FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,851 of 5,204
Wow a hype train for a $1k pair and everyone is jumping:beyersmile: badguy's influence is strong
basically it was about 2 months of me finding an iem that suits my preference. Bought andros and it doesnt fit my preference and the journey begins... -.-

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,852 of 5,204
Wow a hype train for a $1k pair and everyone is jumping:beyersmile: badguy's influence is strong
He seems to be in line with my preferences so I thought what the hell. I was really looking forward to getting either the legend X, Sony Z1r or the QDC Anole VX. If I can get that kind of performance for half the price I think it’s a no brainer.

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,853 of 5,204
Ha!

I loved my S8 Pro and sold them to upgrade to CIEM... Then they released Roland

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #2,855 of 5,204
The new trio are available as custom too for an extra $71 and I think they are actually released in July.
$150 extra for customs, and yes they were released in July, but I had to save additional funds since the Roland is not the same price.

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,857 of 5,204
Is that how much linsoul charges you? That's quite a margin on their official store's price. May be they foward your ear mold for you.
Yes, that is Linsoul's updated CIEM charge, which I politely declined. These won't be my stage monitors, so I'll save the extra coin in this case. :)

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #2,858 of 5,204
Hmmmm. I'm usually an early adopter, but I think I might wait for Gen 2 of these EST hybrids and skip on the Roland for a bit, at least until I hear more opinions. This particular set sounds a little too neutral/sterile for me. I'm not necessarily looking for technical accuracy so much as.... Vividness,i guess?

Me too.. The last couple hype trains I got on did not go so well for me. Technical merits don't always translate into enjoyable music reproduction.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #2,859 of 5,204
@Hawaiibadboy a question before i pull a trigger on a roland. How's the vocal on it? Does it "on your face" DF style? Also, what about detail retrieval and soundstage? Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention, imaging wise too. I do need something can be holographic/pin point imaging.

No to the "on your face" vocals
Detail is exceptional.
Holographic.. On Freebird the part where the crowd is yelling "FREEBIRD" seems to be to my front while Ronnie Van Zant seems to reply from behind me...placing me in the middle which only happens with some sets. The psycho acoustic illusion of space is there.

Aug 12, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #2,860 of 5,204
Detail is exceptional.
Holographic.. On Freebird the part where the crowd is yelling "FREEBIRD" seems to be to my front while Ronnie Van Zant seems to reply from behind me...placing me in the middle which only happens with some sets. The psycho acoustic illusion of space is there.
Thanks for the reply. I might be pulling a trigger this weekend. :)

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #2,861 of 5,204
Detail is exceptional.

Hmmm... That sounds really nice. I've asked earlier but is therr that sub bass feeling you get from the Bravados or is that kind of sacrificed in favour of accuracy? I recently got the Bravados and that visceral bass feeling is addictive. I do find that it can over shadow the mids a bit as you say happens with the Legend X.

Thanks for the review...

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,862 of 5,204
Hmmm... That sounds really nice. I've asked earlier but is therr that sub bass feeling you get from the Bravados or is that kind of sacrificed in favour of accuracy? I recently got the Bravados and that visceral bass feeling is addictive. I do find that it can over shadow the mids a bit as you say happens with the Legend X.

Thanks for the review...
Out of the box the bass is flat with sub bass to 330Hz being a flat shelf with no roll
It takes a 55Hz bump like a boss like the Sony Ex800ST do. You can shake earwax. Audiophile tuned with basshead ability. Rare. I got triggered in a good way

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #2,863 of 5,204
Out of the box the bass is flat with sub bass to 330Hz being a flat shelf with no roll
It takes a 55Hz bump like a boss like the Sony Ex800ST do. You can shake earwax. Audiophile tuned with basshead ability. Rare. I got triggered in a good way
Personally, i dont find ex800st has any good detail retrieval. Would you say Roland detail retrieval is on par with ex800st? Or tons better? Tbh, ex800st has less detail compare to my other iems.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2,864 of 5,204
By "better" , i cant guarantee if it's actually my preference too. That's hard about audio stuff....
I have S8p and it has rolled off lower sub bass below 50Hz not correctable by EQ. So if u care about sub bass, buy hybrid. Also I find ESD Twitter sound in headphones addictive. I'm myself seriously looking at Roland.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,865 of 5,204
I have S8p and it has rolled off lower sub bass below 50Hz not correctable by EQ. So if u care about sub bass, buy hybrid. Also I find ESD Twitter sound in headphones addictive. I'm myself seriously looking at Roland.
I agree the S8P has BA bass, but rolloff? Maybe a teeny tiny bit, but this is NOT sharp rolloff...

S8Pro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back