Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3,571 of 6,413
Oh, I think they are more than capable of replacing them IMO.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-is-coming-out-with-a-new-iem/15#post_10105410

Interesting impressions Shane. By the way I'm giving the list on the first post of the thread a bit of an update to make things a bit more compact and organized. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3,575 of 6,413
When I get my rockets I plan on comparing to asg2 and re400s. Which according to kickstarter should be sometime next month

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,576 of 6,413
I'll have my own line of comparisons...  Not sure exactly which headphones will be compared to, but it'll be a wide variety.  Here's a running list though:
  1. ACS T15: one of my favorites, would be one of my go-to's if it wasn't for the darn cable that is bent into a memory effect x 1 million.  Follows the signature that Dale stated for the rockets, just about word for word.  They are tiny like the Rockets too with Kevlar cables (probably not to the extremes Aurisonics does it though).  
  2. Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.3 rev): an obvious one that should be compared.  It sounds like the ASG-1 has the Rocket signature put to a larger extreme.  Either way, they're both in the Aurisonics' family and at only 50 dollars more, will make for a good comparison.
  3. Dunu DN-1000: interesting new hybrid from Dunu.  Not sure if I'll do this one though.
  4. Etymotic HF5: classic comparison for a DF reference set.
  5. HiFiMan RE-400: Aurisonics' is known for good quality for the price, HiFiMan's RE-400 is deemed to be king of value on these forums and stated to be able to muscle out IEMs twice its price, at times a little more than twice.  What?!  The Rockets are a little more than twice its price?
  6. HiFiMan RE-600: if we include little brother, we have to include big brother.  Both hold similar signatures too!  If Aurisonics can reproduce the RE-600's signature (lows and mids) with a bumped treble regions, we'll have a winner.
  7. Logitech UE 900: closest thing we have to replicating the RE-600's signature with bumped treble.  Doesn't quite do it though in the bass and mids...  Darn.  We'll see how it compares to the less costly Rocket.
  8. Phonak PFE232: somewhat stupid-expensive dual-drivered IEM with a v-shape.  Yet, it does a great job reproducing music, just as well as most neutral and warm 'phones.  
  9. Westone W4R: this is a Head-Fi favorite.  Generally does little wrong and a well perceived IEM to listen to.  It has no standout strengths though.  

All of these may not be done, but I'll try to get them in :wink:  If anyone else wants another comparison, let me know.

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #3,577 of 6,413
I'll have my own line of comparisons...  Not sure exactly which headphones will be compared to, but it'll be a wide variety.  Here's a running list though:
  • ACS T15: one of my favorites, would be one of my go-to's if it wasn't for the darn cable that is bent into a memory effect x 1 million.  Follows the signature that Dale stated for the rockets, just about word for word.  They are tiny like the Rockets too with Kevlar cables (probably not to the extremes Aurisonics does it though).  
  • Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.3 rev): an obvious one that should be compared.  It sounds like the ASG-1 has the Rocket signature put to a larger extreme.  Either way, they're both in the Aurisonics' family and at only 50 dollars more, will make for a good comparison.
  • Dunu DN-1000: interesting new hybrid from Dunu.  Not sure if I'll do this one though.
  • Etymotic HF5: classic comparison for a DF reference set.
  • HiFiMan RE-400: Aurisonics' is known for good quality for the price, HiFiMan's RE-400 is deemed to be king of value on these forums and stated to be able to muscle out IEMs twice its price, at times a little more than twice.  What?!  The Rockets are a little more than twice its price?
  • HiFiMan RE-600: if we include little brother, we have to include big brother.  Both hold similar signatures too!  If Aurisonics can reproduce the RE-600's signature (lows and mids) with a bumped treble regions, we'll have a winner.
  • Logitech UE 900: closest thing we have to replicating the RE-600's signature with bumped treble.  Doesn't quite do it though in the bass and mids...  Darn.  We'll see how it compares to the less costly Rocket.
  • Phonak PFE232: somewhat stupid-expensive dual-drivered IEM with a v-shape.  Yet, it does a great job reproducing music, just as well as most neutral and warm 'phones.  
  • Westone W4R: this is a Head-Fi favorite.  Generally does little wrong and a well perceived IEM to listen to.  It has no standout strengths though.  
All of these may not be done, but I'll try to get them in :wink:  If anyone else wants another comparison, let me know.

SR-009?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,580 of 6,413
Added! 

No MH1 to test against :frowning2:

This will be our thing. :D

Just pawn the SR-009 for like $50 after you do the comparison and get an MH1. Sheesh. It's not Rockets science. :p

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #3,584 of 6,413
I've also asked and am waiting on a response. They said they hadn't worked it out yet, but that was a few weeks ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back