FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 13, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #2,026 of 5,204
My friend who had audition all of Fearless line up told me.
S12 is more likely to S8P than S8F. He also said that he doesn't like 8F at all because of the high freq. He likes S12 than 8F. So, no wonder why HBB didn't rec S12.

Sound are subjective for each person. I was like the micro detail 20 years ago but now a day I prefer some smoothness and a little laid back sound.

Anyway, thanks to HBB for his honest review. I really appreciate for his review.

May 13, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #2,027 of 5,204
My friend who had audition all of Fearless line up told me.
S12 is more likely to S8P than S8F. He also said that he doesn't like 8F at all because of the high freq. He likes S12 than 8F. So, no wonder why HBB didn't rec S12.

Sound are subjective for each person. I was like the micro detail 20 years ago but now a day I prefer some smoothness and a little laid back sound.

Anyway, thanks to HBB for his honest review. I really appreciate for his review.

That's a very interesting observation. There's just a few warning bells in the review that scared me off. I'm getting a bit older so I like a little more treble energy.

May 14, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #2,028 of 5,204
Finally :D
FC1590C9-0050-4DD0-9A10-334DE5721465.jpeg

May 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #2,029 of 5,204
Interesting.. I have liked the idea of the Zeus but they're out of my price league. I had Noble Katanas and really liked them but I sold them mostly just to try something else. (maybe a mistake)
I had high hopes for the S12 as a refinement of the S8F. If they would've been easy to sell after trying them I might have gone through with the order but the thought being stuck with a "flagship" I didn't really like... HBB's reviews are good because they focus on actual details of songs rather than generalities and "audio terms." To hear that the cymbals are soft and recessed makes me think that violins are probably going to sound unnatural. Timbre is my big thing an that huge drop in the freq chart means something is going to sound odd even if it is providing some other spatial benefits.
Too much of a gamble for me.. I don't make enough to take one for the team... Ha

I too am a fan of reviews that focus on tracks and how they sound overall with respect to parts within the song. HBB's review of the LX was fairly spot on.

Too bad IEM's don't grow on trees :frowning2:

May 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,030 of 5,204
Yes. I don't actually think anyone was bribed. I just didn't care for them. I thought the Kanas Pro were superior in every way.
Just wondering... :)

I would understand the appeal of the KPE over the DM6 for some. I have them both. I Iike the overall sound from the DM6 better (more full sound, better comfort), but I will say that it seems that at least on some tracks the KPE to me sound more detailed (which was a surprise to me).

Anyway, with so many variables involved (not least of which are personal taste and hearing health), no surprise that there are disparate opinions on various IEMs, whether they cost $150 or $1500...

May 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #2,031 of 5,204
Really like the ACME8 maze design and I'd imagine it delivers nice bass as a result. But that price tag of $1150 seems steep for Chi-Fi. Might as well get EE Nemesis at that point with 2DD for bass.

How is the sub-bass and mid-bass on S8F, is it better than Kanas Pro? Between S8F and S8Pro, S8F likely has better bass right? Also noticed the impedance is drastically different between S8F and S8Pro.
“Price tag seems steep for Chi-Fi”

Sorry, but how does the country of origin play a part in that? Ultimately there is a value that the consumer places on the item. The manufacturer/seller determines how much margin they want from each sale. As long as the consumer and the seller “agree” on the price (value for one, profit for the other) that’s all there is to it. The country of manufacture can help to lower the price because the cost is lower, but the price might not actually come down if buyers value it sufficiently highly and the seller can retain a high price (and seller gets more profit).

May 14, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,032 of 5,204
Just wondering... :)

I would understand the appeal of the KPE over the DM6 for some. I have them both. I Iike the overall sound from the DM6 better (more full sound, better comfort), but I will say that it seems that at least on some tracks the KPE to me sound more detailed (which was a surprise to me).

Anyway, with so many variables involved (not least of which are personal taste and hearing health), no surprise that there are disparate opinions on various IEMs, whether they cost $150 or $1500...

Just got the ex800st. Pretty happy with those. First ones I've liked, as they actually sound like overear with their soundstage and bass impact. They also just fit my ears better. Those we're the 3 issues I had with each iem I tried. Pretty happy with them. Looking to get a balanced cable for them and then I think I'm there... Though would love to hear ex1000.

May 14, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #2,033 of 5,204
Really like the ACME8 maze design and I'd imagine it delivers nice bass as a result. But that price tag of $1150 seems steep for Chi-Fi. Might as well get EE Nemesis at that point with 2DD for bass.

How is the sub-bass and mid-bass on S8F, is it better than Kanas Pro? Between S8F and S8Pro, S8F likely has better bass right? Also noticed the impedance is drastically different between S8F and S8Pro.

Agree, Chi-Fi implies cheap when compared to western alternatives and $1150 is way over the mark.

May 14, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #2,035 of 5,204
Agree, Chi-Fi implies cheap when compared to western alternatives and $1150 is way over the mark.
Hmmm... purposely trying to get reactions?

Logically the origin of something is usually not very relevant to the value a buyer is willing to pay (obviously antiques and collectibles excepted). The origin may give the seller room to play with the price if their costs are low enough, or just keep the profits if the item is in high enough demand even at a higher price.

May 14, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #2,036 of 5,204
Impressions of the symbio w

The seal is perfect
But they are very stiff and you feel the pressure . Final E is way more comfortable

But the sound is really awesome with the symbios!

May 14, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,037 of 5,204
I get the stigma, coming from guitars, but that's an older mindset that is being increasingly proven wrong. On the guitar side, check out Eastman. On the IEM side, it looks like Fearless, Fiio and BGVP are pretty a good bet.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #2,038 of 5,204
Impressions of the symbio w

The seal is perfect
But they are very stiff and you feel the pressure . Final E is way more comfortable

But the sound is really awesome with the symbios!
Sounds like yours are a touch big. I "broke mine in" a bit by treating them like Complys, but was more comfortable with one size smaller.

May 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,039 of 5,204
Sounds like yours are a touch big. I "broke mine in" a bit by treating them like Complys, but was more comfortable with one size smaller.
I have m and L
The m are to small to get a good seal and the L ... see above :D
I will try to „break“ them :)

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #2,040 of 5,204
“Price tag seems steep for Chi-Fi”

Sorry, but how does the country of origin play a part in that? Ultimately there is a value that the consumer places on the item. The manufacturer/seller determines how much margin they want from each sale. As long as the consumer and the seller “agree” on the price (value for one, profit for the other) that’s all there is to it. The country of manufacture can help to lower the price because the cost is lower, but the price might not actually come down if buyers value it sufficiently highly and the seller can retain a high price (and seller gets more profit).
I meant to say that price may be fine for a buyer located in the country of origin, but since I am in the US, I do not see the value proposition of Chi-fi for this model, since they are relatively newer company and likely will not have similar warranty and support options for me as compared to the TOTL manufacturers within US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back