FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jul 27, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,641 of 5,204
Each iem has 2 cables soldered inside. If they are soldered wrong then you will have issues. Tti fix that you have to reverse cable or fix iem.

No reason from doubt of your words, but I know for sure that HBB s10 is gone out of one his raffle and the guy that received tried to reverse the cable or more than one cable but nothing change in the “weird” sound.

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #2,642 of 5,204
Not to derail the thread, but If anyone is trying to sell their S8Pro or thinking about it, please contact me. I have already posted in the for sale thread, but figured I may get a faster response here.

Considering custom but I want to compare S8pro to freedom first.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #2,643 of 5,204
Not to derail the thread, but If anyone is trying to sell their S8Pro or thinking about it, please contact me. I have already posted in the for sale thread, but figured I may get a faster response here.

Considering custom but I want to compare S8pro to freedom first.
PM'd!

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #2,644 of 5,204
The thing is I still don't get how such an experienced reviewers like Toranku or Crinacle or Hawaibadboy could not figure out "reverse phase" defect. Maybe they never heard such defects previously I dunno, once I had my first experience of reverse phase with Customs back in 2016 I would never missrepresent it with anything else.

The term you're looking for is "out of phase". "Reverse phase" (or polarity) implies that a channel's phase is flipped 180 degrees, but it does not necessarily mean that the channels are "out of phase" (180 degree discrepancy). I am very familiar with this kind of defect and even recently pointed it out for an IEM I received on loaner that I shall not name since it's not the topic of this conversation.

The S10 Genie that I heard was not out of phase. I would know.

Jul 28, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,645 of 5,204

Man... I'm puzzled with the graph of S8P vs. S8F.

Based on the graphs that many posted and hosted, S8P is supposed to have more bass and rumble than S8F.

But, when I audition them and A/B them, its S8F that has more rumble and bass?

Update:

Just saw Crinnacle's graphs, oh they are real similar now, with the difference attesting towards what I've heard.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #2,646 of 5,204
Man... I'm puzzled with the graph of S8P vs. S8F.

Based on the graphs that many posted and hosted, S8P is supposed to have more bass and rumble than S8F.

But, when I audition them and A/B them, its S8F that has more rumble and bass?

Update:

Just saw Crinnacle's graphs, oh they are real similar now, with the difference attesting towards what I've heard.
Yep. I haven't heard the S8P, but I own the S8F and I am pretty sure the S8F FR is closer to the one posted by @crinacle than the one included a few posts ago by @Tkaisr

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,647 of 5,204
Yep. I haven't heard the S8P, but I own the S8F and I am pretty sure the S8F FR is closer to the one posted by @crinacle than the one included a few posts ago by @Tkaisr

Thanks. This comment helps a lot. In most places, one reads how similar S8F and S8P are, the Crinacle chart confirms that, and also the detailed comments about S8F support rather the Crinacle curves than the ones I found here.Also thanks for pointing me to Crinacle. A very useful site.

As I don't have a Fearless dealer in my country, I cannot test them and would be shopping blind (for 500 USD). But now I see I could check out the 1More Triple for sound profile (not resolution of course) esp in bass, and if Iike it, I will order an S8F.

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2,648 of 5,204
Thanks. This comment helps a lot. In most places, one reads how similar S8F and S8P are, the Crinacle chart confirms that, and also the detailed comments about S8F support rather the Crinacle curves than the ones I found here.Also thanks for pointing me to Crinacle. A very useful site.

As I don't have a Fearless dealer in my country, I cannot test them and would be shopping blind (for 500 USD). But now I see I could check out the 1More Triple for sound profile (not resolution of course) esp in bass, and if Iike it, I will order an S8F.

Or if you are willing to take a small loss, put them on the fs boards on here?

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,649 of 5,204
Jul 28, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #2,650 of 5,204
Or buy used?
Yes! Great point, and something anyone looking to delve into something more expensive, should consider. People are always looking to sell their good condition, lightly used gear. Anyone who has spent several hundred dollars or more on their gear, is most likely gonna take real good care of it. There are great deals to be had, if you just be patient and look at some of the used gear/for sale threads here on headfi, or on other websites that sell used gear. I bought a set of Moondrop Kanas PRO back in February from a guy selling them on canuckaudiomart here in Canada, for $145 Canadian. They were only a month old and had about 20 hours on them. Brand new from Amazon's Linsoul store, they would have cost me $308 Canadian. I saved more than half the cost by buying used. More than 20 years ago, I put together a home stereo system worth over $10000 Canadian for around $5000, by purchasing used gear. People in this hobby are constantly switching brands or models, so they are looking to unload stuff that they don't use or doesn't suit their tastes very often and quickly, so they can fund the next piece of kit that they think will give them more joy. Nothing wrong with that. One man's trash, is another man's treasure, as the old saying goes. Used gear is almost always in great shape and can save people alot of money in the end. I buy used whenever I can find it, and I think the price is right.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #2,651 of 5,204
The term you're looking for is "out of phase". "Reverse phase" (or polarity) implies that a channel's phase is flipped 180 degrees, but it does not necessarily mean that the channels are "out of phase" (180 degree discrepancy). I am very familiar with this kind of defect and even recently pointed it out for an IEM I received on loaner that I shall not name since it's not the topic of this conversation.

The S10 Genie that I heard was not out of phase. I would know.

I am sorry but I just can't believe you.

Despite the price difference the sound difference between S8F and S10Genie is not THAT big, one is emphasized in high mids/lower treble and another one is smoothed out there with the same amount of detail. However their sound signature is close to identical only with refinement being different and again - I heard all three and owned S6 and S10.

There is no way you would rate something - A- and D+ with that SMALL difference in sound. Either you really did not care too much about that specific model / you want to follow Badguy agenda or you really believe that they were not out of phase while in fact they were.

There is no other option.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #2,652 of 5,204
I am sorry but I just can't believe you.

Despite the price difference the sound difference between S8F and S10Genie is not THAT big, one is emphasized in high mids/lower treble and another one is smoothed out there with the same amount of detail. However their sound signature is close to identical only with refinement being different and again - I heard all three and owned S6 and S10.

There is no way you would rate something - A- and D+ with that SMALL difference in sound. Either you really did not care too much about that specific model / you want to follow Badguy agenda or you really believe that they were not out of phase while in fact they were.

There is no other option.

I don't want to start a fight, so please stop throwing out such aggressive statements.

Just consider the option that I know how out-of-phase sounds like and also have the means to measure polarity if I wanted to. No need to assume that your perspective is the undeniable truth.

Attachments

• graph (5).png
    graph (5).png
    168.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #2,654 of 5,204
That's no problem with me. I am not going agaisnt anyone's reputation or experience nor I want to start a fight. It's just absolutely the opposite of what I have experienced with them. Another time if anyone anywhere stumbles upon S10 at any place in the world just check the phase as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back