Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #6,001 of 6,413

I'm afraid that's the good and bad of a boutique brand being taken over by a large corp.

The good: build quality are million miles ahead of AS's previous offerings, both aesthetical and material. It's built like a mix of a gem and a tank.

The bad: designers and informed people are probably more hand strapped towards releasing the IP info belonging to the company. It all depends on how the company value the market and their customers, and how they understand the need of their target audience. Fender is still green on the scene and hope they learn FAST. Right now with the present available info, the FXA9 are in a somewhat embarassing position in the market.

Some further remarks on sound - I've switched tips a bit and now with the ML size sureseal tips the bass came all alive and kicking just like ANY good dynamics but with more texture and details. Problem with sureseal tips is that of the 4 sizes available, 3 of them fits my ears with good seals...............not sure if that's a problem or a blessing but sonically it changes with the tips swap.

I quitted using the sureseal tips after all since I found them somehow quite noticeably muffle the sound like the comply do with some iems. Pity as these tips are king of comfort and isolation and are so easy to fit.

I ended up trying the JVCs and the acoustune AET7 and 8 and the sound open up a lot with way more air up top.

The stock cable is quality stuff. Didn't notice any positive change of sound after switching a few cables (some negative chage noted instead) but ultimately switched to a final audio C081 only for its balanced connection (and similar design and sound to the stock cable). I would not hesitate keep using the stock cable if my sources are restricted to 3.5mm connections. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #6,004 of 6,413
  So is Dale Lott still the designer for Fender? Has there been any discussion of the Rockets coming back?

That would be great, I love my Rockets. It is a shame that Fender killed it off. They should really bring them back.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #6,006 of 6,413
This has been long overdue ..

http://www.aurisonics.com/auris/

Wireless wireless , Maybe it's a good time for them to 're focus on this long awaited piece .

That's really interesting that they're planning on making something under the Aurisonics name again since they've merged with Fender.  

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #6,007 of 6,413
This has been long overdue ..

http://www.aurisonics.com/auris/

Wireless wireless , Maybe it's a good time for them to 're focus on this long awaited piece .

NICE! Signed up for the Kickstarter, hope it launches soon. Hope it's not outdated info though, curious how they would release with the Aurisonics brand again. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #6,008 of 6,413
NICE! Signed up for the Kickstarter, hope it launches soon. Hope it's not outdated info though, curious how they would release with the Aurisonics brand again. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, the sign up page claims a copyright of 2014 - so it seems to me rather a direct link leftover while the aurisonics general website gets redirected to Fender.

Also, their twitter feed had its last update in 2015. :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #6,009 of 6,413
Just watched Dale explaining the design of FXA9 on video in the intro event of the A9 in Hong Kong.

Basically:
1. HEXAD means nothing else other than a 6 driver system (can guess)
2. 1 high, 1 mid, 2 bass drivers plus a pair of sub-bass drivers seperated in another ported chamber
3. No crossover for the 4 bass and sub-bass drivers (meaning there is crossover for the mid and high drivers but the system is kinda simplified)

Nothing much other than a video within the video showing how these were made.

TBH I was expecting something more interesting...............oh well at least it's good to know some more about the design.

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #6,010 of 6,413
I'm interested in the FXA2 as they seem to have the sound sig I want (elevated sub bass and smooth, slightly recessed treble).

I'll want to drive them from my Fiio E18 DAC/amp.

Does anyone have any experience with how the FXA2s react with an amp? Does the bass get better, deeper, tighter etc? And can they handle more power without distortion?

Thanks

May 6, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #6,012 of 6,413
Better if you like feeling and hearing the bass.

May 6, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #6,013 of 6,413
My Harmonys have not had any use since I got the Noble Kaiser Encore. The bass is impressive on the Encores and I don't feel I'm missing anything in that area compared to the harmony.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #6,014 of 6,413
Gteat you can enjoy listening to imitation bass. ☺

May 6, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #6,015 of 6,413
Does anyone have any experience with how the FXA2s react with an amp? Does the bass get better, deeper, tighter etc? And can they handle more power without distortion?Thanks
they sound tighter with amp, better control and bigger soundstage, they can handle enormous amount of power without distortion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back