Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Feb 7, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #2,103 of 2,215
I am SO glad to have finally found a comfortable IEM that's easy to insert. Many years ago I was an IEM user (anyone remember the V-Moda Bass Freqs?) but eventually got fed up with the ear gunk and the discomfort and started listening exclusively to headphones.

Lately I've been looking at IEMs again so I can get my hi-fi fix on the go. A few months back I got the Moondrop Kato which had terrible fit for me until I put on some Azla Xelastec tips but even then they needed periodic readjustments due to the weight of the Kato. Overall nice sound out of them but I wanted more treble energy, detail, and texture so I ended up with my lovely IE600.

The IE600's stock silicone tips are actually great for me so I'm surprised to see so many people trashing them. At first I didn't like the memory ear hooks and swivel connectors but I got used to them after a couple days. Inserting the tips into my ears and creating the seal is easy, although I need to make small adjustments to equalize the pressure. In the past I've had SUCH struggles with IEM and TWS ear bud insertion; always too loose, too tight, too painful, too awkward. I can't praise the ergonomics of the IE series enough!

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #2,104 of 2,215
I am SO glad to have finally found a comfortable IEM that's easy to insert. Many years ago I was an IEM user (anyone remember the V-Moda Bass Freqs?) but eventually got fed up with the ear gunk and the discomfort and started listening exclusively to headphones.

Lately I've been looking at IEMs again so I can get my hi-fi fix on the go. A few months back I got the Moondrop Kato which had terrible fit for me until I put on some Azla Xelastec tips but even then they needed periodic readjustments due to the weight of the Kato. Overall nice sound out of them but I wanted more treble energy, detail, and texture so I ended up with my lovely IE600.

The IE600's stock silicone tips are actually great for me so I'm surprised to see so many people trashing them. At first I didn't like the memory ear hooks and swivel connectors but I got used to them after a couple days. Inserting the tips into my ears and creating the seal is easy, although I need to make small adjustments to equalize the pressure. In the past I've had SUCH struggles with IEM and TWS ear bud insertion; always too loose, too tight, too painful, too awkward. I can't praise the ergonomics of the IE series enough!
I think my issue with the stock silicone tips is that they have this hard edge that sits inside the ear and over time that hurts. Most eartips are all smooth.

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #2,105 of 2,215
I've been reading comparisons between the IE 600 and the 900. Funny enough there doesn't seem to be a consensus on which has more bass or more treble. I think everyone just has different sensitivities to sub-bass vs mid-bass and upper-mids vs treble. However, there is no dispute that the IE 900 has a bigger, deeper, more holographic soundstage and is more technical overall. For those reasons alone I feel that I have to get my hands on a 900 at some point...even though I just got my 600 lol. The 600 sounds awesome but I'm looking for an IEM equivalent of my Arya and 8XX and don't feel that the 600 is quite there.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #2,106 of 2,215
I've been reading comparisons between the IE 600 and the 900. Funny enough there doesn't seem to be a consensus on which has more bass or more treble. I think everyone just has different sensitivities to sub-bass vs mid-bass and upper-mids vs treble. However, there is no dispute that the IE 900 has a bigger, deeper, more holographic soundstage and is more technical overall. For those reasons alone I feel that I have to get my hands on a 900 at some point...even though I just got my 600 lol. The 600 sounds awesome but I'm looking for an IEM equivalent of my Arya and 8XX and don't feel that the 600 is quite there.
After a lovely year with mine the prospect of trading up to 900 will start to niggle at me more,, only when I think about it tho which is often. But yea, the touted extra more Ness of clarity etc make me wonder.. still tho, trading up will still be a ton of money even selling 600.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #2,111 of 2,215
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #2,112 of 2,215
anyone know of a cable with interchangeable jacks bit worried keep swapping cables from 3.5 to 4.4

Tripowin Amber

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #2,114 of 2,215
Is the Ie200 close to the Ie600 or is there a big difference? I also read that the cheaper one is harder to drive and it doesn't sound good directly from a smartphone. So better to start with the i600?

Maybe another question although it is an over ear: Is the AKG K371 much worse than the i600? I only ask because it is the only over ear alternative (closed, easy to drive).

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #2,115 of 2,215
My Ali Epxeess cable for 15 bucks from China is starting to fail after 3 months
Cutting out scratchy noises both sides depending on where its resting can be clear. Got progressively worse, get what you pay for but I'm a little surprised looks finely made , normal looking materials etc. I have yet to check the ie600s themselves with the original cable and ive Got my fingers crossed but I doubt it's them.. Also a workaround is get a KA3 or Qudelix and use the original balanced cable and I'd have that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back