FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 21, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,147 of 5,204
Thank you. I'll look for a S8P unit to audition.

Looking at the graph of the unit you have now I'd second the S8P and would probably have some more clarity and definition in that 3khz to 6khz range. I would say your reverbs and guitar overall would sound more natural because of that. But if you are use to that bass on your current set the S8P is the way to go. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with either of these Fearless sets.

May 21, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,148 of 5,204
You can go for effect audio Ares II pure copper to tame the treble a little bit .
Treble comes trough smoother with it in direct comparison ( no night and day difference )

Non need to tame, but I don’t want to risk to take something that enhance the treble.
Stock cable is ok, just need/want a 4.4mm connector, so I put a look on the upgrade cable.

May 21, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,149 of 5,204
Hey guys I'm just about to drop my money on the s6... Firstly can anyone compare the pro and the rui and also I have just bought bgvp dm6 and the treble was just too hot for me, can anyone compare?

May 21, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #2,150 of 5,204
I already have shure846 but I would like to buy a new one from fearless audio which model I should audition. which is better than shure846 or similar level. please advice than you

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,151 of 5,204
Hey guys I'm just about to drop my money on the s6... Firstly can anyone compare the pro and the rui and also I have just bought bgvp dm6 and the treble was just too hot for me, can anyone compare?

I had the DM6 and found the treble to be hot and the mids recessed. I have since purchased the Rui and can safely say that they are way better in all aspects. The treble is not hot and the mids are perfect for me (might be forward for some). You won't regret buying the Rui, it's a great IEM. Happy listening.

May 21, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,152 of 5,204
I had the DM6 and found the treble to be hot and the mids recessed. I have since purchased the Rui and can safely say that they are way better in all aspects. The treble is not hot and the mids are perfect for me (might be forward for some). You won't regret buying the Rui, it's a great IEM. Happy listening.

Thank you .. How do you find the treble? I heard its sparkly a bit forward but non fatiguing which is my main worry.

May 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,153 of 5,204
Thank you .. How do you find the treble? I heard its sparkly a bit forward but non fatiguing which is my main worry.

I am not really good at describing the specifics of the treble but if you listen to it with all other factors (Bass and Mids), the treble is fine. I don't find it too "sparkly".

May 21, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,154 of 5,204
I am not really good at describing the specifics of the treble but if you listen to it with all other factors (Bass and Mids), the treble is fine. I don't find it too "sparkly".
Thanks just trying to get a better picture before I buy as I'm torn between pro and rui... I dont mind the mids coming across a bit forward but fatiguing bright treble is a no for me.

May 21, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,155 of 5,204
No experience with S6Rui but it seems to be a crowd pleaser for overall listening. I’d say it’s more a tasteful V shape just from graphs and descriptions. As for S6Pro it’s just about the flattest most honest in ear I have heard. Now I’ve not been able to demo a ton of high end stuff but these sound very good and honest. It is more geared towards someone looking for studio audiophile sound. Being that bass is there and can even be strong but only if the song calls for it , it may be boring to some I suppose. From what I can gather the S6pro and S8Pro are similar except S8Pro has a boosted bass area. But I am not sure what the use case would be for you.

May 21, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,157 of 5,204
Non need to tame, but I don’t want to risk to take something that enhance the treble.
Stock cable is ok, just need/want a 4.4mm connector, so I put a look on the upgrade cable.
Its not harsh or something with new fearless audio cable. Sounds very good

Let’s call it „cleaner“

May 21, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,158 of 5,204
No experience with S6Rui but it seems to be a crowd pleaser for overall listening. I’d say it’s more a tasteful V shape just from graphs and descriptions. As for S6Pro it’s just about the flattest most honest in ear I have heard. Now I’ve not been able to demo a ton of high end stuff but these sound very good and honest. It is more geared towards someone looking for studio audiophile sound. Being that bass is there and can even be strong but only if the song calls for it , it may be boring to some I suppose. From what I can gather the S6pro and S8Pro are similar except S8Pro has a boosted bass area. But I am not sure what the use case would be for you.

Thanks for your input, to be honest I'm in between as I do generally lean toward a more neutral sig, I use er4xr daily and love the accuracy but being a single micro driver they are not very full sounding a bit 2d which is why I'm looking for a multi ba. This doesn't mean that I'm negative towards a bit of enhancements in the sig though as long as lows aren't effecting mids and the highs are non fatiguing . As I said I am on the fence with both and just trying to gauge others opinions before I choose between the two.

From your descriptions of the pro they sound pretty good

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,159 of 5,204
Its not harsh or something with new fearless audio cable. Sounds very good

Let’s call it „cleaner“

Understood. Thanks :)

May 21, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,160 of 5,204
Well I went ahead and bought the s6 rui and had them built to this shell and faceplate scheme.... Very nice can't wait
TB2nnzxXhOMSKJjSZFlXXXqQFXa_!!75017218.jpg

With no logo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back