FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jun 12, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #2,356 of 5,204
I found the perfect cable for the S8 Freedom. The Lunashops 4 in 1 Plug 8 cores 99.99% Pure Silver Earphone Cable. IMO it is the perfect pairing with the S8F. So smooth and extremely detailed with no sibilant mess. Plus it is so soft and supple with no microphonics.

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=6256

I'm in love with those blue shells.
I found the perfect cable for the S8 Freedom. The Lunashops 4 in 1 Plug 8 cores 99.99% Pure Silver Earphone Cable. IMO it is the perfect pairing with the S8F. So smooth and extremely detailed with no sibilant mess. Plus it is so soft and supple with no microphonics.

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=6256

Yeah I use them for my Solaris and r1 zenith . The acme at the moment with spin fits
I'm in love with your blue faceplate/shells. The cable looks great with them. What is the Dap you show?

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #2,358 of 5,204
My take on the Fearless S4. Cheers! :)

photo_2019-06-10_17-42-51-2-1.jpg

Jun 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2,360 of 5,204
Unfortunately guys I have had to put up my s6 rui for sale. The nozzles turned out to be just a little to long and wide for my small ears and caused me some discomfort , totally gutted as these are fantastic iems and in no way the rui fault.. Truly gutted.​

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #2,361 of 5,204
To my ears they sounded just a little different. Not sure if the s8f is an upgrade. While the S8 is amazing, the peak in the upper midds might bother some ears. The rui is definitely an excellent iem that is very smooth and good for long listening. For me was hard to tell them apart in the bass and lower midds. I ended up gifting the Rui to my nephew because didn’t need both but it was a tough choice. You can’t go wrong with neither of them. Oh, and consider that the S6 slightly smaller so fit might be easier for people with smaller ears

Thanks! No wonder that most comments on this thread stated that they don't really sound different. A miniscule difference maybe. Tough decision indeed.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,363 of 5,204
Anyone who has heard the s8pro and s8f, can you speak to their presentations when it comes to complex fast music? I saw a reddit thread from someone who lostens to alot of metal as i do, who stated the s8pro worked better than the 8f for music like between the buried and me and such. I listen to a ton of different music but alot of tech death and prog metal where this wpuld be extremely important to know the differences. It came down to the 8f not being able to keep up with complex passages as well as the 8f.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #2,364 of 5,204
Anyone who has heard the s8pro and s8f, can you speak to their presentations when it comes to complex fast music? I saw a reddit thread from someone who lostens to alot of metal as i do, who stated the s8pro worked better than the 8f for music like between the buried and me and such. I listen to a ton of different music but alot of tech death and prog metal where this wpuld be extremely important to know the differences. It came down to the 8f not being able to keep up with complex passages as well as the 8f.

I'm in the same train, can't decide between the s8f or s8p, I feel like the s8p will be better for the music that I listen to (Prog/Metal/Rock) but recently I ordered the Moondrop A8 in Massdrop and for all the reviews that I read looks like a better option.

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #2,366 of 5,204
@Hawaiibadboy I just watched your top chifi for June video. Do any of those IEMs have better bass than Fiio FH7? Also, does ACME8 have better/more bass than FH7? Thanks!

ACME8 has better bass.
FH7 with screen removed clears up haze (why do they impede frequencies that reflect/react to obstacles differently with a single screen?) The 3 and 4 bore pro monitors do not do that for a reason. Protecting against ear wax seems like a ridiculous reason (I have clean ears)

I might update my list due to the TinHiFi P1 knocking my socks off with Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" Replay (among others)...WOW!

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #2,367 of 5,204
ACME8 has better bass.
FH7 with screen removed clears up haze (why do they impede frequencies that reflect/react to obstacles differently with a single screen?) The 3 and 4 bore pro monitors do not do that for a reason. Protecting against ear wax seems like a ridiculous reason (I have clean ears)

I might update my list due to the TinHiFi P1 knocking my socks off with Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" Replay (among others)...WOW!

Thanks, ACME looks interesting! Good to know removing screen on FH7 opens the sound up better.

Hope you also get the Empire Ears Valkyrie soon, will be interesting to see how the piezo+DD+BA setup performs compared to Legend X. Cool, planar tech in P1! Looking forward to more comparisons of TinHiFi P1. Love your work

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,368 of 5,204
Unfortunately guys I have had to put up my s6 rui for sale. The nozzles turned out to be just a little to long and wide for my small ears and caused me some discomfort , totally gutted as these are fantastic iems and in no way the rui fault.. Truly gutted.​
I'm in the same boat. Trying to figure out if any tips will save me from selling off my S8F. It's really unfortunate.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #2,369 of 5,204
I'm in the same boat. Trying to figure out if any tips will save me from selling off my S8F. It's really unfortunate.
Try using a larger tip with shallow insertion. You don't need to be directly touching the brain. :wink:

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2,370 of 5,204
even though I have put up for sale I am also still trying to salvage, I have found so far using a tip that's not so thick silicone and letting them stick out a little more has helped, they are still for sale but whilst up I am going to try them today and see how it goes as I love the audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back