Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #13,966 of 40,566
I've been trying to figure out how to describe the quality of sound of the Bravado and what separates from all my other headphones/earphones. It's that the big sound seems so effortless.

I know :) What cable are you using?

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #13,968 of 40,566
I've been trying to figure out how to describe the quality of sound of the Bravado and what separates from all my other headphones/earphones. It's that the big sound seems so effortless.

ikr?!

i think that its woofer and Vang's new crossover design really highlighted bass resolution and microdetail in general all without the bass qty overwhelming them.

in a way it reminded me high sensitivity speakers.

i mentioned it elsewhere, this is "CFA Polaris done right" to me... Polaris had a similar responsiveness but was so coloured and uneven that it disappointed me greatly.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #13,973 of 40,566
https://m.imgur.com/a/yqfiLUx

Here are my custom LX’s ! They arrived Friday. Sorry I couldn’t get better pics - taken from my iPhone. All clear faceplate and shells. Mine look slightly diff from other LX because my ear canals were too narrow they had to slightly adjust the design of them for me. They fit and sound fantastic. I couldn’t be happier. Big thanks once again to Ethan for helping me with this all the way from the beginning.

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #13,974 of 40,566
Hi everyone! My name is Devon and I am a new member of the Empire Ears team! I’m super excited to be joining y’all. I am a musician first - I am primarily a vocalist with both classical and contemporary background. I’m very new to the audiophile world and am looking forward to learning more about it as I go. I’ve always had a huge appreciation for sound; I also dabble in recording/engineering but just picked that up just a few months ago so I’m definitely still an amateur. :wink:

My favorites from our current lineup are the ESR and the Legend X. Feel free to shoot me a PM at any time with any inquiries you may have and I’ll get back to you ASAP. You can also reach me at devon@empireears.com and at 770-945-0065 ext. 1004.

-Devon, Empire Ears

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #13,975 of 40,566
https://m.imgur.com/a/yqfiLUx

Here are my custom LX’s ! They arrived Friday. Sorry I couldn’t get better pics - taken from my iPhone. All clear faceplate and shells. Mine look slightly diff from other LX because my ear canals were too narrow they had to slightly adjust the design of them for me. They fit and sound fantastic. I couldn’t be happier. Big thanks once again to Ethan for helping me with this all the way from the beginning.
Mine would probably look like yours since I’ve small ear canals too

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #13,976 of 40,566
Mine would probably look like yours since I’ve small ear canals too

I was told it was a design they used back when they were Earworks. I could have had it the way it was now but they wouldn’t have been as flush. The current design has the 2 pin on the shell, not the faceplate like mine. Regardless I think they look great :)

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #13,977 of 40,566
I was told it was a design they used back when they were Earworks. I could have had it the way it was now but they wouldn’t have been as flush. The current design has the 2 pin on the shell, not the faceplate like mine. Regardless I think they look great :)
I hope my pins will be on the shell since i have chosen funky faceplates on both my phantoms and legend

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #13,979 of 40,566
Hi everyone! My name is Devon and I am a new member of the Empire Ears team! I’m super excited to be joining y’all. I am a musician first - I am primarily a vocalist with both classical and contemporary background. I’m very new to the audiophile world and am looking forward to learning more about it as I go. I’ve always had a huge appreciation for sound; I also dabble in recording/engineering but just picked that up just a few months ago so I’m definitely still an amateur. :wink:

My favorites from our current lineup are the ESR and the Legend X. Feel free to shoot me a PM at any time with any inquiries you may have and I’ll get back to you ASAP. You can also reach me at devon@empireears.com and at 770-945-0065 ext. 404.

-Devon, Empire Ears

Welcome Devon! We look forward to getting to know you. :)

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #13,980 of 40,566
Some fun with the Phantom...WM1Z balanced or LPG?

WM1Z:
  • Smoother sound
  • Wider, less deep, more airy
  • Lower noise floor
  • Excellent resolution
LPG:
  • A bit of hiss
  • Great depth
  • Great resolution
  • More bite to the sound
Slight preference to the LPG at this stage but comparable.

IMG_20180605_094551.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back