FA7, the first Quad drivers IEM from FiiO , all Knowles BAs and 3D printed technical , MMCX design
post-14766974
Post #346 of 667

gLer

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
post-14766996
Post #347 of 667

FactoryStock

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
should be lanuch market in May. and the FH7 will be improve the treble performance and better bass quality.
I misread this as "better bass quantity", and you made me almost spit out my drink!

post-14767029
Post #348 of 667

Focux

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
should be lanuch market in May. and the FH7 will be improve the treble performance and better bass quality.
don't mind sharing when it might reach south east asia?

say singapore

post-14767072
Post #349 of 667

Llermo

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi, Which is the expected price range?

Thanks!

post-14767187
Post #350 of 667

aralmim

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thank’s your answear JamesFiiO,
I am laughing because today I had bought the FH 5 and tried the FA 7 also. But I know I couldn’t had wait until May.

Last edited:
post-14768368
Post #351 of 667

JamesFiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
Reaction score
Now it is too early to share more information with you guys , and plz let's focus on FA7 in this thread , thanks.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com
post-14769455
Post #352 of 667

pipokhoo

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My old Westone 3 iems have finally kicked the bucket after a good 6 years of solid use. I am currently in the market for something new and have narrowed down to the new Fiio FA7 ($400) and the BGVP DM6 ($260).

The Fiio FA7 can be purchased from Tmall for $400 and comes with 2 year warranty, but I'll need to ship it back to china if I want to service it.

Whereas the BGVP DM6 does not come with any warranty.

I have auditioned the FA7 and I really do enjoy the sound of it.

As I play the drums, I do enjoy hearing the drums / hi hats more precisely in my music :)

Any suggestions which I should get and why?

Last edited:
post-14772305
Post #353 of 667

alexandros a

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My old Westone 3 iems have finally kicked the bucket after a good 6 years of solid use. I am currently in the market for something new and have narrowed down to the new Fiio FA7 ($400) and the BGVP DM6 ($260).

The Fiio FA7 can be purchased from Tmall for $400 and comes with 2 year warranty, but I'll need to ship it back to china if I want to service it.

Whereas the BGVP DM6 does not come with any warranty.

I have auditioned the FA7 and I really do enjoy the sound of it.

As I play the drums, I do enjoy hearing the drums / hi hats more precisely in my music :)

Any suggestions which I should get and why?
Have both FA7 & DM6
If you enjoy a "more full bodied bass focused sound signature" with more mid base thump go for FA7 fatique free listening relaxed silky smooth vocals.. its simply stellar...
DM6 is absolutelly stellar performance as well but more linear in the mids and more sub bass oriented
Both have strong bass impact with FA7 slightly on the darker side and DM6 on the brighter one...

post-14772836
Post #354 of 667

cpuks

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Anyone can share more impressions with LC-C cable as stock cable (LC-B) is rather an Achilles heel for those IEMs...

post-14772853
Post #355 of 667

mhoopes

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Anyone can share more impressions with LC-C cable as stock cable (LC-B) is rather an Achilles heel for those IEMs...
I haven't tried the LC-3.5C (est. 0.441 Ohms) cable yet, but I didn't discern any audible difference between the LC-3.5B (est. 0.839 Ohms) and LC-3.5BS (est. 0.315 Ohms). The difference in DCR of the latter two is only 2.3% of the FA7's 23 Ohms.
Furthermore, skin effect at audio frequencies shouldn't be an audible concern at these cable diameters.

Reactions: sidecross
post-14775658
Post #356 of 667

sidecross

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have both the fa7 and fh5 and enjoy both. I am glad I do not need to choose which one to keep.

I found the difference in my experience has more to do with how the music being listened to was recorded and mixed by the musicians and producer. On most of my music lists either iem will make clear how the musicians and producer feel their tracks should be recorded; any difference is more a result of their work than either fh5 or fa7.

It might be that I am 'just easy', but both the fa7 and fh5 help me to enjoy the music I like.

post-14775837
Post #357 of 667

mhoopes

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have both the fa7 and fh5 and enjoy both. I am glad I do not need to choose which one to keep.

I found the difference in my experience has more to do with how the music being listened to was recorded and mixed by the musicians and producer. On most of my music lists either iem will make clear how the musicians and producer feel their tracks should be recorded; any difference is more a result of their work than either fh5 or fa7.

It might be that I am 'just easy', but both the fa7 and fh5 help me to enjoy the music I like.
Mastering parameters (such as compression, EQ, distortion, spectral content & distribution) can affect the perceived differences between disparate reproduction systems that use varying driver and amplification technologies. Recording technology (tranducers, amps, etc.) is a factor, too.

I’d say not a lot of music was mastered with balanced armature studio monitors, in even the recent past, and the slower decay of low-frequency dynamic drivers lends some harmonic overtones that suggests low-end spectra that may not be directly captured in the recording media. In fact, that may very well have been the microphones’ electrical responses to those “missing fundamentals”.

Faster-transient-response reproduction setups potentially better reveal these differences. I’m not saying they’re intrinsically better at reproducing the producers’ intents, as they mastered those recordings using the monitors of the day, to be played on contemporary rigs. Caveat: some of them were musicians or techs whose hearing was compromised by years of exposure to, well, loud music in close proximity. Some of them still are, but modern in-ear live monitoring has improved their outcomes, in general.

Identical mixes mastered using the FH5 and FA7 would likely sound a bit different, even if both earphones were calibrated to DF within a gnat’s eyelash of tolerance.

Last edited:
post-14775905
Post #358 of 667

FactoryStock

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I dare say the best gear we can have in our current era are hybrids, be it cars or IEMs.

In the case of cars, electric will provide the low-end acceleration, and petrol has to take over beyond a certain km/h. Top speed endurance isn't really electric's forte; they excel in providing raw, intense G-force from 0-100.

For IEMs, we I still prefer a dynamic driver to provide texture, sufficiently (but not overly) slow decay and fluidity. Since we can't expect a single dynamic driver to be both fast and slow at the same time, the BAs will be the ones to step up and make sure each transients aren't missed, whilst the dynamic's diaphragms are busy slowing down and displaying their specialty: inertia.

post-14775983
Post #359 of 667

sidecross

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Mastering parameters (such as compression, EQ, distortion, spectral content & distribution) can affect the perceived differences between disparate reproduction systems that use varying driver and amplification technologies. Recording technology (tranducers, amps, etc.) is a factor, too.

I’d say not a lot of music was mastered with balanced armature studio monitors, in even the recent past, and the slower decay of low-frequency dynamic drivers lends some harmonic overtones that suggests low-end spectra that may not be directly captured in the recording media. In fact, that may very well have been the microphones’ electrical responses to those “missing fundamentals”.

Faster-transient-response reproduction setups potentially better reveal these differences. I’m not saying they’re intrinsically better at reproducing the producers’ intents, as they mastered those recordings using the monitors of the day, to be played on contemporary rigs. Caveat: some of them were musicians or techs whose hearing was compromised by years of exposure to, well, loud music in close proximity. Some of them still are, but modern in-ear live monitoring has improved their outcomes, in general.

Identical mixes mastered using the FH5 and FA7 would likely sound a bit different, even if both earphones were calibrated to DF within a gnat’s eyelash of tolerance.
mhoopes

An excellent piece of writing and I agree with what you wrote. Thank you.

post-14775997
Post #360 of 667

NovaFlyer

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score

Completely agree, I have both like you. I also add that if I'm in the mood for precision I'll lean toward the FA7, while when I want that little extra fun with bass, I'll go with the FH5. I like both IEMs and what they bring to listening.

Reactions: sidecross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)