FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 23, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,176 of 5,204
OK, worried i had missed a new model, they come out so frequently these daze! my DMS is in the mail...hopefully it will get here before fall...
as is the DM7. The Zenith is really great when powered well as you noted with your good gear! its also astounding out of a Calyx M!
The DMS looks really good. I haven't jumped there quite yet..... I have the DM7 on the way though from the Drop preorder. I'm really looking forward to the DM7. I'll have the S8F first though. Not that I'm not really looking forward to the S8F but I have no idea what to expect. I'm going off a rec from one of my good friends that I trust implicitly. OK who am I fooling, I'm extremely excited for the S8F..... :ksc75smile:

I've not listened to the Calyx M. How does it compare to the DX220 and DX200?

May 23, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,177 of 5,204
So I pulled the trigger on the S8F and now I've found out that Fearless released the S12 recently. So what are the differences sound wise between the S8, S10, and S12?

Sound signature wise I like the BGVP DM6s paired with a DX220 and AMP1 MKII. I also like the IMR R1 Zenith and Audeze LCDi-4 paired with the iFi Micro iDSD the most, but these also go well with the DX200.
HBB (@Hawaiibadboy) did reviews of the S8F, S10, and Hyper12... If I haven't forgotten something, he said that for him the S8F was the best of the three. Of course, personal sound sig preference, music genre, IEM fit, hearing health, sound sources, quality of the tracks, etc, will all play a part, so YMMV!!

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #2,178 of 5,204
Happy Future Listening! The Calyx M is an amazing DAP that is only single ended but has immense reservoirs of power w really clean amp It's HBBs go to DAP for personal listening for example! I use it as digital source with class A full size reference sound system As well as earphone testing and listening I haven't heard the new IBasso devices since my DX90 ...but I bet they are great! I don't have any Fearless IEMs yet.. Waiting till their lineup settles down.. But I'm sure the 8F will be quite a delight if you like detail.
I'm more focused on musicality and dynamic drivers or hybrids my favorite IEM is the Oriolus MK2 which is a hybrid
The new Hydra series from same company designers is renowned for bass response or detail depending on which model u choose but is 1250$. So many possibilities... I really think the Zenith v2
Is the best bang for your buck IEM out there right now and Bob has two more models coming out this summer at pre release discount prices but his IEM S become way better with Effect Audio Eros 2 cables or variants ...get a Calyx M if u can find one no longer in production!

May 23, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #2,179 of 5,204
HBB (@Hawaiibadboy) did reviews of the S8F, S10, and Hyper12... If I haven't forgotten something, he said that for him the S8F was the best of the three. Of course, personal sound sig preference, music genre, IEM fit, hearing health, sound sources, quality of the tracks, etc, will all play a part, so YMMV!!
best meme of the day:
im holding out for the S99 which has a built in toaster oven 3drinter
I'm holding out for the S99 which has a built in toaster strudel maker and flosser
And Swiss army knife in a microchip... Actually Oriolus has a twenty driver model out now the Davinci I think which costs near 3K$

May 23, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #2,180 of 5,204
best meme of the day:
im holding out for the S99 which has a built in toaster oven 3drinter

I'm holding out for the S99 which has a built in toaster strudel maker and flosser
And Swiss army knife in a microchip... Actually Oriolus has a twenty driver model out now the Davinci I think which costs near 3K$
Yours is a very strange response, but hey, whatever!!

I would have thought you would like the fact that a reviewer likes and recommends the cheapest of the three offerings... :)

May 23, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #2,181 of 5,204
Yours is a very strange response, but hey, whatever!!

I would have thought you would like the fact that a reviewer likes and recommends the cheapest of the three offerings... :)
Well I'm in a strange mood I guess,!
I'm just slightly overwhelmed by the number of new models rapidly emerging from Fearless with corresponding price increases and more drivers it would be nice for them to go backwards and further perfect existing models like the S4 or S6 that have lower prices I was disappointed in reviews of the Crystal Pearl two driver IEM that wasn't particularly good compared to other companies entry offerings with two bA drivers some custom companies are getting rave reviews for one driver BA new designs that ate very well engineered sorry about my sarcasm about more is better thinking in IEM design bui is true HBB liked the 8f best of all I usually agree with his taste in sound

May 23, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #2,182 of 5,204
Well I'm in a strange mood I guess,!
I'm just slightly overwhelmed by the number of new models rapidly emerging from Fearless with corresponding price increases and more drivers it would be nice for them to go backwards and further perfect existing models like the S4 or S6 that have lower prices I was disappointed in reviews of the Crystal Pearl two driver IEM that wasn't particularly good compared to other companies entry offerings with two bA drivers some custom companies are getting rave reviews for one driver BA new designs that ate very well engineered sorry about my sarcasm about more is better thinking in IEM design bui is true HBB liked the 8f best of all I usually agree with his taste in sound
It certainly appears that the rate of product rollout has quickened... But, I wonder if this actually a faster pace, or if the West is just being exposed to a faster pace of product rollout that is happening in the Chinese market, or a combination? Who knows!

But yeah, wow, my head is spinning as well.

May 23, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #2,183 of 5,204
It certainly appears that the rate of product rollout has quickened... But, I wonder if this actually a faster pace, or if the West is just being exposed to a faster pace of product rollout that is happening in the Chinese market, or a combination? Who knows!

To like car companies coming out with new models all the time as opposed to a company like Subaru improving the same model for 20 years or more

May 23, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #2,184 of 5,204
Happy Future Listening! The Calyx M is an amazing DAP that is only single ended but has immense reservoirs of power w really clean amp It's HBBs go to DAP for personal listening for example! I use it as digital source with class A full size reference sound system As well as earphone testing and listening I haven't heard the new IBasso devices since my DX90 ...but I bet they are great! I don't have any Fearless IEMs yet.. Waiting till their lineup settles down.. But I'm sure the 8F will be quite a delight if you like detail.
I'm more focused on musicality and dynamic drivers or hybrids my favorite IEM is the Oriolus MK2 which is a hybrid
The new Hydra series from same company designers is renowned for bass response or detail depending on which model u choose but is 1250$. So many possibilities... I really think the Zenith v2
Is the best bang for your buck IEM out there right now and Bob has two more models coming out this summer at pre release discount prices but his IEM S become way better with Effect Audio Eros 2 cables or variants ...get a Calyx M if u can find one no longer in production!
I have Bobs R2 Aten on pre order right now. I was so impressed with the R1 Zenith I couldn't pass up the R2. I like an organic warmer sound with a plethora of micro and macro detail. Bob mentioned a hybrid IEM with planar drivers that are coming out in the summer. This IEM is going to be in the $1000 ball park. These look really interesting.

These are interesting options to look at. I've been interested in Oriolus IEMs but haven't gotten to them yet in my audio journey. I haven't heard of the Hydra series. Where can I look at these? I don't see them on Oriolus' website.

It looks like the is a Caylx M on the for sale forum, I may pick it up.

May 24, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #2,185 of 5,204
I have Bobs R2 Aten on pre order right now. I was so impressed with the R1 Zenith I couldn't pass up the R2. I like an organic warmer sound with a plethora of micro and macro detail. Bob mentioned a hybrid IEM with planar drivers that are coming out in the summer. This IEM is going to be in the $1000 ball park. These look really interesting.

These are interesting options to look at. I've been interested in Oriolus IEMs but haven't gotten to them yet in my audio journey. I haven't heard of the Hydra series. Where can I look at these? I don't see them on Oriolus' website.

I have the Zenith, and I also have the R2 on order. But I do draw the line at $1000 IEMs :)

May 24, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #2,187 of 5,204
I wish you the best of Luck, I bought my DM6 from the Seller Linsoul and that came w/ a Defective Non-Working wire/Cable. They wouldn't replace them / warranty it. Instead offer me to spend more money. You can contact the seller and see what they had to say if not, Buy new Cable from Amazon.
Could you please send us your order number so that we can check your case?
If there's something wrong, we will definitely compensate you.

May 24, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #2,188 of 5,204
Can someone walk me through how to communicate with FA for warranty? My cable is loose at the 3.5mm termination and moving the wire around changes the sound. When I noticed it, my listening experience went from "great! awesome!" to "dude I've been listening to this wrong since I got it". It was already amazing but the tiny push-pull and roll of the cable really changed the experience for me. Hoping to get FA to fix the cable cause it sounds amazing.
It is better you contact the seller where you order. If you bought it from Linsoul, please kindly contact us for details.

May 24, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #2,189 of 5,204

do it if you can!!!
Oriolus MK2 (with upgraded cable, or Effect Ares II cable) ranked 7th of all iems on one list from a few years ago. prob no ranked so high now, but it is a TOTL iem in performance out of excellent sources! has texture and tone that is spot on! if you can find one, pick it up. Penonaudio.com may have some still or know where to get one. Penonaudio has an "upgraded MK2 that is a chinese custom product with a very ltd edition cable and blue finish for twice the price. Musicteck.com sells Oriolus products, but no more MK2 available from them, only super expensive multidriver units, or intro level Finischi , which apparently is good but not up to MK2 quality . Musicteck also sells the HYLA lineup which are very limited edition runs., and they even have an open box one. Hydra has a TOTL model which cost several thousand bucks that no one outside of Japan or audio shows has heard. occasionaly there are used HYLAs on the forums, but they dont last long since they are so rare.

The batteries on the Calyx M drain fast, 5 or six hours, and over a few daze when off, a major design issue, but i just keep mine attached to a battery pack and remember to shut it completely off when im done also. its worth the effort. the OS lacks many of the features new DAPs have, but the sound is just wonderful! Good luck hunting these special gears down! hope you find some you can obtain for your listening pleasure!!

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #2,190 of 5,204

You're right. Fearless has been around for quite some time and had an existing lineup but they previously only sold to the local Chinese market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back