FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3,676 of 5,204
TE5B is vented. And Roland did indeed isolate very well. And hella comfy at the same time.

I wasn't expecting an upgrade from the Z1R. I was looking for a different hybrid setup. I like trying unique tech and various implementations. That's what interests me in this hobby. "Markedly different implementation and approach to sound, all trying to achieve the same goal." An ideal sound. Whether it's a multi BA, a unique low pass filter, using DD as super tweeter, unique crossover system, piezo electric, estat, single DD, triband, planar, vented, switches, replaceable filters, etc etc. Although I do have my sound preference, I don't mind different sounding IEMs, unless they just sound terrible or are flawed in a major way. And I don't rank IEMs. I think that's pointless as sound is highly subjective and things change depending on my mood or genre of music I'm listening to. Some sound better with rock, while others are more suited to classical or acoustic music. So how do you rank them? Its true there are technically more capable or superior IEMs, but that doesn't mean they always sound better to my liking. However, I do agree to a certain point, higher budget IEMs tend to sound better in general, and are made with better build quality, one of the aspects I value. Lastly, these are reasons why I generally prefer big companies or well established brands, as they have the resources for a bigger R&D to venture out and apply different methods and technologies. There are plenty of good sounding IEMs out there that suits every imaginable taste, but doesn't mean they're unique.

To me, instead of being different, Roland (at least my set) just sounded very wrong. Very subdued, hollow, and distant. Like I said, it could've been a defective unit.

Sorry for a drawn out post. Hope that answered your question.
Thank you! It's unfortunate that your set is defective. Agree with Warriorpoet, this is not at all like Roland sounds. It's opposite of hollow and distant, mids, especially lower - sound prominent and full bodied. Roland is more mid-centric(or balanced, leveled) IEM than z1r, though, like I said earlier, technical performance wise z1r extends better, has more effortless presentation (albeit more aggressive). That said, when I had z1r, some time I couldn't listen to it, while Roland usurped ear-time from even ones that I used to listen on the days when my hearing goes down (like IMR R1z & FH7, LX). So, it would be interesting addition to your collection for sure. This is the kind of sound that I find most universally acceptable than any IEM in my entire experience!
Very accurate and forgiving sound. Not the widest soundstage, not the deepest or strongest bass, not the most extended treble but still...

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #3,677 of 5,204
Oh one more thing, although I said I can't rank IEMs, I do have my favorite set, which at the moment is the HYLA for its immensely enjoyable low end. Once I'm able to only listen to the same 10 songs for the rest of my like, then I can rank them.:L3000:
Interesting, - you have z1r and FH7 in your collection and yet Hyla has the best bass?:thinking:

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,678 of 5,204
Interesting, - you have z1r and FH7 in your collection and yet Hyla has the best bass?:thinking:

Yes. And It is the most fun IEM for me at the moment for sure. FH7s low end is good too, but felt less defined, and not a big fan of their treble. I'm not a big cable guy, but when I tried FH7 with Fiio's 4.4d cable, it sounded too harsh/piercing on most of the tracks I've been listening to (classic rock/vocal). Z1Rs got a really nice low end too,which I thought couldn't be beat, but I personally like the TE5B's low end better. It's punchy, prominent, and it goes deep, yet so well controlled. One thing I like about the Z1R though is it's smoothness and clarity at the same time without sounding harsh. I could listen to it for hours without any fatigue.

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #3,679 of 5,204
Yes. And It is the most fun IEM for me at the moment for sure. FH7s low end is good too, but felt less defined, and not a big fan of their treble. I'm not a big cable guy, but when I tried FH7 with Fiio's 4.4d cable, it sounded too harsh/piercing on most of the tracks I've been listening to (classic rock/vocal). Z1Rs got a really nice low end too,which I thought couldn't be beat, but I personally like the TE5B's low end better. It's punchy, prominent, and it goes deep, yet so well controlled. One thing I like about the Z1R though is it's smoothness and clarity at the same time without sounding harsh. I could listen to it for hours without any fatigue.
Only one question for you. Have you listened to the empire ears legend x? If not, you must, must, must...

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #3,680 of 5,204
Only one question for you. Have you listened to the empire ears legend x? If not, you must, must, must...
I thought u like cl2 the most? haha i dont want to talk about cl2 here! too much source dependent and im just lucky to get a good chain for that set. My endgame so far for closed iem. I almost buy Roland though but still im curious on how it sounds in real life.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #3,681 of 5,204
Prefer Roland to LX. LX is a basshead dream:smile_cat:. Too much even for me. Depending on the song it could be a dream or a nightmare - has nice airy vocals and clean sparkly treble in the roomy well separated stage until... earthquake of LX bass hits. Then - lights out and good buy all of that goodness.:face_palm:

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #3,682 of 5,204
Thank you! It's unfortunate that your set is defective. Agree with Warriorpoet, this is not at all like Roland sounds. It's opposite of hollow and distant, mids, especially lower - sound prominent and full bodied. Roland is more mid-centric(or balanced, leveled) IEM than z1r, though, like I said earlier, technical performance wise z1r extends better, has more effortless presentation (albeit more aggressive). That said, when I had z1r, some time I couldn't listen to it, while Roland usurped ear-time from even ones that I used to listen on the days when my hearing goes down (like IMR R1z & FH7, LX). So, it would be interesting addition to your collection for sure. This is the kind of sound that I find most universally acceptable than any IEM in my entire experience!
Very accurate and forgiving sound. Not the widest soundstage, not the deepest or strongest bass, not the most extended treble but still...
It really is just kind of good at everything. Can't wait until mine get here!

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,683 of 5,204
We know you guys are being concerned about Fearless Roland in terms of the package and the cable.

1. Fearless will send out the new package for all the new orders and all the previous order who have purchased Roland.

2. The new upgraded cable will also be shipped out for previous orders and for new orders it will come with it.

Some explanations for the package, Fearless was working on the package for a long time, but it didn’t finish when the Roland IEM has been finished. It should be our mistake for selling it much earlier before they finished their package.

In terms of this, our Linsoul will also send out gift to all our Roland customers together with Fearless upgraded cable and new package. We are sorry about this concerns and problem that caused to you.

Fearless will make one announcement for the cable and package these two days. We just want to share this news with you.

If any concerns or any ideas, we would like to be very open to discuss with you.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,684 of 5,204

I've always wanted the LX, and I'm certain I'll love it. But the stars have never lined up for me. I definitely need to get my hands on those before production ends. I don't do used for sentimental reasons. Back to the Fearless topic :gs1000smile:

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #3,685 of 5,204
We know you guys are being concerned about Fearless Roland in terms of the package and the cable.

1. Fearless will send out the new package for all the new orders and all the previous order who have purchased Roland.

2. The new upgraded cable will also be shipped out for previous orders and for new orders it will come with it.

Some explanations for the package, Fearless was working on the package for a long time, but it didn’t finish when the Roland IEM has been finished. It should be our mistake for selling it much earlier before they finished their package.

In terms of this, our Linsoul will also send out gift to all our Roland customers together with Fearless upgraded cable and new package. We are sorry about this concerns and problem that caused to you.

Fearless will make one announcement for the cable and package these two days. We just want to share this news with you.

If any concerns or any ideas, we would like to be very open to discuss with you.
Would you please be so kind as to post details of their announcement here? I'm interested to find out why a defective cable would be sent with such an expensive set. What's the excuse? IMHO, I think when a person spends this much money on a product like this, the product should be listened to and tested with the supplied cable, BEFORE leaving the factory. This would ensure better quality control and makes for much happier customers.

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #3,686 of 5,204
This was a situation of a quality vendor allowing people to buy something to get it FAST before the retail packaging and cable was ready. On the one hand it's very nice for a customer that wants a product right after it is released. On the other, the price is high and it might not have been the best idea even though it was done with the best intentions. I for one would not ever hold that against Fearless.

I think anyone that is worried, should not be.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #3,687 of 5,204
Prefer Roland to LX. LX is a basshead dream:smile_cat:. Too much even for me. Depending on the song it could be a dream or a nightmare - has nice airy vocals and clean sparkly treble in the roomy well separated stage until... earthquake of LX bass hits. Then - lights out and good buy all of that goodness.:face_palm:
Get Thor silver 2 for LX and the light keeps on :)

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #3,688 of 5,204
This was a situation of a quality vendor allowing people to buy something to get it FAST before the retail packaging and cable was ready. On the one hand it's very nice for a customer that wants a product right after it is released. On the other, the price is high and it might not have been the best idea even though it was done with the best intentions. I for one would not ever hold that against Fearless.

I think anyone that is worried, should not be. Seriously!
For the chap that did not like the graph/sound of the lahire, DUDE you cannot tell how something sounds from a graph. THAT is on you. Just suck it up and return/sell your pair and move on. Chalk it up to a learning experience for yourself.
Please stop bringing this crap. This is toxic. We settled everything. You look childish now by keep bringing the same again and again.

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #3,690 of 5,204

I think anyone that is worried, should not be. Seriously!
For the chap that did not like the graph/sound of the lahire, DUDE you cannot tell how something sounds from a graph. THAT is on you. Just suck it up and return/sell your pair and move on. Chalk it up to a learning experience for yourself.

What's your definition of quality vendor? This is the total opposite of quality. And you think their decision to push out an unfinished product was on customer's behest/behalf? Get real. Best intentions? you're definitely overreaching. More likely case is they either needed revolving capital to continue to fund and pump out other models, felt pressured to launch as various other estat based IEMs were surfacing on the market, or out of pure greed to make a quick buck. Of course these are all baseless claims and no doubt OPINION of mine. Yet, they seem far more logical than your "best intentions" ideas. What's important is that, it was a conscious business decision on their part. The kind the customers should never ignore or accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back