ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Nov 2, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #736 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got a pair of the er6's
smily_headphones1.gif

where do u get the custom molds frm?

I was digging thru google to find an audiologist to make custom impressions for me since theres another thread about on-line shops that make the custom molds when you send in the impressions you make, with the kit they will send you. I found a seemingly close audiologist, and found they were inside Walmart and wanted only $100 bucks for custom molds including making the impressions. Cheaper than the online shops and faster or so they tell me. Waiting to take in my ER 4S's when they get here.

No I don't like Walmarts business practices but they are more convenient, cheaper and faster than on-line shops.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #737 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got a pair of the er6's
smily_headphones1.gif

where do u get the custom molds frm?

I actually asked my ORL proffessor [ear doctor
wink.gif
] what to do about that, and she pointed me to a hearing aid shop. Seeing she referred me to them, they made them from free, but I was told that the complete procedure [including taking impressions and making the molds] was to be no more than $50.

Of course, I live in Macedonia, so your results may vary.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #738 of 1,007
I'm on my second pair of ER-4s. When I got my first the ER4P hadn't yet been released so when I left them on a plane
frown.gif
I just got more ER4S. I find the sound OK without an amp. I bought a headroom amp but the volume contol was all over the place from new so I don't use it, the volume level is on the limit on my ipod though.
I got custom ear pieces 4 years ago, well worthwhile.

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #740 of 1,007
I got custom molds for my ER 4S's. Baby I'm amazed! To me they have totally accurate sound including full bass, not underpowered whatsoever.

The only "deficiency" being, when the input has no crossfeed or other manipulation you can easily figure out where the mics were and thats where you are! Thats how accurate they are.

I heard distortion in many recordings I suspected, but didn't NOTICE before but well recorded cuts are amazing. I like the sound more than my HD 650's.

I recommend custom molds highly. I had a set of E5C's a few years ago but couldn't deal with any of the supplied in canal mounting things and sold em.

I won't be using them a whole lot as I feel almost too isolated but for accuracy the Etys and custom molds are, IMO, unbeatable.

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #742 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair of Etys ER4P/S for $75
smily_headphones1.gif
, needs a new cable though...

I was gonna get the APureSound recable anyway so that's perfect for me !

Sweet deal man! How were you able to buy just the drivers?

(btw, APureSound ER4 cable is the way to go man, no regrets here )

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #743 of 1,007
They were for sale in the second hand forum.

Ordered mine yesterday... should be here in a week or so! First pair of IEMs other than the white crap I've had for far to long... looking forward to it!

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #744 of 1,007
ER-4Ps are the one IEM I wont leave home without.. very similar sound signature to my RS-1 full sized cans.

I find the Ety and Grado pairing similar to how my E500s and HD600s sound alike. All great sounding phones!

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #749 of 1,007
Count me in, I've had my ER4S - P-cable since 2003 (
confused.gif
or maybe it was 2004...?)

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #750 of 1,007
I own Ety Er-6i... sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back