ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Oct 25, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #721 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to my new ER-4Ps for a couple of hours and they sound great!
The details are awesome! I'm hearing things I never heard with my e500s....

Also, I ordered the 75ohm adapter from Turbo today to hear the difference.

Wow , better than Shure...whodathunkit.
tongue.gif

I predict that you'll enjoy the S conversion, I sure do.

________

I can enjoy all types of music with ER4P/S but classical is most excellent...ah yes, most excellent indeed.
etysmile.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #723 of 1,007
Quote:

I've been listening to my new ER-4Ps for a couple of hours and they sound great!
The details are awesome! I'm hearing things I never heard with my e500s. Having said that, as of right now, I do miss the fatter low end. I think my ears will get more accustomed to it as days go by.

Also, I ordered the 75ohm adapter from Turbo today to hear the difference.

good stuff, they will grow on you some more - the brain doesnt like instant change....gradual...., at least they have with me, and i think if you ever want to become an even bigger detail junkie, the s convertor will see you right!
etysmile.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #724 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good stuff, they will grow on you some more - the brain doesnt like instant change....gradual...., at least they have with me, and i think if you ever want to become an even bigger detail junkie, the s convertor will see you right!
etysmile.gif

Quaddy, can you give me your opinion of what the 75ohm adapter will do in the sq department?

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #725 of 1,007
Quote:

Quaddy, can you give me your opinion of what the 75ohm adapter will do in the sq department?

well i am gonna preface this by saying this is in my opinion;

takes away the obvious bass of the P. replaces it with deep subtle well controlled bass @ S

flattens the sound from the warmer P to a more neutral flat even presentation with the S

gives me greater clarity and tonal precision and makes things crystal clear in the highs with S, a bit too clear sometimes, almost piercing, although its growing on me.

to answer your question directly, SQ, isnt affected as such, its simply presented in a different way. the quality remains, just how you hear it changes.

for example, listening to a beverley craven track with some piano in i hear it well with the P, its there but it doesnt jump out or want attention, put the S on, same piano portion is sparkly, piercing, up-front, and is definitely out to get your attention, almost piercingly present to the extent i can hear the delayed fading reverb in my ear for a few seconds as the sound fades.

others will have differing opinions i am sure.

HTH

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #726 of 1,007
I had a set of E5c's a couple years ago but hated the way they fit in my ears. I also had problems whenever I wanted to talk breify to anyone on a plane or at the gym.

I have a set of E4S's on order and will probably have an ear mold made for them as well.

Question, sound quality vs the E5c's? and do many people use the Shure PTH unit with these as well? Any similar unit on the market? It seems way overpriced and very toylike/cheap according to several people.

Larry

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #727 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW
blink.gif

What's with all the Ety hording?

Sorry, didn't get back to Head-Fi for a while to answer this post.

I have ER-4's at each of my main headphone listening stations: work, bedside, and living room. So they're always close at hand. Maybe that means I'm unduly lazy, but I really like not having to fetch them from another room when I'm at home. And they're so prepostrously reasonably priced for what they offer that I feel, why not?

The various ER-6's and ER-6i's are because I like to make sure I have a pair in a couple of different briefcases or travel bags that get used, because they get used in portable situations where getting damaged or left behind is a possibility (I left a pair of ER-6's behind at my first stop on a two-week trip this summer, not usual for me but proof that it can happen), and because they're what I give out as loaners when friends are experimenting with noise-isolating earphones

Besides the above earphones I also have more sets of ER-20s than I can count. Every briefcase, every car, the pockets of some jackets, and a fair number of spares in a drawer. I give pairs away to friends all the time too.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #728 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, didn't get back to Head-Fi for a while to answer this post.

I have ER-4's at each of my main headphone listening stations: work, bedside, and living room. So they're always close at hand. Maybe that means I'm unduly lazy, but I really like not having to fetch them from another room when I'm at home. And they're so prepostrously reasonably priced for what they offer that I feel, why not?

The various ER-6's and ER-6i's are because I like to make sure I have a pair in a couple of different briefcases or travel bags that get used, because they get used in portable situations where getting damaged or left behind is a possibility (I left a pair of ER-6's behind at my first stop on a two-week trip this summer, not usual for me but proof that it can happen), and because they're what I give out as loaners when friends are experimenting with noise-isolating earphones

Besides the above earphones I also have more sets of ER-20s than I can count. Every briefcase, every car, the pockets of some jackets, and a fair number of spares in a drawer. I give pairs away to friends all the time too.

Can I be your friend?
cool.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #729 of 1,007
Quote:

Besides the above earphones I also have more sets of ER-20s than I can count. Every briefcase, every car, the pockets of some jackets, and a fair number of spares in a drawer. I give pairs away to friends all the time to

ER-20's are awesome for concerts and bars/clubs with a live band.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #730 of 1,007
I have a pair of ER4s.

Under Imod+CordaMove ,I like ER4s better than K701....

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #731 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I give pairs away to friends all the time too.

Can I be your friend too!? On a more serious note your idea of readily available Etys is... AWESOME!

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #732 of 1,007
I've had my ER-4S' for a week and a half now and I'm really enjoying them. Even more so this week after being re-cabled with a cable from [AK]Zip. I also started to use Shure black foamies.

The new cable brings out the bass a bit more than the stock cable. It's just right for my ears.

Here's the rest of the audio chain: .flac -> 5.5 gen 80GB iMod w/ Rockbox -> ALO Superkind cotton dock -> Xin Supermacro IV w/ OPA627 + 4x buffer

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #733 of 1,007
Wow... must have missed this thread when it came in. ER6i FTW.

1. A pair of white ER6i with custom ear molds for iPod use.
2. A pair of black ER6i with custom ear molds for PSP use.

And an assortment of comply tips that I rarely use since I got the molds done. They do sound so much better now.

I guess it pays off to be in the medical business.
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #734 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by InSides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... must have missed this thread when it came in. ER6i FTW.

1. A pair of white ER6i with custom ear molds for iPod use.
2. A pair of black ER6i with custom ear molds for PSP use.

And an assortment of comply tips that I rarely use since I got the molds done. They do sound so much better now.

I guess it pays off to be in the medical business.
wink.gif

just got a pair of the er6's
smily_headphones1.gif

where do u get the custom molds frm?

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #735 of 1,007
I've had my Er4/p for a few years, but when i originally got it I was so afraid of messing them up i almost never used them. Thankfully, ive gotten over that recently and carry them around with me all the time (always stored in its case though
etysmile.gif
) I also just recently tried using the foamies instead of the tri-flange, and am glad to have discovered how much more bass i can get out of them. I plan on trying out different foamies and seeing which suit me more, and possibly investing in the custom earmolds in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back