FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jun 7, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #2,326 of 5,201
Crystal Pearl very good fit for small ears.
Ok...duely noted. But I was asking about the S6RUI in particular. I don't think the Pearl is an overall upgrade to the KPE, IMHO. More of a side grade. But thanks for your input!

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #2,327 of 5,201
I know you have been worried about the fit in your ears... what do you think now that you have them?

I'd like to know too! These are top of my list now, and I still have issues about fit. So far, my KanasPro have been a good fit, and also my KZ ZS10 PRO. I like smaller shells with long nozzles (Giggidy!). Do the S6RUI have a good fit for small, deep ears?

I have pretty small ears and the sf8 unfortunately would definitely have been too big for me, the rui are still on the limit but I wore them for hours straight last night without issues, not as comfortable as dm6 they are awesome but close. IMG_20190607_063432.jpg

While I'm here I will drop a few thoughts on the rui and the M11 although both not really had time to settle, firstly the M11 wow! what a device I like it as much as my Dx200 amp8 for audio although they a both doing it differently, m11 more neutral and dynamic, fantastic stage and detail levels, it's a marvel at its price easily outstrips x7ii in my eyes. Dx200 amp8 is maybe a bit more organic and laid back lovely tone I couldn't call which I prefer because I like things about both of the sigs The Fiio spec, and usability make the 200 look like an antique though, 500 dollars for this is a no brainer.
The rui are excellent more or less what I was looking for, I'm an er4xr fan for there accuracy but they sound a bit too 2d and flat obviously being a single micro ba, I wanted something that didn't necessarily have to be so flat but had similar tonality and accuracy but with a more fuller sound, the rui are simply that, they remind me of the er4xr in a way but with more low end, the etys are a little more acurate though but that really is there job. Lows are thick and fast, mids, vocals are a joy lovely tonality, top end is leaning to the brighter side but not fatiguing with nice sparkle and resolution.
Together they make a killer combo but maybe not for those who prefer a bit more of a relaxed listen. It's dynamic in your face but so good.
Kudos to @Hawaiibadboy here as I went with both from his rec and quite frankly I think both are more or less how he's calling it... Thanks dude.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,331 of 5,201
Took some better picks of the rui, man the build on these things is exceptional , m11 in the frame too
Yeah, that setup looks soooooo dope! I really like the wood outers. Reminds me of the cups a dude used to do about 15 years ago here on headfi, with Cocobolo wood for Grado headphones. I dont remember his name or his company, but they looked awesome at the time. Nice set, and I hope you are enjoying them with your M11. I want that DAP to use with my current iems and even my over ears, like Takstar Pro82. Your setup makes me want to buy the S6Rui.

Jun 9, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #2,333 of 5,201
Awesome setup!!

Yeah, that setup looks soooooo dope! I really like the wood outers. Reminds me of the cups a dude used to do about 15 years ago here on headfi, with Cocobolo wood for Grado headphones. I dont remember his name or his company, but they looked awesome at the time. Nice set, and I hope you are enjoying them with your M11. I want that DAP to use with my current iems and even my over ears, like Takstar Pro82. Your setup makes me want to buy the S6Rui.
thanks guys I'm pretty pleased with the finish and they pair great with the M11... Just waiting on my 4.4 two pin cable to open these babies up a bit as I only had 4.4 mmcx...loving them though and worth every penny, so much so I may even end up going custom with them.
I find it hard having small ears to find decent fit with multi driver and also the sig I like, too many are too dark for my tastes but these have just the right amount of low end lift and Mids not too warm or muddy, I said they remind me of etys but really it's in the sense they are very clean sounding.. They and the m11 have started to settle and I'm enjoying them more and more, don't think you could get a much better pairing pound for pound.

Jun 9, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #2,335 of 5,201
Is there any background noise when pairing s6 rui with fiio M11? I own rui and it has lot of noise when pairing with my current dac/amp.

No but I did think the M11 had hiss when I first tried it, but what actually was going on was it was picking up hiss on poorly mastered recordings, play decent masters it's pretty dead quiet

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,336 of 5,201
Just to confirm, the S8f is just an improved version of S6rui right? Same sound signature but with subtle improvements?
To my ears they sounded just a little different. Not sure if the s8f is an upgrade. While the S8 is amazing, the peak in the upper midds might bother some ears. The rui is definitely an excellent iem that is very smooth and good for long listening. For me was hard to tell them apart in the bass and lower midds. I ended up gifting the Rui to my nephew because didn’t need both but it was a tough choice. You can’t go wrong with neither of them. Oh, and consider that the S6 slightly smaller so fit might be easier for people with smaller ears

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,337 of 5,201
To my ears they sounded just a little different. Not sure if the s8f is an upgrade. While the S8 is amazing, the peak in the upper midds might bother some ears. The rui is definitely an excellent iem that is very smooth and good for long listening. For me was hard to tell them apart in the bass and lower midds. I ended up gifting the Rui to my nephew because didn’t need both but it was a tough choice. You can’t go wrong with neither of them. Oh, and consider that the S6 slightly smaller so fit might be easier for people with smaller ears
I recommend the Acoustune AET07 tips to go with the S8F.

Jun 10, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #2,339 of 5,201
Thanks! Are going to review the s8f?
From what you described, I figured that AET07 would be the most ideal for you to tone the upper midrange down. Are you using the stock green bore tips? I will be reviewing the S8F.

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #2,340 of 5,201
Is there anyone that still finds the CA andromeda an upgrade, or better, than the 6rui/8f? Im looking mainly for timbre accuracy as well as detail and separation. Also speed since i listen to alot of tech metal and prog rock/metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back