale. Silly me. Should be my 2016 resolution. Sell the audio things you never use....

Cheers,K

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #4,465 of 6,413
My thoughts are a bit torn. Right now I've ordered the ASG-2.5 and the Harmony. When seeing Dale on Musica Acoustics Youtube video from the Spring Headphone festival in Tokyo Japan, he mentions that he got more bass out of the 9.25mm driver than out of the 14.2mm.
So now I'm questioning my choice to get both.
I'love bass but it must not be overpowered. I really like my Ei.XX CIEM which had plenty bass when needed but it also can behave. The IE80 I got are very good but a hint on the dark side. The UE900 could have been better with a bit more bass but I like the mids and highs on it.
What do you guys think, what should I take?
I'm leaning towards keeping the Harmony on order and cancel the 2.5

Thanks for helping out a fellow addict 
etysmile.gif

EDIT: one thing to add. I like the Sennheiser house sound. So good bass, it's ok if the mids are a bit recessed and smooth highs.

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #4,466 of 6,413
At one point I had both the 2.0 and the 2.5. I thought the bass was better on the 2.0 and even though the 2.5 had a lot to offer, I kept the 2.0 and sold the 2.5. The bass on the 2 was very addictive. I have yet to compare the Harmony, which I also own, directly to the 2, but from memory, the Harmony had a closer bass sound to the 2.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,467 of 6,413
I think that the harmony are as good as the 2.5. Though my 2.5 are not yet here, but I had them at home as demo units for a few weeks last year, so no direct comparison.

From memory, I found the harmony to be the better all rounder and more comfortable headphone. I would recommend the harmony - however, the great recent offer on the 2.5 makes it harder. For nearly the same price.... I personally want to own them both. And think it's a tie between them. I know that doesn't help you much but it's all I can say at the moment.

Cheers,
K

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #4,468 of 6,413
I think that the harmony are as good as the 2.5. I would recommend the harmony
however, the great recent offer on the 2.5 makes it harder. For nearly the same price.... I personally want to own them both.
I know that doesn't help you much but it's all I can say at the moment.

Cheers,
K

biggrin.gif
 Thanks 

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #4,469 of 6,413
My thoughts are a bit torn. Right now I've ordered the ASG-2.5 and the Harmony. When seeing Dale on Musica Acoustics Youtube video from the Spring Headphone festival in Tokyo Japan, he mentions that he got more bass out of the 9.25mm driver than out of the 14.2mm.
So now I'm questioning my choice to get both.
I'love bass but it must not be overpowered. I really like my Ei.XX CIEM which had plenty bass when needed but it also can behave. The IE80 I got are very good but a hint on the dark side. The UE900 could have been better with a bit more bass but I like the mids and highs on it.
What do you guys think, what should I take?
I'm leaning towards keeping the Harmony on order and cancel the 2.5

Thanks for helping out a fellow addict :etysmile:  

EDIT: one thing to add. I like the Sennheiser house sound. So good bass, it's ok if the mids are a bit recessed and smooth highs.
keep both. You will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back