Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 4, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #5,146 of 6,413
If I had to choose I would keep the Harmony (now that I re-read my post I am not so sure anymore) - luckily I don't have to.

They are different. The 1Plus has these beautiful liquid mids, not recessed just perfect. Same with the treble - detailed, not harsh just lovely balanced sounding with a bottom end that's not as exaggerated but perfectly fitting the music.

The Harmony has more bass and impact - slightly recessed mids in comparison a bit more sizzle in the treble - an even "funner" sound signature (more V).

Soundstage wise both are equally good.

1Plus excels in the mids and balanced yet fun sound, Harmony is technically on the same level or even better but focussed more on the fun signature.

::: ::: :I: 

vs

I:. ... :II

This is just from listening with a few songs now.
My opinion is the Harmony is a chameleon. It can be a basshead iem and it can be an audiophile iem.

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #5,149 of 6,413
Came across the vibro labs aria review, they look absolutely stunning. How do you guys feel they will stack up against the harmony/FXA7 they are the same price $500... anybody else looked into them?

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #5,151 of 6,413
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,153 of 6,413
Apr 5, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #5,154 of 6,413
Never heard of them. Looking now.....
What you think bud? Really interested to read more reviews on the aria, the guys profile has a pretty extensive experience of alot of audio equipment and headsets. The aria is his favourite headphone/earphone. Awesome that theres a few cool new high quality releases with competitive pricing

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #5,155 of 6,413
Agreed. The $500 range is pretty crowded now with noble universals, and the recent liquidation of aurisonics asg series.(noticed how many keep popping up on the for sale forum lately?)

The aria looks very nice indeed. I love that it's a quad, and clearly that response curve is quite a beauty. Honestly it looks very similar to the old audeo pfe series response curve, witch is a good think. I had the pfe 132, witch is only a single BA and I always thought it had absolute phenomenal sound. So if the aria sounds similar, it will be a beautifully coherent sound.

I'm glad you got me hip to the aria. I am currently building up funds for my one last hoorah in my decade long earphone hobby. I want a final set. I've raised almost $600 for my one final stab at absolution.

You've just made my decision even harder lol. Aira, asg 1Plus, ath im04, or the new aluminium noble savant. These are what keep me awake at night.

The most I've ever spent on a single set of earphones is my RHA T10($250) my fx850($275) and very recently I decided to choose the aurisonics bravo series forte as my last purchase($400) but I did not enjoy the sound from the Forte's and sent them back. So now I've gathered up what I feel I need to acquire a single piece that will accomplish many things: sound great, look great, fit great, be built well, last for years and most importantly, truly represent the current state of the art in in ear technology.

I've yet to decide, but I'm leaning towards the asg 1Plus. Now that I've seen aria,I don't know...

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #5,156 of 6,413
I dont understand charts yet im new to this game. Off that chart do you feel it would be good for rock music? Vocals etc?

It is a stunner to look at gotta be honest. I was all for the harmony but that review got me thinking.

In the past few days I bought the RHA T20 as a big upgrade to my ex650. Its alot better but I havent taken to it for some reason. However.... i put them in lastnight and they really sounded good, ive heard they need time to burn in, i dont know how true it is but there was deffinetley something enjoyable about them. Hendrix, stevie ray vaughn, kings of leon they all sounded really good. Vocals and guitar were vivid, strange. Still going to take them back though as I would rather pay extra and get a wow IEM.

Another upcoming IEM i been told about is the trinity phantom master. Another interesting sounding IEM at a very good price.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #5,157 of 6,413
Agreed. The $500 range is pretty crowded now with noble universals, and the recent liquidation of aurisonics asg series.(noticed how many keep popping up on the for sale forum lately?)

The aria looks very nice indeed. I love that it's a quad, and clearly that response curve is quite a beauty. Honestly it looks very similar to the old audeo pfe series response curve, witch is a good think. I had the pfe 132, witch is only a single BA and I always thought it had absolute phenomenal sound. So if the aria sounds similar, it will be a beautifully coherent sound.

I'm glad you got me hip to the aria. I am currently building up funds for my one last hoorah in my decade long earphone hobby. I want a final set. I've raised almost $600 for my one final stab at absolution.

You've just made my decision even harder lol. Aira, asg 1Plus, ath im04, or the new aluminium noble savant. These are what keep me awake at night.

The most I've ever spent on a single set of earphones is my RHA T10($250) my fx850($275) and very recently I decided to choose the aurisonics bravo series forte as my last purchase($400) but I did not enjoy the sound from the Forte's and sent them back. So now I've gathered up what I feel I need to acquire a single piece that will accomplish many things: sound great, look great, fit great, be built well, last for years and most importantly, truly represent the current state of the art in in ear technology.

I've yet to decide, but I'm leaning towards the asg 1Plus. Now that I've seen aria,I don't know...

Not to make your decision any harder, but people have suggested that the new Fender FXA6Pro model coming out towards the end of this month will be tuned like the 1Plus rather than the Forte, so may be worth waiting a few weeks if the 1Plus is your preference, to see what the first "new" batch of Aurisonics/Fender products sound like. Price wise, I believe they might be a little cheaper too - the new FXA7Pro (Harmony replacement) is being advertised for pre-order on some UK gear does for £320, which works out at roughly $450. I guess merging with a massive music corporation does have some benefits!

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #5,158 of 6,413
Not to make your decision any harder, but people have suggested that the new Fender FXA6Pro model coming out towards the end of this month will be tuned like the 1Plus rather than the Forte, so may be worth waiting a few weeks if the 1Plus is your preference, to see what the first "new" batch of Aurisonics/Fender products sound like. Price wise, I believe they might be a little cheaper too - the new FXA7Pro (Harmony replacement) is being advertised for pre-order on some UK gear does for £320, which works out at roughly $450. I guess merging with a massive music corporation does have some benefits!
I got my eye on the FXA7, that aria has really thrown a spanner in the works. I think im going to have to wait to see reviews on these phones'

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #5,159 of 6,413

What is the diff between the FXA7 and the FXA7Pro?

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #5,160 of 6,413
I got my eye on the FXA7, that aria has really thrown a spanner in the works. I think im going to have to wait to see reviews on these phones'
Aria four BA iem? Wont challenge the Harmony in bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back