Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #2,116 of 2,273
Just grabbed a pair of these second-hand for £335!, looking forward to listening to them, was chatting to a friend about these and he argues they are v-shaped, I was thinking more u-shaped? is there a consensus on this?

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #2,117 of 2,273
Just grabbed a pair of these second-hand for £335!, looking forward to listening to them, was chatting to a friend about these and he argues they are v-shaped, I was thinking more u-shaped? is there a consensus on this?
i think V-shaped has some subjectivity to it depending on what you consider neutral. To my ears, the ie600 leans more to u-shaped because I don't think there is enough midbass for a true V, really its strong elevation known in the subbass while also quite a bit upper mid elevation which means this IEM doesnt have that hollowed out sound i associate with a V-shaped tuning.

Is the Ie200 close to the Ie600 or is there a big difference? I also read that the cheaper one is harder to drive and it doesn't sound good directly from a smartphone. So better to start with the i600?

Maybe another question although it is an over ear: Is the AKG K371 much worse than the i600? I only ask because it is the only over ear alternative (closed, easy to drive).
i purchased both ie200 and ie600 effectively at the same time and the ie200 is slightly harder to drive by a click or two, hardly anything to be concerned about. The ie200 is a great set, I jam out with them and never feel like I miss out on anything...BUT when you do compare to the ie600 you do notice an all around step up, especially when once you are familiar with them both.

Diminishing returns of course so when describing differences they always seem more than reality. So with this in mind, i would describe the ie600 as an ie200 with a dash of 'special sauce'. Try both if you can, obviously the ie600 is a bigger risk given the higher price if you have to blind buy.

Feb 28, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #2,118 of 2,273
I was extremely excited for my IE600 today demo, but left scratching my head. We tried it with several respected and quality non portable DAC’s and headamps, but in every combination IE600 sounded not more and not less like a stereo telephone. Very, but very thin sound which I didn’t expect at all.

It is a demo unit from an authorised dealer, so not sure how many hours are on those, but still.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Thank you.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #2,121 of 2,273
I was extremely excited for my IE600 today demo, but left scratching my head. We tried it with several respected and quality non portable DAC’s and headamps, but in every combination IE600 sounded not more and not less like a stereo telephone. Very, but very thin sound which I didn’t expect at all.

It is a demo unit from an authorised dealer, so not sure how many hours are on those, but still.

Thank you.

That doesn't make sense, I just got the IE 600's and they sound 'warmer' than my Aful P8's, some people have an issue with the stock tips where by the silicon folds/crinkles when pushed in your ear canal and doesn't create a seal.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #2,123 of 2,273
I used stock foam tips and big ones which made a tight fit. I believe tips are not the reason for that thin sound.

They sounded so anemic and empty.

Maybe I will give them another chance.

To me the IE600 sound exactly like you described with any foam tips, stock or aftermarket, even those that I can feel have filled my ear canal well.

The stock silicon tips were useless for me as they are so thin they deformed when inserting and didn't seal so again a thin sound.

Put on some good quality silicon tips that seal nicely and they are a different IEM.

Amplification is going to make little difference, fine tuning at best, tips sometimes make a huge difference, night and day in this case.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #2,124 of 2,273
To me the IE600 sound exactly like you described with any foam tips, stock or aftermarket, even those that I can feel have filled my ear canal well.

The stock silicon tips were useless for me as they are so thin they deformed when inserting and didn't seal so again a thin sound.

Put on some good quality silicon tips that seal nicely and they are a different IEM.
Divinus Velvet L amd there's another company that are slightly bigger... ah yes..
XL Liquer

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #2,125 of 2,273

Thank you.
If you're used to a thick/more warm sound signature, I can see why you feel that the IE600 sounds thin. Maybe give it some more listening time :D

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #2,129 of 2,273
I only got my mine today, they were second-hand so already burnt in, coming from the P8 they sound warm to me, the timbre is amazing, best I've heard thus far, very natural sounding mids, insane bass, sparkly treble but non-fatiguing, it's been a long IEM journey for me trying to find something that would really click, TinHiFi P1 Max came close for their natural sound, the Aful P8's are technically really good but the tonality was off, note weight was too lean, the IE 600's have really hit the mark for me, it shocking what Sennheiser have accomplished with just a 7mm dynamic driver, well done.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #2,130 of 2,273
The perception may vary depending on what IEM you listened to before trying the IE600. For example, the IE600 sounds thinner than my Sony XBA-N3 and IER-M7 :D

Currently using Final E tips on my IE600.

I have nothing that would make the IE600 sound thin.

I haven't heard the ones you mention, they must be very full sounding if it is only the comparison that makes the IE600 seem thin to you.

For fear of querying the obvious, are you sure you are getting a good seal ? I really struggled with tips due to the shallow insertion depth and need a bigger dimeter tip then usual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back