FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 1, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2,673 of 5,204
No, never tried Fearless although very interested in s8f.

I am using qdc Anole v3 and JH 13 (reshelled) among several other IEMs. For DAP I think R6 is the top performer at its price range.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #2,676 of 5,204
I have the hiby r6pro and fearless s8f and it's a great pairing. Single ended and balanced sound as good and single ended is more than enough to drive the fearless w authority.
However, after buying the RHA CL2 I've stopped using the fearless or any other iem for that matter. I also own the UE pro18 gen 3 ciem and I no longer use them. The cl2 have also replaced my over ear closed back oppo pm3 and pioneer sme5
They are that good but require a balanced connection for the power as they are harder to drive than the fearless.

Aug 1, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,680 of 5,204
Lol. This isn't a dap thread but I'll explain quickly. The point of balanced output is that you are able to get more power, nothing to do with noise floor per se. R6Pro has 750mw output into 32ohm out of balanced, which is overkill for sensitive iems. The single ended output is 245mw, which is sufficient. I typically used the balanced for full size headphones or harder to drive iems.

Aug 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,681 of 5,204
Lol. This isn't a dap thread but I'll explain quickly. The point of balanced output is that you are able to get more power, nothing to do with noise floor per se. R6Pro has 750mw output into 32ohm out of balanced, which is overkill for sensitive iems. The single ended output is 245mw, which is sufficient. I typically used the balanced for full size headphones or harder to drive iems.
Yes ... “lol” is right ...

Aug 1, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #2,682 of 5,204
The r6 pro drives the cl2 very well. The original R6 and many other lower tier DAPs simply don't have the power to make it sound right (this holds true for most planars as well).

The S8f on the other hand it's about as easy to drive as they come. Any entry level DAP should have more than enough power.

As for the noise floor difference, hiby has been having a bad track record on the r6 pro of having interference issues. Mine seems unaffected compared to what others are reporting....

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,683 of 5,204
The r6 pro drives the cl2 very well. The original R6 and many other lower tier DAPs simply don't have the power to make it sound right (this holds true for most planars as well).

The S8f on the other hand it's about as easy to drive as they come. Any entry level DAP should have more than enough power.

As for the noise floor difference, hiby has been having a bad track record on the r6 pro of having interference issues. Mine seems unaffected compared to what others are reporting....

Just an observation... Aren't noise floor and interference two different things? The noise floor is the hissing that you get even when the R6 Pro is far away from everything else, while interference is what you get when close enough to other signal sources...

My R6 Pro has interference issues if it is within 3-6 inches of my phone or tablet, otherwise it is pretty interference free. As to noise floor, I have no issues with "normal" IEMs, but like others have reported I get a bit of hiss with sensitive IEMs (for example, my S8F).

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #2,684 of 5,204
Would it be recommended to get a DAP with spotify streaming instead of a pure DAP? :beyersmile:

I'm poor and minimalistic (because of being poor)....so yeah, phone + ES100 + IEM + balanced (for the look)

Since I'm always on the go, I couldn't tell much difference in DAP anyway and that's one more device to carry :)

But to answer your question...yes...

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #2,685 of 5,204
I'm poor and minimalistic (because of being poor)....so yeah, phone + ES100 + IEM + balanced (for the look)

Since I'm always on the go, I couldn't tell much difference in DAP anyway and that's one more device to carry :)

But to answer your question...yes...

Nothing wrong with that config!

I have an R6 Pro, yet often I simply go around with my phone and ES100 as well.

I think I will save my R6 Pro to be my office setup - high drive strength coupled with 2.5mm to XLR adapter means I should be able to drive some of my closed back headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back