FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,221 of 5,204
A little update - I still await for repair of my Fearless S10 which came with reversed polarity defect. Another thing is that now we have a retailer in Russia who has all Ferless lineup - so far the consensus between severall people and shop owner that Fearless S10 are the best from the whole Ferless lineup in terms of pure sound. S8F are too harsh, S6RUI more mild but still a bit bright, S8P are nice but still S10 are better than all of these. I still consider that HBB got the broken pair since S10 are everything S6RUI has but done properly right and better in every area. The same way FR graph says. I will make a full review and direct comparison of S10 to 8 and 6 BA models once I receive them.

Could you not just switch polarity of cable? With repairs to iems I figure the company should send new instead of repair.

May 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #2,222 of 5,204
A little update - I still await for repair of my Fearless S10 which came with reversed polarity defect. Another thing is that now we have a retailer in Russia who has all Ferless lineup - so far the consensus between severall people and shop owner that Fearless S10 are the best from the whole Ferless lineup in terms of pure sound. S8F are too harsh, S6RUI more mild but still a bit bright, S8P are nice but still S10 are better than all of these. I still consider that HBB got the broken pair since S10 are everything S6RUI has but done properly right and better in every area. The same way FR graph says. I will make a full review and direct comparison of S10 to 8 and 6 BA models once I receive them.
did you hear the acme8 ?

May 27, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #2,223 of 5,204

how about hypers12?

May 27, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #2,224 of 5,204
We don't have hypers12. Polarity issue still should be fixed since it affects resale and aftermarket cables in a bad way. I don't know what are they going to do. Probably they will remake only one IEM. I have not heard ACME8 and compared only with "classic" lineup. I will try to compare with ACME8 once I visit this shop in a month.

May 27, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #2,226 of 5,204
What does it mean “with Y2K tuning”? I have seen a video showing the Y2K tuning system, but what I am asking is if this is customized sound to appeal to a specific engineer at Penon, or if somehow they tune this per user?
That's mean you have to go to local shop or Fearless dealer and audition Y2K and try the setting on Y2K.
Afrer you have the setting you like. Fearless will make an iem with your setting.

May 27, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #2,227 of 5,204
That's mean you have to go to local shop or Fearless dealer and audition Y2K and try the setting on Y2K.
Afrer you have the setting you like. Fearless will make an iem with your setting.
i think penon tuned this iem with the Y2K. thats the meaning

May 28, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #2,229 of 5,204
...if that the case.
I don't see how we get the benefit of the tuning.

I think you're right. Its Penon tuned. In that case you pay for premium price (that you can tune) but someone else tuned that for you.
I just asked :)

Answer:

hi, dear friend

thanks for your email .

ACME10 is customized for exclusive Y2K sound tuning. in the store ,Y2K is used for self-tuning to make IEM. In addition to ACME10, there are S10, electrostatic mixing 8 drivers in total three models. ACME10 is Y2K's highest level tuning manufacturing IEM. At present, fearless will not sell it themselves. Therefore, we have chosen our favorite tuning to sell it . This is Penon Audio's exclusive Y2K-ACME10. In the future, other stores may also sell their own favorite tuning.

We have arranged the review for ACME10 and will release it later.

Best regards

May 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #2,230 of 5,204
Another thing is that now we have a retailer in Russia who has all Ferless lineup - so far the consensus between severall people and shop owner that Fearless S10 are the best from the whole Ferless lineup in terms of pure sound. S8F are too harsh, S6RUI more mild but still a bit bright, S8P are nice but still S10 are better than all of these. /QUOTE]

I for one would appreciate hearing how an IEM is configured when its quality is being criticized or praised. Ear tips, and some believe cables, may effect the perception of the IEM. What was the source? I can accept that my S8F may have sounded harsh but under what conditions?

May 29, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #2,231 of 5,204
Dunno if anyone's already mentioned this, but the the S line now seems to be shipping with 3 pairs of extra eartips and a "phone case" (not sure what that entails, probably just a hard case), no cleaning tool. At least, according to an Amazon Linsoul representative. Probs just an adjustment to account for the rapid influx of orders they're probably getting after getting rec'd lol. Also, the price for some of the line off Amazon is higher (I'm looking at the S8F which is $550 as opposed to $490 MSRP), but it doesn't seem to go up any higher with the color scheme I requested, so it seems like you can just pay through Amazon without having to do extra PayPal for that level of customization, though it is cost-inefficient for anyone not customizing.

May 29, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #2,232 of 5,204
Quick question, what was the experience like for shipping? My order of the S8P shipped today, but DHL tracker says the order number doesn't work...? Should I wait a couple days and try to track again, or email the linsoul tech support? Could just be my impatience.

May 29, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #2,233 of 5,204
Yes, usually in about 2/3 days the tracking starts work. It’s ok.

May 29, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #2,234 of 5,204
Quick question, what was the experience like for shipping? My order of the S8P shipped today, but DHL tracker says the order number doesn't work...? Should I wait a couple days and try to track again, or email the linsoul tech support? Could just be my impatience.

i got this with my upgrade cable from linesoul too, they use a china post service to bring your order to DHL. i takes around 3 days to arrive at dhl hongkong after that
your number should work.
@penon the dhl number worked instantly. so i was afraid too at the beginning

May 29, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,235 of 5,204
Today i tried the Spin fit cp145 with the acme8 .also I decided to remove the screens ( mesh ) . They take away some of the darkness from the sound signature . Sounds very good with them .
Bass impact is the same as with final e . But with the finals the hole sound signature is little bit darker.
Like it very much with the Spin fits .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back