ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Oct 16, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #706 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep coming back to this thread...

what music do a lot of you guys enjoy listening to with the er4s?

lots of stuff, totally eclectic.

but there are definitely genres i prefer the sound of through them,

dance/electronica to me, is crystal clear and beautifully represented, similar to my grado 325i's

herbie hancock is a great experience with them in S mode!
etysmile.gif

though i did find listening to the best of fleetwood mac, i preferred the output in P mode! keeps you on your toes!

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #708 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It only took 30 minutes of e500 experience to truly appreciate how great my er4-s is.
biggrin.gif

My sentiments exactly. I was going to write a thread about how the ER4S ruined my e500, but I didn't want to start a flame thread.

Basically, after one week of constant ER4 use and then trying the e500 back on, I thought the e500 was broken some how!!! I tried a friend's e500 and the same sound, so... with process of elimination: it just turns out that the e500 sound that I once thought superb, was actually a muddy, bass whore.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #710 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just switched from e500 to er-4s and the etys are much better. They sound much more natural because the treble is not disconnected from the rest of the sound spectrum.

The one thing I'm a bit nervous about is the highs. I know the e500s are rolled off, but they are very smooth with no fatigue. When I use my super.fi 5 pros they immediately sound a bit more open, but I notice I can't listen as long because of the highs. I assume that the er-4s are smoother than the super.fis if you go by price point = quality.

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #713 of 1,007
I just finished ordering m first set of Ety's(ER-4P), and I'm kinda excited, now what's next, I'm thinking black foam sleeves,and a P>S adapter, but after some searching I'm having difficulties narrowing it down , can anyone help point the way
icon10.gif
please
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #714 of 1,007
The best thing you could grab would be a 75 ohm resistor. I got one from turbo who is selling them for a steal right now. Initially I got it just to use with an amp but now I use it regardless. iPod touch + turbo 75 resistor + ER4P = magic.

Oct 20, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #715 of 1,007
I wrote to Etymotics and asked if they are working on a new line of ER4s in the future, their response:

Quote:

Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for writing! We are always pleased to hear from our customers. As of right now, I am unaware of any new and/or improved ER4 model.

Best Regards,
Maureen (Moe) Defoort
Customer Service
Etymotic Research, Inc.
61 Martin Lane
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
847-228-0006 fax 847-228-6836
www.etymotic.com

You know your music. Etymotic knows your ears.

I was hoping they'd at least develop a dual driver ER4--that IEM would be perfection.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #718 of 1,007
I just bought a set of ER-4Ps from another member and will have them in the next couple of days! Can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about.

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #719 of 1,007
I've been listening to my new ER-4Ps for a couple of hours and they sound great!
The details are awesome! I'm hearing things I never heard with my e500s. Having said that, as of right now, I do miss the fatter low end. I think my ears will get more accustomed to it as days go by.

Also, I ordered the 75ohm adapter from Turbo today to hear the difference.

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #720 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep coming back to this thread...

what music do a lot of you guys enjoy listening to with the er4s?

I listen mostly to classical with an occasional jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back