Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 18, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #9,736 of 40,587
Guys, I only hear rumors, but I bet that things will be realistic for what they are offering. The biggest reason I'm even over here is because I feel strongly that EE offers the best values in each price range. I was already to pull the trigger on the Noble Kaiser Encore, but after extensive research I found out about EE. Im' totally new to portable audio, so I read adn learn from each one you as I go on my journey.

I love portable audio/or IEM home systems. You guys want a new sound signature and all you have to so is get a pair or Spartans or a Zeus and you are still under 2k. You want a new DAP and it costs only 3500 or so for the TOTL (depending on your tastes).

I"m a 2 channel guy as you all know by now. I have reviewed, for fun when I'm physically able to, in that world since I was a kid (early 70's). I was the one everyone came to to get their systems in middle school and high school. Then it got even more serious etc.... Right now in order to make major differences in your systems all you need to do is spend under 2k. When you sell, you probably lose less than 1k. That's all a ton of money, but honestly, these were the costs in 2 channel back in the 70's, lol.

I was texting with a close friend of mine all weekend. He is 'upgrading', which is as big a bug in 2 channel as it is here. He is selling off a pair of Joesph Audio speakers that he bought new for 12k usd (I'm sure he got around a 20% discount, so it was around 10k) and now will probably only get around 8k if he is even able to move them. He probably loses over 20k a year in buying and selling (used when possible) gear to review and then post about. He's a surgeon and can afford it or he wouldn't do it. That's irrelevant though as he does it for the same reason's we all do it. We are addicted to either the gear or the music. Most of us on this board seem to be into teh music as much as the gear. Those are the three types of audiophile that I speak about.

Think about who you are. Don't kill yourself to enjoy your music. No livers or kidney's or hearts need to be sold to afford what you want. That's what makes this so awesome. I 2 channel there is ONE product in each price range that is their 1 and only. That's what makes it so cool to be over here. Personally I love the choices we all have and companies like EE and a few others realize that there are so many different ears adn they can cater to each one. How many times have I heard a Vandersteen speaker (to my ears the best speaker line in the world for each price range as they are competitive with speakers costing more than twice their range and their sales since 1979 prove it) that sounds awesome on anything, but I have loved a pair of someone else's speakers when rocking out. In this world all you need to do is swap out an IEM and if you love one company you can even use an IEM from the SAME company. My 2 channel buddies are in shock when I share that with them. Again, thanks for letting me play

nice post, and I for one got thrills using the zeus R, which was an experience I can not forget

i am so eagrly waiting for legend x, as I assume its the one that will suit me more

not only are EE iems amazing, but Jack is such an amazing person and I am so glad this community has someone like Jack

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #9,738 of 40,587
I agree that audio is all about teh people. too many strong offerings out there to have to deal with Aholes. Teh Noble guys have been awesome too and I'll gladly be keeping my Savants or I may give them to my daughter. At least with those she won't hurt her ears on all that trumped up bass her music has, lmao....:)....

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #9,739 of 40,587
I' thinking of reselling my Spartan however I was told that I would not be able to keep Adel. I can sell my modules so cost would be minimal. Is there a big difference with the Spartan adel vs no adel?

If it helps I do like the g1 sound however I do wish it was fully isolated esp when I get wind noise.
Block the adel port and you should have your answer. I didn't hear the adel version but thought the non adel was very well balanced and suspect the adel version may be a little lean in nature. I think I read somewhere that this model was getting updated and it wouldn't surprise me if it was bass/adel related since this model originated sans that option.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #9,740 of 40,587
All of these IEM's have different sound sigs. There's no reason to assume that these are just "better" Zeus'. While they may be really nice (I certainly assume they will be, as EE doesn't seem to make non-"really nice" IEM's), you shouldn't be feeling that you made a mistake buying a Zeus. I've had mine for almost a month and I have no regrets. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. When yours arrive I think you will feel the same. If the Phantom comes in at the price point I'm seeing, then maybe at CanJam in April I'll take a listen and see if it interests me (with a CanJam discount). But I'm loving the Zeus and am keeping my kidney. :)

To date, the Zeus -XR Adel are the best IEMs I've experienced!

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #9,743 of 40,587
Regardless of whether there'll be a flagship replacement for Zeus-R or not in future -- Empire Ears has been a blessing to me since I experienced the Zeus.

That alone will never change how that IEM has, and always will have -- a special spot to me, no matter how EE progress in future.

me3.gif

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #9,745 of 40,587
To date, the Zeus -XR Adel are the best IEMs I've experienced!

Same here, well for me the Zeus XR

Me too, the XR. Brings a smile to my face whenever I listen to it.

Regardless of whether there'll be a flagship replacement for Zeus-R or not in future -- Empire Ears has been a blessing to me since I experienced the Zeus.

That alone will never change how that IEM has, and always will have -- a special spot to me, no matter how EE progress in future.

me3.gif
What a pleasure to read you while waiting for the arrival - should be beginning of 2018 - of my Zeus xr Adel... :)

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #9,747 of 40,587
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #9,750 of 40,587
Now to chose the color and face choices. hmmmm..... Love carbon fiber and also the abalone. So many look so great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back