FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,626 of 5,204
Jul 26, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #2,628 of 5,204
46F21CB7-3B12-437F-8560-B6A01FCDF8E1.png
Dear all, thank you for this thread. I've read all pages, but am still left a bit puzzled.

I am considering buying an IEM for listening to pop/electronic/classical/rock music. I am no audiophile, my ears are able to tell a high-compression codec from a low-compression, but I am unable/untrained to hear lossless vs lossy.

Today I have a CIEM 1964-V3 (I wanted good isolation for travel) where I lack a bit of bass, and just this week got a NiceHCK NK10 (where I am amazed by the increased resolution, but they really lack bass very much - for my preferred sound). My DAP is Fiio X5-ii.

As I am looking for a fun sound (so rather V-shape), I stumbled upon S6Rui, S8F, S8P and S10 (I understand the pricing differences). My confusion is that:

S6Rui seems to be the right curve. S8 should offer a better resolution, but the similar curve to Rui seems to be S8Pro - not the S8Freedom. As per the FR curve, S8P should also have more bass than S8F. But the experiences in the thread discuss the opposite.

I tried consolidating the various FR curves in one pic (it's Powerpoint, please excuse inaccuracies).

Could someone who's heard the all please elaborate? Thanks. BR Tomas

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,629 of 5,204
A guy on my work is named Roland .. and he’s a .... real .... dumbass ...
LOL!

I'm at the point with my S8P, I'll probably sell them and get them in CIEM. You can call me a Fearless believer...

...even if the name is stupid :sweat_smile:

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #2,630 of 5,204
Dear all, thank you for this thread. I've read all pages, but am still left a bit puzzled.

I am considering buying an IEM for listening to pop/electronic/classical/rock music. I am no audiophile, my ears are able to tell a high-compression codec from a low-compression, but I am unable/untrained to hear lossless vs lossy.

Today I have a CIEM 1964-V3 (I wanted good isolation for travel) where I lack a bit of bass, and just this week got a NiceHCK NK10 (where I am amazed by the increased resolution, but they really lack bass very much - for my preferred sound). My DAP is Fiio X5-ii.

As I am looking for a fun sound (so rather V-shape), I stumbled upon S6Rui, S8F, S8P and S10 (I understand the pricing differences). My confusion is that:

S6Rui seems to be the right curve. S8 should offer a better resolution, but the similar curve to Rui seems to be S8Pro - not the S8Freedom. As per the FR curve, S8P should also have more bass than S8F. But the experiences in the thread discuss the opposite.

I tried consolidating the various FR curves in one pic (it's Powerpoint, please excuse inaccuracies).

Could someone who's heard the all please elaborate? Thanks. BR Tomas
Interesting... if you go to Crinnacle’s graph comparison tool and load up the S6R, S8F, and S8P you get a result that shows the S8P and S8F are nearly identical. The biggest differences among the three are in the upper treble region and it is the S6R that deviates (has lower treble) from the other two. In the bass and sub-bass region the three IEMs are indistinguishable (and yes, spl normalized at 1KHz so easier to compare)

So we have a ground truth question... before we can answer your question we need to determine which graphs are the more accurate...

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #2,631 of 5,204
64B85578-AB07-46CE-A1D7-44DF4CE81691.png
Interesting... if you go to Crinnacle’s graph comparison tool and load up the S6R, S8F, and S8P you get a result that shows the S8P and S8F are nearly identical. The biggest differences among the three are in the upper treble region and it is the S6R that deviates (has lower treble) from the other two. In the bass and sub-bass region the three IEMs are indistinguishable (and yes, spl normalized at 1KHz so easier to compare)

So we have a ground truth question... before we can answer your question we need to determine which graphs are the more accurate...

I think I was using charts from within this thread, I suppose they were all measured by HBB. Chances are I didn't put them together correctly, but logic tells me I did well (normalize at 1khz and ensure volume amplitudes are at same scale).

But regardless of my comparison (correct or not), could someone who heard them all please summarize/compare- ideally with regards to how they perform in non-rock/non-hiphop music? So classical (Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak, Orff, Puccini...), pop 80-00s (C Dion, L Fabian, N Merchant, D Mode, M Jackson, G Michael, Queen, R Stewart, millions of others...), electronic (JM Jarre, T Dream, )?

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #2,632 of 5,204

Definitely isn't that graph. Why does it looks like bunch of straight lines connected together? Resolution is low. Also, 1964 V3 sucks, I used to have one and bass was bloated. It just wasn't a good sounding custom, but an affordable custom back in the days.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #2,633 of 5,204
Definitely isn't that graph. Why does it looks like bunch of straight lines connected together? Resolution is low. Also, 1964 V3 sucks, I used to have one and bass was bloated. It just wasn't a good sounding custom, but an affordable custom back in the days.

It is a bunch of straight lines, all made in Powerpoint, over inserted images. Inaccurate, but gives an idea.

Thanks for the V3 opinion.

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,634 of 5,204
I think that whoever is in charge for Fearless manufacturing process should be fired.

I have just checked Fearless Audio S10 review from Crinacle -

https://crinacle.com/2019/07/26/cliffnotes-fearless-audio-lineup-basics-eccentricities/

The tuning of S10 Genie is as if they’re trying to do something also diffuse field-ish with their 2-6k gain but ending up with something that’s totally unique

They did not try to do anything. There is some lousy guy who does not care about product he makes and also noone else actually cares about final product quality you get.

How could they continue manufacturing "Inverted Phase" IEMs for 6 months straight?

Badguy got inverted phase

I received inverted phase

I did not want to mention this but I went to local shop in Moscow to check their new S10 sample which they got early July to compare with my own. Guess what? - INVERTED PHASE.

Now Crinacle in other end of the world listens to them with inverted phase thinking it's some "diffuse field tuning".

The guy who makes this specific model should be fired....

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,635 of 5,204
No jokes guys, I have not met a single company who kept making factory defective IEMs for over half a year and does not give a single crap about it. They don't even both why almost similar signature wise 6RUI/8F/8P/S10 are always so "strange" about S10. They don't even care and that's for 700 USD. Never seen such attitude for so much money. Like they don't care at all about their reputation.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,637 of 5,204
Is my personal experience of sending back S10 for repair does not count? Do you think I made up my listening in russian rocal shop? Read a couple posts before, there is my review, find messages from May, I wrote that I got defective pair.

The thing is I still don't get how such an experienced reviewers like Toranku or Crinacle or Hawaibadboy could not figure out "reverse phase" defect. Maybe they never heard such defects previously I dunno, once I had my first experience of reverse phase with Customs back in 2016 I would never missrepresent it with anything else.

If Fearless had MMCX then it would be hard to figure out, but they have 2-pin, just go on and put one earpiece cable reversed and woula - you have S10 fixed.

If you have S6RUI or S8F and want to figure out how Crinacle or Badguy heard S10 you can simply insert one 2-pin cable earpiece reversed. That's how they hear S10.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #2,640 of 5,204
Is my personal experience of sending back S10 for repair does not count? Do you think I made up my listening in russian rocal shop? Read a couple posts before, there is my review, find messages from May, I wrote that I got defective pair.

The thing is I still don't get how such an experienced reviewers like Toranku or Crinacle or Hawaibadboy could not figure out "reverse phase" defect. Maybe they never heard such defects previously I dunno, once I had my first experience of reverse phase with Customs back in 2016 I would never missrepresent it with anything else.

If Fearless had MMCX then it would be hard to figure out, but they have 2-pin, just go on and put one earpiece cable reversed and woula - you have S10 fixed.

If you have S6RUI or S8F and want to figure out how Crinacle or Badguy heard S10 you can simply insert one 2-pin cable earpiece reversed. That's how they hear S10.
Is this issue only with the s10 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back