Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 11, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #37,141 of 40,675
I see you own the Laura. Have you tried it with the Odyssey?

Sadly, I do not currently have Odyssey in the stable. Will pick one up early next year. It is definitely top 6 in my collection.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #37,142 of 40,675
Sadly, I do not currently have Odyssey in the stable. Will pick one up early next year. It is definitely top 6 in my collection.
@Damz87 pairs the Odyssey with the Laura.

I’ve heard it pairs really well and I’ll be doing the same as soon I receive my Odyssey.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #37,143 of 40,675
@Damz87 pairs the Odyssey with the Laura.

I’ve heard it pairs really well and I’ll be doing the same as soon I receive my Odyssey.
I've heard the same thing from @Damz87 and @metaljem77 regarding OTL. Will definitely have to try it when I finally get a Ody into the house. OTL is such a beautiful cable. I have it currently paired with Traillii.

Dec 12, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #37,145 of 40,675
I should really know this, but I don't. Is the Odyssey's connector considered a "flat 2 pin" or regular 2 pin?

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #37,146 of 40,675
Just to say I'm using the Genesis cable from my Evo on my Odyssey and it sounds great.
Reading the info from the Empire Ears site about the Evo and cable it says the genesis cable was designed "specifically for Legend EVO to maximize synergy and performance from its pioneering Dual Conduction Architecture"
The Odyssey uses the same dual conduction architecture. So, it should be a good match?
Anyone else tried this out?

Cheers :beerchug:

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #37,147 of 40,675
North America stock of Odyssey is expected to arrive tomorrow and will be sent to dealers in US/Canada same day. Dealers are expected to have their pre-order stock around mid-week next week.
Is Odyssey actually gonna show up at US dealers this week?... or is it still just just a guesstimation?

I wish Empire Ears would've released these on their own. I'm completely turned off ever buying from AK again.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #37,148 of 40,675
Shocked that the first case of me having a major fit issue with a CIEM is with my Odin - very uncharacteristic of Empire quality in the past.

Right side had practically no seal and left was minimal after the rebuild, when the original did not have many major issues.

Fret not, already on the way to Jack and team, and they are on top of it. Kudos to Empire customer service as always!

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #37,149 of 40,675
Is Odyssey actually gonna show up at US dealers this week?... or is it still just just a guesstimation?

I wish Empire Ears would've released these on their own. I'm completely turned off ever buying from AK again.
You think they had came up with this name "Odyssey" for no reason?

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #37,150 of 40,675

Considering that Christmas is the Sunday after next, I’ll be surprised if we see the IEM anytime this year. Sounds like it won’t land into customers hands until January. Why they chose to ship off customer orders in the USA to Korea first is beyond me but the manufacturer has their reasons.

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #37,151 of 40,675
Considering that Christmas is the Sunday after next, I’ll be surprised if we see the IEM anytime this year. Sounds like it won’t land into customers hands until January. Why they chose to ship off customer orders in the USA to Korea first is beyond me but the manufacturer has their reasons.

AK always “shafts” their NA customers. They do the same with the SP3000. It was released earlier worldwide but NA wasn’t allowed to ship units until all dealers had their stock, so everyone received it at the same time. They think they’re Apple or something 🤭

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #37,152 of 40,675
I've heard the same thing from @Damz87 and @metaljem77 regarding OTL. Will definitely have to try it when I finally get a Ody into the house. OTL is such a beautiful cable. I have it currently paired with Traillii.
OTL is great with Ody, prob what I’d go for if I didn’t have Meets Again Shielding (MAS), off the cuff I recall that the bass quantity is a little more with MAS :) I recall you have this cable, looking forward to hearing what you think.

Dec 12, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #37,153 of 40,675

Seems like it was purely a control issue rather than a sensible option for any real purpose. EE has always shipped their releases to US based retailers without fail. Can't see how this time would've been any different.

I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet that AK had some sketchy international shipping partner pick them up and send them overseas. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this much of a delay.

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #37,154 of 40,675
I should really know this, but I don't. Is the Odyssey's connector considered a "flat 2 pin" or regular 2 pin?
All of EE's universal IEMs have flat/non recessed connectors, although the cables are recessed 2-pin. Flat 2-pin sits flush between the IEM & cable. Recessed connectors paired with recessed/CIEM cables are generally more secure.

Odyssey has a flat/flush connector, but the included cable is a regular or CIEM 2-pin. Did I confuse you even more?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #37,155 of 40,675
All of EE's universal IEMs have flat/non recessed connectors, although the cables are recessed 2-pin. Flat 2-pin sits flush between the IEM & cable. Recessed connectors paired with recessed/CIEM cables are generally more secure.

Odyssey has a flat/flush connector, but the included cable is a regular or CIEM 2-pin. Did I confuse you even more?
YES! Lol. So what's recommended to use with Odyssey for the most secure fit? A flat 2 pin, or a regular 2 pin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back