Fake Alert: Sennheiser IE7
Jul 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #76 of 122
I have compared a pair of fake and a genuine CX500. the difference is pretty big. the fake sound thin, muddy bass that covers up the mid and high. The genuine set sound much crisper with that low deep bass. the mid is emotional and the high is clean. hehehehe8888, can you please tell me where did you buy those "genuine ie8" for $130, i have a friend that lives there and I might be able to ask him to buy it for me.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #77 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have compared a pair of fake and a genuine CX500. the difference is pretty big. the fake sound thin, muddy bass that covers up the mid and high. The genuine set sound much crisper with that low deep bass. the mid is emotional and the high is clean. hehehehe8888, can you please tell me where did you buy those "genuine ie8" for $130, i have a friend that lives there and I might be able to ask him to buy it for me.

Dude give me pm..

By the way forget about the CX series, the market are full of fake and the black market dont even bother to smuggle those out, maybe due to low profit level? but i did seen some high grade fake, they cost just USD$10 bucks, SQ is better than those retailed 20-30 bucks major brands phones.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #78 of 122
Yes those fake cx earphone are good deal when you considering how they sound. It is just wrong to make them and people bash them.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #79 of 122
ok guys. If you want really cheap IE7s I would recommend you to fly from Stansted Airport to X. The retail at the new ADD+ store for around 87 Pounds. My brother bought a pair and yes, I am certain that they are real.
Has anyone else bought them there?

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #80 of 122
I have a pair of the counterfeit IE7's sitting in front of me.

I'll post some pictures later.

But here's some details for those who are curious:

- Packaging from the outside looked legit. Nice box, looked pretty good.

- Several tips missing. Came with 1 pair of large double flange, THREE pairs of medium double flange, 1 pair small double flange, 1 pair large single flange. no small/medium single flange. no foamies.

- Cable is twisty and a mess. Felt it was going to break when taking the IEM's out of the box.

- The IEM's themselves look convincing.

- ear hooks included. no cleaning tool to be found.

- THEY SOUND TERRIBLE. oh god. someone shoot me. I use jvc ha-fx66's as my "around the town beaters" since they are only $20 to replace and decent, and the counterfeit IE 7's can't even come close to them. The fake 7's have no high end, the mids are terrible, and the low end is muddy.

all in all, very entertaining!

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #81 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by weendex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- Several tips missing. Came with 1 pair of large double flange, THREE pairs of medium double flange, 1 pair small double flange, 1 pair large single flange. no small/medium single flange. no foamies.

- Cable is twisty and a mess. Felt it was going to break when taking the IEM's out of the box.

- THEY SOUND TERRIBLE. oh god. someone shoot me. I use jvc ha-fx66's as my "around the town beaters" since they are only $20 to replace and decent, and the counterfeit IE 7's can't even come close to them. The fake 7's have no high end, the mids are terrible, and the low end is muddy.

eBay or what?

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #82 of 122
Quote:

Have u compared it with an authentic ie7?

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #84 of 122
Quote:

I really think that weendex and I bought fakes from the same vendor off of eBay. I can't confirm this because he hasn't answered a pm. Mine had the same accessory list as well as muddy bass, thin/tinny mids and no treble to speak of. I only paid around $50 US, while others paid over $100 for theirs.

Instead of wanting someone to shoot me, I decide to cook them hard for a few days. After around 150 hours of really loud freq sweeps, pink noise and Zune collection repeats, I have a very warm sounding set of light, apparently well-built IE7 fakes that have a great expansive soundstage and really smooth mids and lows. They are lacking in sparkle but I'd have to say that the treble is only subdued. It's there, but it's not a strong point. Isn't that typical of IE7s in general?

I'm still cooking them, but they are worth $50 right now!

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #85 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think that weendex and I bought fakes from the same vendor off of eBay. I can't confirm this because he hasn't answered a pm. Mine had the same accessory list as well as muddy bass, thin/tinny mids and no treble to speak of. I only paid around $50 US, while others paid over $100 for theirs.

Instead of wanting someone to shoot me, I decide to cook them hard for a few days. After around 150 hours of really loud freq sweeps, pink noise and Zune collection repeats, I have a very warm sounding set of light, apparently well-built IE7 fakes that have a great expansive soundstage and really smooth mids and lows. They are lacking in sparkle but I'd have to say that the treble is only subdued. It's there, but it's not a strong point. Isn't that typical of IE7s in general?

I'm still cooking them, but they are worth $50 right now!

Haha. nice. The guy I got mine from gave me a full refund and I got to keep the Fake-E7's... But even still I'm not exactly sure if they are worth $0 ! I guess they are for the entertainment value.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd recommend putting in a claim and try to get your money back. After all you were sold illegal counterfeit goods. I refused to ship it back, since I wasn't going to partake in the international counterfeit trafficking! haha

I'll try to burn mine in and see if they can step up against some old JVC/Sony's. Would love to do a side by side with real IE7's.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #86 of 122
Sep 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #89 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by cainath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered these from ebay this morning.
Do you think they are fake. I sent a note to the seller to cancel the transaction after i saw this forum and couple of other forums about this on this website

NEW Boxed Sennheiser IE7 IE 7 Earphones Headphones - eBay (item 280400067049 end time Sep-24-09 12:53:19 PDT)

Can you please tell me in case the seller does not cancel my order what is my next step to get my money back.

New IE7 for that price,and believe they are real???
beerchug.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #90 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by cainath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I wait for the seller to respond to me or shall i directly contact Paypal without waiting for the sellers response.
your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sai.

Always give the vendor time to respond - 2 or 3 days. Then notify him that you are contacting PayPal and opening a dispute. If the order isn't canceled, I'd listen to the phones before returning them. They could be awesome fakes... they are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back