FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 5, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #3,541 of 5,204
@Owludio so should get a Roland instead? im in the process of returning this (La Hire) and getting other pair from Penon. Again, how's the vocal, mids, and treble :)
It's good Pennon has a decent return policy. I wish Empire Ears had, because this is exactly the way feel about LX.
What concerns me is that you appear to be very demanding to mids quality. I'm slowly moving in that direction myself by being spoiled by iems with great executed mid frequency response. Good mids are growing on me as does Roland.
I believe I've mentioned more than once and I will try my best to clarify it now, that lower mids are star of the show with Roland. It works better for Male vocals actually.
Now the treble:
Hi Owludio, you mentioned that treble sounds darker at first, did it improve? I found it darker and even veiled with the expectation that treble would nearly sparkle like any electrostatic driver. I'm happy with all the other aspects of Roland but just a bit surprised by the treble.
Yes, treble on mid and bass centered tracks feels darker. Roland doesn't sound as airy and open as my Z5 and especially it04(which btw has very intense voice presentation too overwhelming often). So, it's different signature from those as well as er2se kind. Graph doesn't lie. It sounds as it looks - lower mids are prominent here. Sony N3ap is somewhat similar but otherwise this sound signature is a new experience for me. I wish more sparkle sometimes.
EST are decently responsive to EQ and for some songs it helps but for others it makes it to bright.
I find that my brain had hard time adjusting for peaky trebble but no problem getting used to low mid centric sound. I don't miss any details.

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #3,542 of 5,204
It's good Pennon has a decent return policy. I wish Empire Ears had, because this is exactly the way feel about LX.
What concerns me is that you appear to be very demanding to mids quality. I'm slowly moving in that direction myself by being spoiled by iems with great executed mid frequency response. Good mids are growing on me as does Roland.
I believe I've mentioned more than once and I will try my best to clarify it now, that lower mids are star of the show with Roland. It works better for Male vocals actually.
Now the treble:

Yes, treble on mid and bass centered tracks feels darker. Roland doesn't sound as airy and open as my Z5 and especially it04(which btw has very intense voice presentation too overwhelming often). So, it's different signature from those as well as er2se kind. Graph doesn't lie. It sounds as it looks - lower mids are prominent here. Sony N3ap is somewhat similar but otherwise this sound signature is a new experience for me. I wish more sparkle sometimes.
EST are decently responsive to EQ and for some songs it helps but for others it makes it to bright.
I find that my brain had hard time adjusting for peaky trebble but no problem getting used to low mid centric sound. I don't miss any details.
how does female voices? Does it have any extension on upper mids and the lower highs to make the female vocal shines? the it04 is more likely a step up for tin t2 pro, huge peak on 8k area, sound so thin and sibilant. I cant even crank up the volume to get the resolution.

edit: sorry.. my preference is really to get spot on since it's hard finding a closed iem with top notch mids and highs. Where the bass is controlled just for the subbass. Im at the state of considering KSE1200 now =.=

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #3,543 of 5,204
OMG! I have the same problems(if you call that problems) with you two! I have allergies (really bad sinuses) like Warriors and I do enjoy NiceHCK NX7 sometimes like you (but it sounds weird with some DAPs) !! Umm that blue cable is tempting. Warriors stop it!!!!
I mean, I'll be able to give some first hand impressions with that cable in a couple weeks. Not sayin', just sayin' :ksc75smile:

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #3,544 of 5,204
@Owludio put good words to some of my thoughts. The treble and bass are most track variable, especially the upper treble (harmonic frequencies) and the bass quantity (not quality). The mids are solid, detailed and consistent, although I don't necessarily find the balance so much mid-centric as mid-consistent.

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #3,545 of 5,204
Today I received Gu.Craftsmans cable intended for Roland which I need to order now sooner than I previously wanted.
My Brainwavs B400 just stopped working, on left side I have about 75% of volume and on right about 50% and no lows. It happened while I was switching between poweramp player and fiio player and playing with the EQ settings. Too bad I really enjoyed that set.
Any recommendations for a beater set?
BTW Gu.Craftsman 8 core copper just screams quality. Unfortunately I don't have any 2pin set at the moment to test it with but look and feel is insane. Perfectly straight, girth, non tangible, gold plated plug, chin slider that works. I believe it's $125 well spent. @warriorpoet thank you for the rec.

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #3,546 of 5,204
Any recommendations for a beater set?
What price range? I'm sure Twiceboss would rec er2se:wink:.
In that price range there are Fiio Fa1 Hawaiibadboy reviewed it on his BGGAR UTC
Simgot EM2:
upload_2019-9-5_11-24-12.png

You can even find something descent around $50. Check BGGAR review of new KZ

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,547 of 5,204
What price range? I'm sure Twiceboss would rec er2se:wink:.
In that price range there are Fiio Fa1 Hawaiibadboy reviewed it on his BGGAR UTC
Simgot EM2:

You can even find something descent around $50. Check BGGAR review of new KZ
Well, er2se is for detail retrieval and not for bass head. You can eq the bass but it will not bleed to mids. You can hear the grain in the vocals since it's really detail. Just beware of the deep insertion.
spoiler: Im returning my La Hire for good and get the KSE1200.

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #3,548 of 5,204
how does female voices? Does it have any extension on upper mids and the lower highs to make the female vocal shines? the it04 is more likely a step up for tin t2 pro, huge peak on 8k area, sound so thin and sibilant. I cant even crank up the volume to get the resolution.

edit: sorry.. my preference is really to get spot on since it's hard finding a closed iem with top notch mids and highs. Where the bass is controlled just for the subbass. Im at the state of considering KSE1200 now =.=
Have u ever demoed the cl2s ?

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #3,549 of 5,204
Have u ever demoed the cl2s ?
no not yet. Not sure if i need another planar. But with this case, since it is a closed planar, it actually a good point to suggest me that. Hmmm...

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #3,550 of 5,204
no not yet. Not sure if i need another planar. But with this case, since it is a closed planar, it actually a good point to suggest me that. Hmmm...
They need some eq ( for me at least, to the 2,5-3,9k range-2 ) but there is absolute zero bass bleed and really awesome vocals

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #3,551 of 5,204
They need some eq ( for me at least, to the 2,5-3,9k range-2 ) but there is absolute zero bass bleed and really awesome vocals
by eq, do you mean increasing or lowering those freqs?

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #3,553 of 5,204
Sep 5, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #3,555 of 5,204
got to read some reviews. It has peak that makes the female vocal veiled. Does it really?
I had CL2. Roland sounds similar to it from low end throughout low mids and about same overall FR (except 2-4k elevation)
Natural sound is what they have in common. Also CL2 had more mid bass. (Very dependent on fit and ear canal shape.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back