Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #7,276 of 40,670
Super curious about the prototypes now for the multi month waiting game lol

Also of note I love the bass on Rhapsodio galaxy's but not the mids/treble so much

IIRC @Jack Vang mentioned the prototypes are currently in their infancy and will not be released anytime soon. The Savage series might pique your interest in the meantime, which is geared towards bassheads. I haven't tried the Galaxy in quite a while, but I'll see if I can do so to come up with more recommendations for you.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #7,277 of 40,670
  Greetings

Say what you like, I also saw the disappointment on my friend's face and he as well said that the tuning is bad and lifeless and that is why he asked me to try it. He bought it used but still paid a lot of money for it. He asked me to try it, and I told him frankly its lifeless and has no bass what so ever. If you think the tuning is great, then good for you and everyone else who likes it. But to me and my friend, we are shocked by the description of what gets posted here compared to real life hands on. I feel sorry for my friend that he now has to look his most expensive iem and always remember that he spent so much for something he will not use

Cheers

Positive or negative we always welcome open discussion and feedback on here. I'm sorry to hear that your friend is disappointed with his used purchase. I would encourage him to reach out to me personally and see if he can send it in for evaluation. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #7,278 of 40,670
I should have me some XR Adel in a couple of days looking forward to it :D

A loaner, a review sample, or did you take the personal plunge? :D

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #7,279 of 40,670
Buys a Tesla to see the hype. Complains it can't pull as much gear as a pick-up truck. Dodge Ram is much cheaper and better.
Spends 2K+ without reading the label first where the type of car + info was mentioned.

rolleyes.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #7,280 of 40,670
  I should have me some XR Adel in a couple of days looking forward to it 
biggrin.gif

Congrats! I see you already have the (U12) S1/B1 module, so I guess you can use them straight away on your new XRA
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #7,281 of 40,670
Hey guys, figured I should catch you all up on the recent developments and explain my lack of posting since CanJam NYC.

As you can probably see by my Member of Trade status being updated, I'm no longer with Asius. I'll still be here to help people with various ADEL questions if you PM me, but otherwise I won't be speaking to that topic. It's not really appropriate for me to go into the reasoning for the change in companies.

In the coming week or two, I'll be packing up everything here in Boulder and heading out to Atlanta to join the rest of the Empire team in person and get back to work in a lab. Trading my lovely canyon roads of the Front Range, for humidity and the booming music scene.

I'll still be on the front lines with Jack at shows around the world, so there's still pretty good odds that I'll see you at events in the future!

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #7,282 of 40,670
  Hey guys, figured I should catch you all up on the recent developments and explain my lack of posting since CanJam NYC.

As you can probably see by my Member of Trade status being updated, I'm no longer with Asius. I'll still be here to help people with various ADEL questions if you PM me, but otherwise I won't be speaking to that topic. It's not really appropriate for me to go into the reasoning for the change in companies.

In the coming week or two, I'll be packing up everything here in Boulder and heading out to Atlanta to join the rest of the Empire team in person and get back to work in a lab. Trading my lovely canyon roads of the Front Range, for humidity and the booming music scene.

I'll still be on the front lines with Jack at shows around the world, so there's still pretty good odds that I'll see you at events in the future!

having you on team with EE means we have best of both worlds you and @Jack Vang 

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #7,283 of 40,670

Congratulations!

[size=1em]Once you've had a chance to settle in, set aside one evening to hit [/size][size=1em]Ecco[/size][size=1em] for dinner and then the [/size][size=1em]Laughing Skull[/size][size=1em] around the corner. If you're in the mood for something a bit more adventurous, hit up [/size][size=1em]Desta[/size][size=1em] for excellent Ethiopian cuisine. I love the steak kifta (medium rare or rare) with shiro.[/size]

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #7,284 of 40,670

Congratulations Canyon Runner. All the best in the new job.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #7,285 of 40,670

Lol, you still have some mountains in Georgia, well the approach section of the AT at least.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #7,286 of 40,670

Positive or negative we always welcome open discussion and feedback on here. I'm sorry to hear that your friend is disappointed with his used purchase. I would encourage him to reach out to me personally and see if he can send it in for evaluation. 

a classy answer , without mocking or crucifying different (negative) opinions 

also nice to see EE fans not trying to call this person a troll or attack him for not agreeing with the majority of people in here

cheers

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #7,287 of 40,670

also nice to see EE fans not trying to call this person a troll or attack him for not agreeing with the majority of people in here

cheers

You're absolutely right about that imo!

Although I have to be honest that it took me some self-discipline (I also had the Sony Z5, which he claimed to be so much better) to not respond 
wink.gif

Let's not forget that there also might (it was picked up by his friend as a used one) be something wrong (earwax in tubes, defective drivers, etc) with that monitor...

Anyway, whatever makes somebody happy...just enjoy that toy
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #7,288 of 40,670

cheers

Greetings

No need to stir up people against me, just because I shared a different opinion.

What I stated is a fact based on what we both heard and the fact is the Zeus XIV lacks bass, I know many like that signature but for some that signature does not work.

Cheers

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #7,289 of 40,670

You're absolutely right about that imo!

Although I have to be honest that it took me some self-discipline (I also had the Sony Z5, which he claimed to be so much better) to not respond 
wink.gif

Let's not forget that there also might (it was picked up by his friend as a used one) be something wrong (earwax in tubes, defective drivers, etc) with that monitor...

Anyway, whatever makes somebody happy...just enjoy that toy
ksc75smile.gif

Greetings

I looked at my post again and find it kind of rude myself how I shared my impressions, but your post is ringing a bell and I will tell my friend to check out his iem, maybe you are right that something is not right with the pair he has

Cheers

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #7,290 of 40,670
  Greetings

I looked at my post again and find it kind of rude myself how I shared my impressions, but your post is ringing a bell and I will tell my friend to check out his iem, maybe you are right that something is not right with the pair he has

Cheers

While you're at it, maybe try out different tips on the Zeus as well. I heard Spiral Dots and Final Audio tips slightly accentuate the bass, but don't create veils like Comply tips tend to do. As far as wax build-up goes, my dad's CIEMs once got one of its tiny bores blocked by a speck of wax and it was enough to cause pretty bad channel imbalance, so it may be a cause of the bass deficiency. But, when all else fails, and it still proves insufficient, maybe try one of EE's bassier offerings like the Athena or the Savage series IEMs; I reckon they might tickle your fancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back