FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,881 of 5,204
by any chance, have u ever heard ex800st? to compare the detail retrieval between its brother ex1k

I used to own both, the EX1000 and 800st. To my ears, the EX1000 sounded more detailed, the 800st slightly muffled in direct comparison. Though, I‘d say modern BA drivers like the Andromeda sound even cleaner...
BUT - I am always wondering if „detail retrieval“ really exists in the way some headfiers claim to hear it. To me, the big question is always „are there really more details or is it just the treble tuning (higher pitched)“?
Some people claim they can easily divide the two, but me personally I doubt that. I think there is so much going on psychoacustically....

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #2,882 of 5,204
jim723: So you get the last word and it's time to move on? I had moved on already, and then came you. Plain and simple, I never had a problem with any of my Fiio daps. I've owned the X5iii since 2017 Sorry you or others have had a problem. Now let's move on.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,885 of 5,204
I used to own both, the EX1000 and 800st. To my ears, the EX1000 sounded more detailed, the 800st slightly muffled in direct comparison. Though, I‘d say modern BA drivers like the Andromeda sound even cleaner...
BUT - I am always wondering if „detail retrieval“ really exists in the way some headfiers claim to hear it. To me, the big question is always „are there really more details or is it just the treble tuning (higher pitched)“?
Some people claim they can easily divide the two, but me personally I doubt that. I think there is so much going on psychoacustically....
To my ears, it is definitely less detailed due to veil sound. Even it has some peaky highs, it doesnt retrieve the instrument one by one like i have with isine or even kz zs5. This is definitely not placebo. That's why im worried if the detail retrieval of roland is as actually like ex800st which i dislike. However, i doubt that since it has 2BA to play around at mids and 2EST for the highs.

Still, im wondering because this will cost me a grand.

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #2,886 of 5,204
Please do an impression whenever you (Roland buyer) received your Roland. Waiting to trigger but need some more reviews.

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #2,887 of 5,204
Saving up now to buy the Roland, if it's as good as the EE Valkyrie (auditioned @ CanJam) then it's an absolute 100% winner!

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #2,889 of 5,204
Aug 13, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #2,890 of 5,204
I have the money already but im really picky on things i bought. Im gonna wait a bit more for more reviews.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,891 of 5,204
Could you compare s8p and t800 in terms of stage , instrument seperation and details ?
I did some a-b listening with S8p & t800 today to refresh my memory. Swapped cable on t800 to stock copper. Well... it's tough. S8p has some Fearless magic going there. Smoothness and intensity at the same time. Voices sound so real so alive and instruments are where they supposed to be and intense and alive as well.
Yes, t800 has lower sub bass and seems to get more sparkle at the very high end, giving there more details but I have with it the same problem that I do with Sony ier-m9. Analytical sound that quenches OCD, not lacking anything but magic isn't there. It appears to be more unforgiving, so I will listen from better sources and may change my view but for now t800 is NOT s8p killer.
If U care about full sub bass and can afford, skip both and go for Roland.
Or I can recommend $250 Hidiz Mermaid ms4. Sound of those is magical in the same way like S8p too me + Bass to die for.
I ordered Roland today from Linsoul. So soon will share my impression in more details hopefully.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #2,892 of 5,204
Oh, and S8p also isolate better. T800 is vented!

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #2,893 of 5,204
I did some a-b listening with S8p & t800 today to refresh my memory. Swapped cable on t800 to stock copper. Well... it's tough. S8p has some Fearless magic going there. Smoothness and intensity at the same time. Voices sound so real so alive and instruments are where they supposed to be and intense and alive as well.
Yes, t800 has lower sub bass and seems to get more sparkle at the very high end, giving there more details but I have with it the same problem that I do with Sony ier-m9. Analytical sound that quenches OCD, not lacking anything but magic isn't there. It appears to be more unforgiving, so I will listen from better sources and may change my view but for now t800 is NOT s8p killer.
Or I can recommend $250 Hidiz Mermaid ms4. Sound of those is magical in the same way like S8p too me + Bass to die for.
I ordered Roland today from Linsoul. So soon will share my impression in more details hopefully.
Let me know about Roland!

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #2,894 of 5,204
Do the new models have vent holes in the shells? I would image the models with dynamic drivers would but what about the models with just BA's and electrostatic drivers?
Audiosense T800 using new Knowles vented bass drivers. I however was thinking that they would vent it inside the shell but alas, there is a hole next to the connector and the isolation is not as good as Fearless S8P.
I'm deep inside hoping that Roland, that I just ordered from Linsoul (hope the ship it faster than Drop did my Tin P1), has no venting or at least minimum, and isolate on par with EE Legend X.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,895 of 5,204
Thanks a lot for posting. Happy that i have not jumped to t800 hype train. I somehow had minds that t800 is more analytical and crazy revealing than having this "magic" in sound that makes you to listen it more. So perhaps still fearless there is number one whatever t800 owners will say. Technically i believe t800 is amazing for the price but as a whole not the most magical iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back