FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #4,997 of 5,204
thanks! nice blue, but the red and blue from earlier was still prettier. I'll convince my cousin to order the red/blue and swap it with my S8Z when it gets here. lol
Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #4,998 of 5,204
I haven't heard the B2 but heard good stuff about them for the money they offer good sound. I can understand with the soundstage but even details and seperation is better on B2 sompared to S8? Are you sure? Which one of the two has the fastest bass attack n decay?

It's been a while since I've heard the Fearless S8P, but yes, it's quicker on the attack and decay than the B2. However, it exhibits "grain" - particularly in the midrange - as a result which some might find undesirable. I'd say they're on equal footing in terms of overall resolving capability with the B2 having a solid edge in imaging.

For anyone wondering about the Tequila, I should have both the Tequila and S8Z coming in soon for review. I've seen the graph, and it's uh, interesting to say the least. It looks like it falls more in-line with Fearless' experimental tunings which generally haven't been received as well. Of course, I'll reserve judgement until l actually hear it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Graph courtesy of @Resolve

IMG_5925.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #4,999 of 5,204
Looks like I have the opportunity to get the S8F for 50% off. That is hard to pass up. I would like a semi custom design, with a red right shell, and a blue left shell. I wonder how best to go about ordering it with Linsoul. I’m afraid of them messing it up, since I can’t customize the right separate from the left. I guess it would be best to provide specific comments with the order? Still, between that and the order refund, tied to the deal with my 11/11 order, there are just so many things that can go wrong. So complicated.
so someone earlier told me to just order the S8F and they will give refund later.
another told me they will send a discount code for 50% off, but only after first order (whose number ended in "6") shipped, and that can very well be after 11.11 event ended.
so I am not sure how to even properly obtain the 50% off. Have you ordered yours yet?

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #5,000 of 5,204
It's been a while since I've heard the Fearless S8P, but yes, it's quicker on the attack and decay than the B2. However, it exhibits "grain" - particularly in the midrange - as a result which some might find undesirable. I'd say they're on equal footing in terms of overall resolving capability with the B2 having a solid edge in imaging.

For anyone wondering about the Tequila, I should have both the Tequila and S8Z coming in soon for review. I've seen the graph, and it's uh, interesting to say the least. It looks like it falls more in-line with Fearless' experimental tunings which generally haven't been received as well. Of course, I'll reserve judgement until l actually hear it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well, that confirms the graph, as it matches the one BGGAR had. I can’t really imagine what it sounds like, with the treble plummeting into nothingness at 7KHz, not even making it to 8KHz.

so someone earlier told me to just order the S8F and they will give refund later.
another told me they will send a discount code for 50% off, but only after first order (whose number ended in "6") shipped, and that can very well be after 11.11 event ended.
so I am not sure how to even properly obtain the 50% off. Have you ordered yours yet?
The 11/11 page states that I would need to order it for full price, then they refund 1/2 price 7 days after the S8 ships. I haven’t ordered it yet, as I want to confirm with them before ordering, I’ve been wanting red right/blue left transparent shells for a while now, but with wooden faceplates. I don’t know which one/s to chose. Ideally wither red/blue matching wood faceplates, or a dark stained natural wood that matches on both sides, with silver branding.

Something like this.
7DB4A8DD-F23C-4B80-AC81-52E39C352A4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #5,001 of 5,204
Well, that confirms the graph, as it matches the one BGGAR had. I can’t really imagine what it sounds like, with the treble plummeting into nothingness at 7KHz, not even making it to 8KHz.

The 11/11 page states that I would need to order it for full price, then they refund 1/2 price 7 days after the S8 ships. I haven’t ordered it yet, as I want to confirm with them before ordering, I’ve been wanting red right/blue left transparent shells for a while now, but with wooden faceplates. I don’t know which one/s to chose. Ideally wither red/blue matching wood faceplates, or a dark stained natural wood that matches on both sides, with silver branding.

Something like this.
7DB4A8DD-F23C-4B80-AC81-52E39C352A4F.jpeg
lemme know if you ordered it. The ones in your pic looks so classy. Not sure if fearless got wooden faceplate like those. its all resin coated from what I saw

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #5,002 of 5,204
Clarification:
This is what Linsoul told me on Discord.

Linsoul: “Hello, congratulations. For Number 6, we will issue you a discount code after your order has been shipped out. You may then use it to purchase the Fearless Roland or Fearless S8 Freedom/Pro at 50% off.“

Me: So I don’t need to order the S8 during the 11/11 event, but can wait until afterwards. Thanks.

Linsoul: Yes, you're right. You're most welcome.

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #5,003 of 5,204
Clarification:
This is what Linsoul told me on Discord.

Linsoul: “Hello, congratulations. For Number 6, we will issue you a discount code after your order has been shipped out. You may then use it to purchase the Fearless Roland or Fearless S8 Freedom/Pro at 50% off.“

Me: So I don’t need to order the S8 during the 11/11 event, but can wait until afterwards. Thanks.

Linsoul: Yes, you're right. You're most welcome.
so they told you the same thing. Sucks because after 11.11, the 10% discount is gone. But I will take discount code rather than refund any day

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #5,004 of 5,204
Same here. I've won the 30% discount on every itmes above the $200 and they told me they will send me a discount code after 11.11, so I will lose the 10% discount... but 30% is very good.

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #5,005 of 5,204

IMG_5925.JPG

I was waiting the review of the Tequila, but maybe I should pull the trigger on S8F then, since I'm looking for the best IEMs for metal in the $500 pirce range. I know that the MEST are the best, but they are triple the price.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #5,006 of 5,204
Used my fearless s8f for the first time in ages. Forgot how awesome they are. Great purchase at 11.11 people

Nov 9, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #5,007 of 5,204
What is the next step above the S8F? I mean in the Fearless tier list.
I've read some reviews of S10 Genie and Hyper S12 but the reviewers weren't enthusiasts.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #5,008 of 5,204
What is the next step above the S8F? I mean in the Fearless tier list.
I've read some reviews of S10 Genie and Hyper S12 but the reviewers weren't enthusiasts.
AFAIK, the S8 is essentially considered the best Fearless model. Some may prefer the signature of the fun S6Rui, or the S6Pro, which is neutrally tuned. The Dawn is also well repected, but is expensive. It seems the more expensive models are “unique” and only some people like their signatures.

Nov 11, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #5,010 of 5,204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back