Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype)
Oct 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #211 of 3,428
i just placed an order for the MA3 for my next BBQ session...
gonna roast the lamb leg real good.

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #212 of 3,428
  While we're waiting for the imminent birth, folks, I asked Lukasz for some photos of the kind of units they create so we can get a bit more of an idea of their quality work, in addition to their Espressivo.

So, as a teaser, here's one really nice-looking (speaker only) piece of equipment :

Sure would love to hear what this baby can do...kick my nice Vincent SS amp right into touch I would imagine!! I want one already, lol!

(For anyone interested in knowing more about this amp, so as I don't go falling foul of any rules, Lukasz is offering a special deal to us forum people...just contact them via the Feliks-Audio website).

That is the kind of Tranny(split) cover i want to see for the new amp.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #213 of 3,428

Hi ilm2.

A bit tricky when it's just ONE big toroidal, lol!! 
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #214 of 3,428

Hi ilm2.

A bit tricky when it's just ONE big toroidal, lol!! 
wink.gif

They can fake it if they want to,Install a dummy one beside it i'am sure that those covers are not that expensive.
Unless they are milling them from a solid block of aluminum but i don't think so not gonna happen for that amp.
If they put a shorter dummy cover(enough room to take two tubes side by side) beside the transformer and leaved it empty and put a hole on the chassis under that dummy cover you already have a place to install a socket for your C3g,s or other tubes no need for you to buy an adapter just buy two sockets and install them on top then route the wires in the hole under the dummy cover.
biggrin.gif

I know you love your C3g's.............

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #215 of 3,428
  They can fake it if they want to,Install a dummy one beside it i'am sure that those covers are not that expensive.
Unless they are milling them from a solid block of aluminum but i don't think so not gonna happen for that amp.

Methinks there's already enough real estate at the back, no?...for me, anyway!...
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #216 of 3,428

Methinks there's already enough real estate at the back, no?...for me, anyway!...
wink_face.gif

I'am just kidding don't worry about it..........
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #218 of 3,428
biggrin.gif

You nearly had me going there, you SoB!!  
devil_face.gif
tongue.gif

BTW i was ready to do some wiring for my SEX only to find out that all of the transformers that i painted was all scratched up.SoB i need to redo all of them,No SEX for me yet.
frown.gif

None of these trials for me, mon ami...abstinence has its advantages, lol!.(Apart from C3g adapters, that is - but sshhh...I have confessed my (and others') illicit love for them to Lukasz, and he might just consider looking into the possibility once the first production unit is ready. Now there's really keen for you!! I truly believe this would take the Elise to a whole new level - for those who, like me, have discovered (and love) this tube. But first things first...
wink_face.gif
).

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #219 of 3,428
Well its a nogo for the WA3 next !

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #221 of 3,428
biggrin.gif

Hey ilm2, looks like your 'kidding' isn't so far off the mark after all!!..I notice Glenn is treating one of our lucky members to a pair of loctal sockets in his amp so as to enable use of my beloved C3g...would you believe it?!... Lucky member indeed, lol!...($$$??)...

So  Lukasz is gonna have to take my suggestion really seriously now, methinks!
wink.gif
...Ah well, at least the adapter option would help keep down the base unit cost for those not interested in the C3g...

(Nice to know my regard for this tube is not misplaced...
tongue.gif
).

Oct 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #222 of 3,428

biggrin.gif

Hey ilm2, looks like your 'kidding' isn't so far off the mark after all!!..I notice Glenn is treating one of our lucky members to a pair of loctal sockets in his amp so as to enable use of my beloved C3g...would you believe it?!... Lucky member indeed, lol!...($$$??)...

So  Lukasz is gonna have to take my suggestion really seriously now, methinks!
wink.gif
...Ah well, at least the adapter option would help keep down the base unit cost for those not interested in the C3g...

(Nice to know my regard for this tube is not misplaced...
tongue.gif
).

Gibosi is also getting a 6.3-12.6-25.2 volt switch so he can use a 6SN7 or 12SN7 or 25SN7/1633/13D1 for the driver.
I have been using the C3g as driver for years in my 300B amps.  This will be the first I am using in a OTL . This is the best sounding tube without going through
the hassle of using direct heated triodes.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #223 of 3,428

Gibosi is also getting a 6.3-12.6-25.2 volt switch so he can use a 6SN7 or 12SN7 or 25SN7/1633/13D1 for the driver.
I have been using the C3g as driver for years in my 300B amps.  This will be the first I am using in a OTL . This is the best sounding tube without going through

Hi 2359glenn.

That makes g DOUBLY lucky!...But if anyone deserves it, he certainly does...
biggrin.gif

For that tube to still be supreme speaks volumes for the guys (geniuses!) who put it together, no?

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #224 of 3,428

NICE........

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #225 of 3,428

searched for a pig from the web... so this is the fuss...:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back