FA7, the first Quad drivers IEM from FiiO , all Knowles BAs and 3D printed technical , MMCX design
Jan 25, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #331 of 680
Gary

It’s hard to say how any headphone / earphone is for a genre. Each of us has different anatomy and preferences, and they aren’t particular to genres. I personally like neutral tonality with a touch of coolness for clarity. I don’t mind slight emphasis in sub-bass as long as it’s not overdone. I find the FA7 is too warm and thick, and does not have the clarity I personally like. Someone else may prefer a warmer and thicker presentation - so may think they are perfect.
Neutral tone is important to me as is clarity. No piercing highs and no bass that overwhelms everything else. The iems I buy will be paired by a fiio x5iii I've just bought for portable listening at work.

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #332 of 680
Personally I don’t think clarity is FA7’s strong point - unless you want to EQ some of the mid-bass down. The FA7 is so close to being perfect in every way - except for the deliberate colouration they put into the mid-bass and lower mids. IMHO that was a mistake. I’m hoping for a much more neutral tuning in their next multi-ba release

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #333 of 680
Personally I don’t think clarity is FA7’s strong point - unless you want to EQ some of the mid-bass down. The FA7 is so close to being perfect in every way - except for the deliberate colouration they put into the mid-bass and lower mids. IMHO that was a mistake. I’m hoping for a much more neutral tuning in their next multi-ba release
Thanks. Does not sound like they are for me. Any suggestions on what iems I should look at?

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #334 of 680
Given the IEM has the largest deviation - freq response, distortion etc - magnitudes more than dac and amp, it’s the most important link in the chain, and has greatest effect overall. I say that assuming the source has ample power, and low enough impedance for the intended load.

Yes, to what you have stated, but the perception of what the brain hears is in addition to what can be measured.

Listening is an art as well as a calculation of measurable data. I do not mean to argue your point, but to add to it. :)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #335 of 680
Hi, i am interested in the performance of these for vocal music, i did read somewhere that the vocals are not particularly present (recessed) and since i listen to vocal music this concerns me, i tried the fh5 and found them too shouty with vocals almost strained and not what i was looking for (i use shure se535 and er4xr to give 2 different perspectives at present).

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #336 of 680
Hi, i am interested in the performance of these for vocal music, i did read somewhere that the vocals are not particularly present (recessed) and since i listen to vocal music this concerns me, i tried the fh5 and found them too shouty with vocals almost strained and not what i was looking for (i use shure se535 and er4xr to give 2 different perspectives at present).
These are exceptional for vocals. FH5 with FA7 vocals would be my perfect IEM.

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #337 of 680
Agree. For vocals the FA7 are magic. Female vocals are smooth, full of emotion and depth. Male vocals also have fantastic body. Both are clear; they’re not recessed but certainly not as in your face and, to my ears and some others, shouty as the FH5.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #338 of 680
Ordered them. I'll compare them with the FH5 and see which one I like more.

I enjoy the FH5 a lot, they're really fun and immersive. I don't quite like clarity, separation and vocals (altough the vocals tips slightly improve the situation).
Excited to try the FA7.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #339 of 680
Agree. For vocals the FA7 are magic. Female vocals are smooth, full of emotion and depth. Male vocals also have fantastic body. Both are clear; they’re not recessed but certaAinly not as in your face and, to my ears and some others, shouty as the FH5.
Agree as well ....FA7 delivers certainly very smooth silky vocals clear but not in your face by any means very free of fatique and very emotional as well....
coming from some brighter sounding multi BA iems (as Rose BR5 for example) each day i find my self to listen moreover to FA7 due to the not fatique overall sound and excellent sonics...

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #340 of 680
Having tried some of the brighter side multi BA iems and been familiar with their sound signature puzzled me a lot when i ordered FA7
been listening to those for about a week now pairing FA7 with some daps/amps i usually listen to music with, and just wanted to mention here that the most attractive combination at least to my ears was X3ii & HUM Hypno Class A amp...That particular combo brought some kind of balance to the overall sound,with totally black background and added more space between the instruments and delivering airy emotional vocals too...good news for me as i prefer aesthetically more brighter iems and more tonally correct (something like DN2000 for example...)

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #341 of 680
Those of you who think the FH5's DD has "better" bass than the FA7's CI-22955 BA haven't applied some mid-bass-correcting EQ to the FA7 and listened to music with some real content at the bottom of the audible spectrum.

I was given a jolt today by the bass drum in the mock abduction scene in Stravinsky's Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring), as recorded by Salonen/LAPO on DG. I tried the same track on the FH5, and it wasn't near as coherent, and didn't reach as low as the FA7. I found one of the other tracks from that recording on YouTube; not the fidelity you'd get on Apple Music or SACD, but you'll get the point. Listen for the bass drum from about 2:18 on.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #343 of 680
Hi JamesFiiO,
Could you tell me somehow when it will be relased or what’s the sound signature’s plan for it ?
Thank’s

should be lanuch market in May. and the FH7 will be improve the treble performance and better bass quality.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back