ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Oct 12, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #692 of 1,007
chalk me up on the list;

ety er4p red and blue braided here with the 75ohm adapter
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #693 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, EFN, I'm now up to 3 pairs of ER-4's (2x4S, 1x4P). Custom tips for all. Plus 2xER-6, and I think I still have a couple ER-6i's around someplace, if they're not lent out.

WOW
blink.gif

What's with all the Ety hording?

Oct 15, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #694 of 1,007
Ok all you Ety freaks, I've pm'd EFN, but he hasn't got back to me yet. I own the E500s and superfi. 5pros, which are pretty different in sig. Both are good, but I'm looking for that one true magical iem. I'm waiting on the Westone 3, but have some money and may want to try some Etys. I always use and amp with my iMod. What should I get....4p or 4s?
I listen to all types of music...

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #695 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok all you Ety freaks, I've pm'd EFN, but he hasn't got back to me yet. I own the E500s and superfi. 5pros, which are pretty different in sig. Both are good, but I'm looking for that one true magical iem. I'm waiting on the Westone 3, but have some money and may want to try some Etys. I always use and amp with my iMod. What should I get....4p or 4s?

IMHO if you havent listened to ety micropro range before and you listen to lots of various musics, i would recommend buying the er4P model rather that going straight for the S, as the S may scare you off being so deliciously sterile and neutral, the P is a bit warmer and enjoyable, less harsh for some. (but still accurate)

therefore going with P can afford you the P and the S model, by aquiring a 75ohms resistance cable to turn the P into the S, this is good for me as i listen to a lot of musical styles and like the flexibility to switch between them to suit.

i guess to summarise - initially buying the P gives you best of both worlds down the line and doesnt limit you.

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #696 of 1,007
Quote:

I always use and amp with my iMod. What should I get....4p or 4s?

ER4S no doubt is made for amplification. The 100 ohms of the 4S will give you a more refined highs and more controlled bass. Beware though, coming from the e500, you won't get the ridiculous/boomy bass, but you will finally hear the roll offs you've been missing. Give the Etys a full week to get used to the signature, than A/B it to the others and you'd see which sound you'll like more.

etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #697 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm I live in UK.

Too much for customs etc and shipping

I have both a PenguinAmp Caffeine ($69) and Royal, from Germany - will that be cheaper? I've reviewed them on head-fi, very nice sound.

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #699 of 1,007
Quaddy and EFN, thanks for the input! As you both suggested, I'm going to purchase the ER-4p and S cable for the best of both worlds. Head-Fi rocks, but it's killing my wallet.....RIP.

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #700 of 1,007
Quote:

Quaddy and EFN, thanks for the input! As you both suggested, I'm going to purchase the ER-4p and S cable for the best of both worlds. Head-Fi rocks, but it's killing my wallet.....RIP.

Hey no worries. ER-4P is CHEAP compared to UE-10, UM2, E500 etc.....

But be WARNED!. ER-4 is a Love or hate affair - there's no in between. Many have found ER-4 highs to be a bit over bearing and lack of bottom end fullness to be a deal killer. Specially that you came from UE SP5Pro, it is hard for me to imagine you giving up bass for Ety clinical and somewhat lean sound.

But....let your ear be the judge and hope I can add you to the permanent list of ER-4 owners...
etysmile.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #701 of 1,007
I keep coming back to this thread...

what music do a lot of you guys enjoy listening to with the er4s?

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #702 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep coming back to this thread...

what music do a lot of you guys enjoy listening to with the er4s?

I use them to listen to just about everything (since they are the only cans I want to listen to). ER-4 trully excel at Classical, Jazz, strings and percussions. But my primary music genre is Shoegazing and Indie and so far I have enjoyed them immensely. I also listen to Metal and they are trully superb with ISIS, HURT, GODLFESH, Num Skull, King Diamond etc.

But be warned that they can be quite peaky with most Metal/Rock recordings, specially those badly mastered/recorded.

For the kick, ER-4P users should try MUSE and Massive Attack - WHO SAYS Ety got no bass
evil_smiley.gif
etysmile.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #703 of 1,007
I've been listening to alot of indie rock and swedish indie pop recently, how well do you think these would pair up with let's say this type of music.

Thanks again EFN!

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #705 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to alot of indie rock and swedish indie pop recently, how well do you think these would pair up with let's say this type of music.

Thanks again EFN!

Yes they will be fine as long as you like ER-4 Sound Signature. Make sure you have a warm sounding source and you'll all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back