FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #3,512 of 5,204
Well, i finally found a graph that @Hawaiibadboy made. It's under a Lancelot review sadly. I couldnt find before. So yes, it is S8Pro graph. No wonder i can hear the same. My ears are working fine then. Im in the process of contacting Penon of getting rid of this and get the Roland instead. So yeah, hope everything is going smooth.

Kinda disappointed from the fake description and graph given in the website =.=
Sorry you're disappointed in the La Hire, TB. I know you were excited about that one.

To be honest, the Roland almost exactly matches your preferred FR. I was a little surprised to hear you grabbed the La Hire instead. I hope you have a better experience with the Roland!

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #3,513 of 5,204
Sorry you're disappointed in the La Hire, TB. I know you were excited about that one.

To be honest, the Roland almost exactly matches your preferred FR. I was a little surprised to hear you grabbed the La Hire instead. I hope you have a better experience with the Roland!
I grabbed a La Hire because of the graph. I wanna play safe with lesser bass since i want a set that focuses on vocals. Turns out the graphs are FAKES

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #3,514 of 5,204
I grabbed a La Hire because of the graph. I wanna play safe with lesser bass since i want a set that focuses on vocals. Turns out the graphs are FAKES
AFAIK, they're provided by Fearless, so there's no telling how they did them. Guys like Chris, Jude, Crinacle, Antdroid, etc. use established testing patterns that can be compared with each other. It's a bummer the Fearless graph is so far off on that one- it's pretty close on the others.

Chris' Roland graph is dang art.

upload_2019-9-4_22-31-48.png

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,515 of 5,204
AFAIK, they're provided by Fearless, so there's no telling how they did them. Guys like Chris, Jude, Crinacle, Antdroid, etc. use established testing patterns that can be compared with each other. It's a bummer the Fearless graph is so far off on that one- it's pretty close on the others.

I don't think it's right to just assume the fake graphs are provided by fearless unless someone creditable tells you that because I couldn't find any on their web site or product listing

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #3,516 of 5,204

Yes, the bad thing is, the only set that is FAR OFF is La Hire. The Roland and Lancelot at least has the same pattern. See this La Hire from BGGAR video, totally off from fearless graph. I was really upset since i just realized it today since the graph is under lancelot review instead.
10347836.jpg

Attachments

• lahire.jpg
    lahire.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,517 of 5,204
I don't think it's right to just assume the fake graphs are provided by fearless unless someone creditable tells you that because I couldn't find any on their web site or product listing
there are three graph, go look at the linsoul. There are three graphs. Showing for each set.

edit: also to add more spice, the description of La Hire is "Most of the female voice earphones are partly achieved by weakening other aspects of female voice, so the voice is slightly thin.The EST electrostatic drive unit used by LA HIRE has a unique high frequency response and a wide range of extensibility, providing the possibility to blending a unique female voice. It’s a kind of female voice that refuses to sacrifice other frequencies for a unique and elegant quality."

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #3,518 of 5,204
I was told they were provided by Fearless.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #3,519 of 5,204
there are three graph, go look at the linsoul. There are three graphs. Showing for each set.

edit: also to add more spice, the description of La Hire is "Most of the female voice earphones are partly achieved by weakening other aspects of female voice, so the voice is slightly thin.The EST electrostatic drive unit used by LA HIRE has a unique high frequency response and a wide range of extensibility, providing the possibility to blending a unique female voice. It’s a kind of female voice that refuses to sacrifice other frequencies for a unique and elegant quality."
Linsoul is really just a forwarding company that orders for you. Fearless only has an official store on taobao:
https://m.tb.cn/h.elishRe?sm=068039

But the female vocal advertisement is an accurate translation from the original listing

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #3,520 of 5,204
Linsoul is really just a forwarding company that orders for you. Fearless only has an official store on taobao:
https://m.tb.cn/h.elishRe?sm=068039

But the female vocal advertisement is an accurate translation from the original listing
Accurate translation but inaccurate description. This set is supposed to be a mid centric set from the description.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #3,521 of 5,204
Well, i finally found a graph that @Hawaiibadboy made. It's under a Lancelot review sadly. I couldnt find before. So yes, it is S8Pro graph. No wonder i can hear the same. My ears are working fine then. Im in the process of contacting Penon of getting rid of this and get the Roland instead. So yeah, hope everything is going smooth.

Kinda disappointed from the fake description and graph given in the website =.=

Usually i put graphs in community tab
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ/community

Fearless Audio La Hire Earphone
Model: La Hire
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + Dual Balanced Armature
Resistance: 12ohm
Sensitivity: 111DB
Frequency Response: 18-80khz
Distortion Rate: <1%
Sound Isolation: 26db

IMG_0071.JPG

Fearless Audio Lancelot Earphone
Model: Lancelot
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + 6 Balanced Armature
Resistance: 26ohm
Sensitivity: 114DB

IMG_0083.JPG

Fearless Audio Roland Earphone

Model: Roland
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + Dual Balanced Armature+ 1 Dynamic Driver
Resistance: 5.8ohm
Sensitivity: 106DB

IMG_0089(1).JPG

I consider the Roland to be the flagship despite Fearless pricing Lancelot as such
I only hype the Roland though the Lancelot is quite good it is priced more than Roland (hard to agree with that)
La-hire is not really a departure from some in S series of Fearless IMO

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #3,523 of 5,204
Usually i put graphs in community tab
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ/community

Fearless Audio La Hire Earphone
Model: La Hire
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + Dual Balanced Armature
Resistance: 12ohm
Sensitivity: 111DB

Fearless Audio Lancelot Earphone
Model: Lancelot
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + 6 Balanced Armature
Resistance: 26ohm
Sensitivity: 114DB

Fearless Audio Roland Earphone

Model: Roland
Drivers: Dual Electrostatic Driver + Dual Balanced Armature+ 1 Dynamic Driver
Resistance: 5.8ohm
Sensitivity: 106DB

I consider the Roland to be the flagship despite Fearless pricing Lancelot as such
I only hype the Roland though the Lancelot is quite good it is priced more than Roland (hard to agree with that)
La-hire is not really a departure from some in S series of Fearless IMO
Thanks! i didnt know about the community tab existence lmao.
Good thing is Penon responded to me to have a return and replacement for the Rolant :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #3,524 of 5,204
How is the fit and Isolation compared to the S8P?
isolation is almost the same but the not a single creaking sound from the air pressure. Sound is almost the same. So yes, if you are okay with the graph given. My S8P is for sale and my La Hire will be returned :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #3,525 of 5,204
Are you using the stock Fearless cable?

My experience with the Roland is that everything is kind of placed equally. There's nothing that really stands out and grabs unless it's meant to in the recording. Some refer to EST "sparkle" in reference to other ESTs on the market that have hyped the ESTs to stand out. Roland doesn't do that, at least not in my experience.

The reason I ask about cable is that every Fearless I've plugged in with that blasted thing suffers from muddying and smearing, even distortion, in the upper reaches.
Thanks Warrior. I am now using the copper cable recommended by you and it does improves a lot in terms of clarity. I have never used Gu Craftsman b4 and the quality is brilliant for its price so thanks again!) And I can see what you mean now re EST. Will test some more tracks in the coming few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back