Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #13,891 of 40,571
Haha. It does. I actually found a local retailer with the Mini-Monitor II.

Thanks!

May 30, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #13,892 of 40,571
do you miss your full size cans from time to time?

I miss everything but the sound, I miss how you just put them on and you are ready to go,

With iems you got to wrap cable behind ear maybe a shirt clip , maybe squeeze the tips before insertion maybe lube the custom. Make sure to maintain seal. Rather small and maybe fragile.

But I feel the added noise isolation and imaging is superior. Beware. There are lots in this thread that don't know what imaging is.
Twister, pinky, Ike and a few others have good and worthy reviews and know and use proper terminology others are just flapping their gums

May 30, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #13,893 of 40,571
I miss everything but the sound, I miss how you just put them on and you are ready to go,

With iems you got to wrap cable behind ear maybe a shirt clip , maybe squeeze the tips before insertion maybe lube the custom. Make sure to maintain seal. Rather small and maybe fragile.

But I feel the added noise isolation and imaging is superior. Beware. There are lots in this thread that don't know what imaging is.
Twister, pinky, Ike and a few others have good and worthy reviews and know and use proper terminology others are just flapping their gums
images

May 31, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #13,895 of 40,571
I'm definitely more of a bass-head than you guys. :)

I partied out to the plusSound Tri-Copper with LX, because of the more aggressive warmth and bass. And now I'm madly in love with the 8-Wire Thor Silver II, because it has that fuller sound, but also incredible clarity and transparency.

But I definitely like my LX low-end to be at its fullest. :D

How is the soundstage do you think? Not width but more 3d,holographic and such. Even though it is very good already.
That is the one thing I want to increase without sacrificing smoothness or bass but I don't know which cable to go for. My Lionheart does not match well with my Vantage imo.

It was too much of a bass slam for me. Just a personal preference, but I'm still enjoying pair up with Ares II the best. And btw, just got 8wire Ares II, and still went back to a stock 4wire.

Can you elaborate? I was thinking of going 8 wire for increased soundstage...

May 31, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #13,897 of 40,571
How is the soundstage do you think? Not width but more 3d,holographic and such. Even though it is very good already.
That is the one thing I want to increase without sacrificing smoothness or bass but I don't know which cable to go for. My Lionheart does not match well with my Vantage imo.

Can you elaborate? I was thinking of going 8 wire for increased soundstage...

how are you liking your vantage? mind sharing your impressions of them?

also is vantage + lionheart too much of a good thing? what do you not like about that combo?

thanks in advance!

May 31, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #13,898 of 40,571
how are you liking your vantage? mind sharing your impressions of them?

also is vantage + lionheart too much of a good thing? what do you not like about that combo?

thanks in advance!

Don't mind at all, in fact I will write a review soon, so here are some brief impressions : the Vantage is a smooth operator, no harshness at all yet everything is very clear in a natural way. The subbass goes very low and the midbass is present to give you a warm tonality but I would not call them basshead as I don't find it overwhelming at all, just natural. Treble is airy not sparkly and the details are there but it doesn't force them out, just smooth sailing. Vocals are clear and thick, again no harshness or sibilance . I would say that it is a great all-rounder, nothing stands out in the beginning but as you get to know them they just deliver great balanced sound!

With the Ares II the vocals take a step back to let the instruments call the shots, and the Lionheart i find to focus on the vocals and narrow the stage a bit but I will get more into detail in the review. Treble is oh so sweet with the lionheart though!

Hope that helps a bit...

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #13,899 of 40,571
Anyone that moved from full size headphones to in ear for desktop use? I am considering selling everything and moving to flagship in ears, I am tired of heavy headphones that can bake my head on the summer

Thats interesting. I think it depends on use as well. For example probably I could not use IEM when I would sit in computer I would felt strange and another problem could be not every time can have the same position IEM in your ears sometime finicky at least for me. Full size headphone would scale on quality/decent desktop rig much much better and definitely felt better on ears at least for me. On the other side if someone listening music in bed, couch, just when relax which is in my opinion the best than I think quality IEM can have big advantage and can be better becouse it obviously play great with portable sources mobile, DAPs etc. and honestly there is not much fullsize headphone which sound really good with portable sources sure LCDX but you need for them good tonally system to sound really good but what next maybe new Ananda, HEXv2, HE4xx but who really knows, Aeon Flow is definitely harder to drive.

I am in exact same situation I want try both quality IEM (hopefully end sounding) and new Ananda which looks very comfy. Listening music in computer is very fine but sometimes very boring to sit which was reason why I sold full size headphone in past.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #13,901 of 40,571
Just did it. I'm selling my entire desktop rig. Already sold the Aoen Flow Open. The Bravado paired with the Mojo is truly amazing .

I’ve tried that combo. It’s incredible.

What did you use for your source and how do you deal with the cables? (If you’re using an iPhone).

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #13,903 of 40,571
I'm using my Nexus 6p with otg running USB Audio Player Pro. Playing my own hi res files and Tidal flac.

Nice! I want to do the same but I need to find a Lightning to MicroUSB cable for my iPhone X. It’s a pain to use two OTG cables just for the connection. I use TIDAL also.

May 31, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #13,904 of 40,571
Nice! I want to do the same but I need to find a Lightning to MicroUSB cable for my iPhone X. It’s a pain to use two OTG cables just for the connection. I use TIDAL also.

Cozoy has recently released a lightning to microUSB cable that eliminates the need for the apple camera connection kit, works with iphone x, and works directly with the hugo2 and mojo. Looks like Penon has it for sale https://penonaudio.com/cozoy-lightningtype-c-to-micro-usb-cable.html, but I got mine direct from cozoy (email sales@cozoyaudio.com). I have used it with my iphone x, mojo and hugo2 and it works great and reliably. It is a short cable though ~4 inches (~10 cm) long

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #13,905 of 40,571
Cozoy has recently released a lightning to microUSB cable that eliminates the need for the apple camera connection kit, works with iphone x, and works directly with the hugo2 and mojo. Looks like Penon has it for sale https://penonaudio.com/cozoy-lightningtype-c-to-micro-usb-cable.html, but I got mine direct from cozoy (email sales@cozoyaudio.com). I have used it with my iphone x, mojo and hugo2 and it works great and reliably. It is a short cable though ~4 inches (~10 cm) long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back